Info needed on Philippines, calling Philippine_saint!

Marsdinho

Hi, thinking about going to the Philippines in Feb/March 2015 and wanted to know if anyone has any good info?

looking at a 2 week stay, with one week in a place that has loads to do (bars, activities, etc) and one week in a quiet place where there's fcck all.

Heard good and bad things about Boracay, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions, just me and the Mrs, no kids!

cheers!

Firstly, don't plan to stay in Manila, not a great city and not much to do other than shopping malls. As to the place with loads to do, then Boracay is pretty much the only place that fits the bill.

Lots more choices for the second week, s has already been suggested Palawan and in my view the northern part Coron is very nice, although mainly fairly remote resorts, but I would recommend you go to Alona Beach on Panglao island. Nice beach, quite a few bars and restaurants with a nice atmosphere. As previously recommended learn to dive, one of the cheapest places in the world and the diving is spectacular, Balicasig Island near Alona beach was awesome. PM me if you need any info

• 2 weeks later...

Alona beach is much quieter than Boracay and just as nice! You could check out Camotes island near Cebu as that's nice too. You can go whale shark swimming at Oslob on Cebu island also. I am in Cebu in Jan 15 for Sinulog which should be fun!