Glasgow hotels

mightysaints

I have been lucky enough to bag hospitality for the Scotland v England game later this month. Can anyone recommend a hotel near the city centre for curry houses, beer up etc. after the game as I have heard that the area around Celtic park is not good.

The area around cetic park is not good, steer clear.

For a decent curry i'd recommend mother india near kelvinbridge (west end). You can't book a table so may end up waiting for a table but it's well worth it.

As for hotels I can't really offer advice as I've never stayed in one (I live in the city). But I can offer help with what areas to stay clear of if you find a hotel that you like the look of. City centre or west end are fine - trouble is rare. Stay south of Great Western Road in the west end though. The jury's inn has a good reputation if you're looking for city centre.

Getting to Celtic park can be a pain in the rear end. I'd probably just walk...might want to bring something to cover your England shirt though!

I go there quite a bit for work, usually stay in the Hilton on William Street, central to town, got a decent sauna and swimming pool and reasonable. I've also stayed at three premier Inns, the Radison blue, which was massively over rated, the Erskine Bridge, which was cheap but dreadful. If you can stretch to it marr hall is fantastic, £25 in a taxi into town though. Used to get a corporate rate there is an old job so a room was £99 rather than the usual rate which was far higher.

http://www.marhall.com

I go there quite a bit for work, usually stay in the Hilton on William Street, central to town, got a decent sauna and swimming pool and reasonable. I've also stayed at three premier Inns, the Radison blue, which was massively over rated, the Erskine Bridge, which was cheap but dreadful. If you can stretch to it marr hall is fantastic, £25 in a taxi into town though. Used to get a corporate rate there is an old job so a room was £99 rather than the usual rate which was far higher.

http://www.marhall.com

I'd agree that Mar Hall is fantastic but not exactly in Glasgow!