BBC Sports Personality

Hatch

Whitlock should win it. Not only is he one of the best male gymnasts Britain has had, but also does a hell of a lot of work at grass roots level of the sport encouraging young gymnasts and young people of any sports.

But of course he wont. That guy who walks around hitting a small ball with a stick will.

Lord T is correct, the competition is over.

That won't stop the BBC hyping it up like it's a dizzier bit of excitement than Strictly meets Bakeoff. :(

Man, I am out of step with society, and it feels good.

I'm just relieved that they haven't shoehorned Murray or Rooney in there.

The glorious sporting year of 2012 seems a long time ago now.

Not a great shortlist probably going to go to Hamilton who has all the personality of a spoilt teenage heiress and the class to match.

As has been said if it was up to me on that list Max Whitlock would get the nod he is phenomenally talented, works incredibly hard in a sport that is never going to make him a rich man and gives back to his sport. Would also like to see Jo Pavey get some recognition she has worked incredibly hard over her career in the shadow of Paula and has finally in her twilight years achieved a medal she so richly deserved after having her lottery funding removed for being to old.