Good Luck To The Hong Kong Students

Gemmel

Got a feeling they are going to need it, over the coming hours.

I didnt realise until today that the Chinese Prime Minister who made promises about democracy in HK and was 'dovish' towards the Tiannamen square protestors was purged shortly afterwards and spent the rest of his life in house arrest.

I didnt realise until today that the Chinese Prime Minister who made promises about democracy in HK and was 'dovish' towards the Tiannamen square protestors was purged shortly afterwards and spent the rest of his life in house arrest.

Thanks for that - neither did I . The protesters have issued an ultimatum and will start taking over Government offices in the next few hours.

Just hope we don't see a repeat of TS - I don't think we will, but the police and army are shipping in boxes of what is thought to be tear gas. Lets just hope that's all it is.

Thanks for that - neither did I . The protesters have issued an ultimatum and will start taking over Government offices in the next few hours.

Just hope we don't see a repeat of TS - I don't think we will, but the police and army are shipping in boxes of what is thought to be tear gas. Lets just hope that's all it is.

This is the article I read. Chinese politics has so many hidden motives and levels to it its very hard for an outsider to understand.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-29454385

thing is, if the Chinese government do anything bad..who the hell is going to do anything more than have a strongly worded statement put out in the news

no one can touch them

We made a mistake 30 years ago in thinking development and economic growth would bring political liberalisation. So far all its done is create a more powerful bully. I do some work in the Philippines and China is hated by the pacific rim countries because of their attempt to annexe the high seas and even grab other countries territorial waters by building artifical islands and then claiming an EEZ around them.

We made a mistake 30 years ago in thinking development and economic growth would bring political liberalisation. So far all its done is create a more powerful bully. I do some work in the Philippines and China is hated by the pacific rim countries because of their attempt to annexe the high seas and even grab other countries territorial waters by building artifical islands and then claiming an EEZ around them.

exactly, and there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it