No more TAX disc?

Batman

been able to pay online for ages.

Only difference I can see, is that a traffic warden or whoever, will now need to key in the car reg on their handheld device to check for valid tax, instead of just a glance at the window.

I understand you will now automaticly get any remaining road tax refunded when you sell your car. My question is: if you buy a car that is taxed, will it not effectively remain taxed as far as the authorities are concerned until the former owner gets around to posting his V5 to the DVLA and they get around to issuing a refund - maybe two or three weeks later in my experience?

I understand you will now automaticly get any remaining road tax refunded when you sell your car. My question is: if you buy a car that is taxed, will it not effectively remain taxed as far as the authorities are concerned until the former owner gets around to posting his V5 to the DVLA and they get around to issuing a refund - maybe two or three weeks later in my experience?

And when you sell you will only get a refund of whole months but when you buy a new one you have to pay the full amount.

Edited by Whitey Grandad