Qatar cleared. England criticised.

jawillwill

I'm thinking that FIFA is a organisation that is fundamentally rotten to the core and that Sepp Blatter clings to power like the corrupt dictator of some 'Banana Republic' who fears that should he ever lose power his replacement will have him put up against a wall and shot.

Apart from that I feel the game is in good hands ...

:lol:

It's getting to the stage where England should just pull out of FIFA and look into setting up a rival World Body.

I'm sure there would be quite a few countries that would follow. England still have a lot of clout.

I would absolutely love it if we did this, however football is now so firmly indebted to the Middle East I can't see it happening. Barca, Citeh & PSG all ME involved, as is Platini.

If we did pull out of FIFA, how would that affect the Premier league? Whose rules would they abide by? Genuinely don't know.

Let's smear the biggest footballing nation with some Mickey Mouse cobblers and while everyone is looking at them shaking their heads, we pull up a bit more carpet to hide more of this stuff under............ Admittedly the FA can be a bunch of dopey buggers at times.

I like the way the Russians bid teams computers containing emails were destroyed (if I read it right) on FIFAs instruction!! Is just cast off merely as "oh well these things happen".

Ah well won't be seeing a World Cup on these shores again in my lifetime............

Let's smear the biggest footballing nation with some Mickey Mouse cobblers and while everyone is looking at them shaking their heads, we pull up a bit more carpet to hide more of this stuff under............ Admittedly the FA can be a bunch of dopey buggers at times.

I like the way the Russians bid teams computers containing emails were destroyed (if I read it right) on FIFAs instruction!! Is just cast off merely as "oh well these things happen".

Ah well won't be seeing a World Cup on these shores again in my lifetime............

And we are the ones criticised because we clearly will have been the only ones who cooperated fully with the process!

I would absolutely love it if we did this, however football is now so firmly indebted to the Middle East I can't see it happening. Barca, Citeh & PSG all ME involved, as is Platini.

If we did pull out of FIFA, how would that affect the Premier league? Whose rules would they abide by? Genuinely don't know.

It may not be that Qatar has been any more or less corrupt than other bid winner in the past. The difference this time is the sheer surreal absurdity of a World Cup in the Arabian Gulf in the Summer. So a withdrawal of the FA from FIFA wouldn't be aimed at Middle Eastern interests as such, but rather at FIFA itself, which is, as has been said, an appalling banana republic which has serially damaged the interests of football in return for copious kickbacks. So I don't think it conflicts with ME investment in the Prem.

Pulling out of FIFA sounds appealing, at least if it's used as a nuclear option in a determined bid to reform an organisation that, like F1, has done more than any to damage the sport.

But the minute we start talking about the FA as a leader of a reform movement it all starts to sound a bit ridiculous. And my guess is FIFA knows this - it's a battle of the chronically corrupt vs the chronically hopeless.

If Garcia is claimimg his findings have been improperly represented or worse then in the long run this may be a good thing. Blatter and his minnions have tried to dress up a PR stunt as a credible investigation, it seems that Garcia will not stay quiet and be abused in this way.

Nobody (at least on these shores!) is the least bit surprised about their behaviour but the brazen way they go about it is just mind-boggling !

I would like to think that if we teamed up with the German, Spanish and maybe the Italian FA's there would be some clout to promote change but I'm probably being extremely naive !

Nobody (at least on these shores!) is the least bit surprised about their behaviour but the brazen way they go about it is just mind-boggling !

I would like to think that if we teamed up with the German, Spanish and maybe the Italian FA's there would be some clout to promote change but I'm probably being extremely naive !

The Italians? !

FIFA corruption isnt just Blatter, his cronies and fellow takers probably hold sway in the majority of committees. I can't help wondering if Garcia, the FA and UEFA have planned to allow FIFA to publish this doctored report, discredit it and them and give them the platform for reform.

The Italians? !

Lol, depends on whether its Northern Italy or Southern. There are a lot of good FA's in Europe, hence why UEFA is better than FIFA - but they are outnumbered within FIFA by developing and generally more corrupt South American, African and to some extent Asian (with notable exceptions like Singapore and Japan) associations. Its part of the reason Blatter has been so keen to promote WCs away from the 'home' of the game in Europe.

It's a disgrace and an absolute whitewash as we all knew it would be. Nothing will change for years, let's hope blatter pops his clogs soon.

Even the bloke who carried out the enquiy is saying that now. Qatar should be banned from anything and everything. They'll soon have more toubles that the 22 WC to think about.

Quelle Surprise...

It really is about time the English FA left FIFA..

Probably the only country that could do it and get away with it.

Founders of the game, got the hottest club league in the world, and have a national team so shít they make small boys cry.

Go for it.

The best thing about the Russian FA is that they said they couldnt access the documents/emails as they used rented computers that were returned, however they also said that the emails couldnt be found as they couldn't log into their gmail accounts (honest to god) and asked google to help them but got no reply. And FIFA just went, "yeah fair enough you tried I guess". LOL

The best thing about the Russian FA is that they said they couldnt access the documents/emails as they used rented computers that were returned, however they also said that the emails couldnt be found as they couldn't log into their gmail accounts (honest to god) and asked google to help them but got no reply. And FIFA just went, "yeah fair enough you tried I guess". LOL

Surely not? Oh come on now, you're Putin me on ... :o

Would welcome us pulling out although never going to happen. And also PL carrying on through Qatar and clubs not releasing players and just say fu ck em. Will be such a sh1t tournament anyway. Shame our hoolies couldn't go and kick the sh1t out of the ISIS backers

Europe holds the power. Despite Fifa trying to shift it elsewhere.

Shame the big leagues/associations in Europe do not have the balls to go it alone.

Imagine the English, German, French, Spanish and Italian FA's telling Fifa to do one. That is where the real money is

They could invite nations for competitions and the like

Hosting a World Cup in a proper footballing country and it turns out good. Shocking isn't it?!

Russia will be crap. Qatar will be an utter embarrassment

Two out of every three should be in an established football nation (possibly in Europe) with the third year saved for taking the game elsewhere within reason. Screw all this taking it to South Africa Russia and Qatar. They have been or will be terrible world cups.

I don't think taking it to South Africa was bad...

I found Ukraine as a choice for the Euros (even in a joint bid) much worse. It basically financed a few oligarchs out of there before the war broke out.

I'm really not looking forward to Russia and Qatar.

Fair enough but I thought south Africa was an appaling world cup. One of the worst.

Hold the UEFA world cup and invite other counties like Brazil etc.. to compete to take part.

would be immense

imagine the top 20 European sides

with the following invitations

Brazil

Argentina

Chile/AN Other

Uruguay/Ecuador

Mexico

USA

Japan

South Korea or China

top 4 African nations

there you go. 32 team world cup, that would be better than the current set up

would be immense

imagine the top 20 European sides

with the following invitations

Brazil

Argentina

Chile/AN Other

Uruguay/Ecuador

Mexico

USA

Japan

South Korea or China

top 4 African nations

there you go. 32 team world cup, that would be better than the current set up

Not really a world cup if most nations cant even take part.