Is there any point in our "Latest News" page?

St_Tel49

i made this point almost exactly two years ago and it was turned into a turkish bashing thread. Funny how i was right again and nothing has improved.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?41586-the-latest-news-updates-on-here

Really hard to see why it could possibly have turned into a "turkish bashing thread". After all your post was so nice and polite and at the time at least you were one of the most respected posters. What exactly were you right about by the way? Given you are right about everything its difficult to know what specifically you were right about in that particular thread. Clearly there were updates to the page after your nice, polite request was made, but seems to have lapsed again since. Does anyone genuinely look to this page regularly expecting to find news? Do we really pay to access the Latest News page? I thought the payment was to allow full use of the forum.

Really hard to see why it could possibly have turned into a "turkish bashing thread". After all your post was so nice and polite and at the time at least you were one of the most respected posters. What exactly were you right about by the way? Given you are right about everything its difficult to know what specifically you were right about in that particular thread. Clearly there were updates to the page after your nice, polite request was made, but seems to have lapsed again since. Does anyone genuinely look to this page regularly expecting to find news? Do we really pay to access the Latest News page? I thought the payment was to allow full use of the forum.

I'm not always right you know, I was wrong about Les Reed and gave Him a tearing about 2 years ago, but time has proven he is a superb asset to this club. However, it's Great to see you're coming round to being a fan of mine. Do I take it as an apology after you accused me of being racist because I didn't rate Lee? I was right on that too wasn't I pal.

Until last year the OS was not a worthwhile source of information about our club because of the secrecy inherent in everything that the Cortese regime did and before that the Lowe regime treated fans with such absolute contempt that the OS was used only to promote and sell merchandise and services (top down). The latest news sections of this and other fan forums was about the only way we could find out anything at all about what was going on inside the club and even then a lot of the news was speculative at best. Never-the-less precisely because of the various blackouts at SMS the 'latest news' sections of fan websites provide a vital service.

Nowadays in this new era of genuine openness and transparency at SFC, the OS is used extensively to convey every aspect of inside club information to fans almost down to the detail of what each of them had for supper last night. Maybe sometimes they have strayed into overload on occasion but what's to complain about there? You could argue that in this enlightened new relationship between club and fans, the latest news sections may be no longer needed.