Black Friday

Saint-scooby

Black Friday wannabees! How many stampede/gunshot/pepper spray deaths will you have today? None I bet. Leave it to the professionals please.

ha ha - I actually did laugh out loud :-)

saw an advert for a new vauxhall yesterday: "just 4000 down the 250 a month". so last years us of a car adverts are now here....

Just seen a video on Facebook from Tesco in Bursledon this morning, carnage. Poeple ripping stuff off the walls, arguing over kettles and (my favourite bit) some big mush with a trendy beard eventually ripping a Blaupunkt TV off a pair of Doris' half his size after a proper struggle.

Seriously, some right old weirdos out there. All that to pay the same as you would have done a few months ago before they whacked the prices up.

Just seen a video on Facebook from Tesco in Bursledon this morning, carnage. Poeple ripping stuff off the walls, arguing over kettles and (my favourite bit) some big mush with a trendy beard eventually ripping a Blaupunkt TV off a pair of Doris' half his size after a proper struggle.

Seriously, some right old weirdos out there. All that to pay the same as you would have done a few months ago before they whacked the prices up.

Happened to be in Tesco late last night about half an hour before the midnight opening buying a few bits (non Black Friday related). Couldn't believe the amount of people queuing along the length of the store and the amount of mongtards salivating over some of the 'hidden' deals.

Actually saw some bloke with a big beard who was probably the one you're talking about. Was hanging around like a vulture waiting for the big reveal.

Genuinely felt cleaner as soon as we left (much before the carnarge began).

I got involved :blush:

Nabbed a PS4 online. Now, will the gf notice if I just set it up whilst she is at work and not mention it?

with Driveclub from Tesco Direct?

Think I got the same deal as you....although with a few extra vouchers ended up paying £175:D

I was entirely without the ability to turn that down.

with Driveclub from Tesco Direct?

Think I got the same deal as you....although with a few extra vouchers ended up paying £175:D

I was entirely without the ability to turn that down.

Nah, I went Amazon. £299 with Last of Us & Little Big Planet.

Not that big into racing games to be honest (I'm useless at them), unless they are Mario/Sonic style kart racers.

Just bought this TV http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/televisions/plasma-and-lcd-tvs/lg-55ub950v-1255901/review

Got it for £700, which was a pretty good deal. Place was pretty busy but no fighting or madness. Have a business account with them so we pretty much just went round and took the product codes of what we wanted and someone went and got the stuff from the warehouse. Some people were in a bit of a panic there though. Seems low value stuff cause the most chaos e.g. £40 items for £20 cause a bun fight.

Just bought this TV http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/televisions/plasma-and-lcd-tvs/lg-55ub950v-1255901/review

Got it for £700, which was a pretty good deal. Place was pretty busy but no fighting or madness. Have a business account with them so we pretty much just went round and took the product codes of what we wanted and someone went and got the stuff from the warehouse. Some people were in a bit of a panic there though. Seems low value stuff cause the most chaos e.g. £40 items for £20 cause a bun fight.

700 quid for a telly with 'below average contrast' and 'dimming sometimes clumsy'. You have checked it does colour pictures, yes?

700 quid for a telly with 'below average contrast' and 'dimming sometimes clumsy'. You have checked it does colour pictures, yes?

You did notice that the review was from an article called top 10 tv's of 2014 didn't you? The average is the other 9 best tv's of 2014. Plus its a smart tv, so I'll obviously be using it when I work from home..... Tax deductible innit.

As a student, I raided the amazon Black Friday sale...

First stop was Ink cartridges which were at the time cheap as chips.

Next as my housemates are determined to have a "family" christmas thing, i got their presents, as i strongly dislike them, getting them for 75% off was a bonus! So no complaints from me this year!

I always thought 'Black Friday' was the name the Police gave to the last working Friday before Christmas when most people go out to celebrate time off work. This recent phenomenon is a gross American export. Incredibly annoying that we always seem to copy the more vulgar things the USA has to offer. :blush:

Life is so shallow for most now that shopping is their main interest. A sad reflection and so dull. Although seeing a few scumbags fighting and getting worked up over a cheap TV has comedy value.

Now I am getting emails about Black Friday extended over weekend ie you have a fckin sale on - I get it,

Life is so shallow for most now that shopping is their main interest. A sad reflection and so dull. Although seeing a few scumbags fighting and getting worked up over a cheap TV has comedy value.

Now I am getting emails about Black Friday extended over weekend ie you have a fckin sale on - I get it,

Watch you don't fall and hurt yourself when you get down off your pedestal.

I partook in the sales, but only Amazon wise. Got an electric toothbrush with Bluetooth and an app? Bizarre.

Watch you don't fall and hurt yourself when you get down off your pedestal.

I partook in the sales, but only Amazon wise. Got an electric toothbrush with Bluetooth and an app? Bizarre.

Pleased for you and thanks for sharing. Happy holidays

Pleased for you and thanks for sharing. Happy holidays

Happy f***ing holidays there alone is one statement that ****es me off. It got so bad that UK companies have to put that God awful statement on Xmas card so not to bloody upset other religions at Xmas. Not even allowed to mention Xmas at Xmas. It's beggars belief.

Happy f***ing holidays there alone is one statement that ****es me off. It got so bad that UK companies have to put that God awful statement on Xmas card so not to bloody upset other religions at Xmas. Not even allowed to mention Xmas at Xmas. It's beggars belief.

You do realise other religions exist, right? And that there is no shortage of Christmas cards which mention Christmas.