Rasiak to Watford

Master Bates

Fairly inevitable I guess but for Watford to have more cash to splash than us you realise just how far we have fallen. If John goes (he has been told he can go if a club matches his wages) we will be very lightweight upfront.

Fairly inevitable I guess but for Watford to have more cash to splash than us you realise just how far we have fallen. If John goes (he has been told he can go if a club matches his wages) we will be very lightweight upfront.

Watford sold a defender recently for £4million

Watford have parachute payments as well and sold Henderson / let Ellington go out on loan, freeing up wages etc...

I expect Greg will go on loan initially, maybe up until Christmas? He should score a few and then we can get a fee for him. A shame, I still think he is a player who has a lot to offer in this league, but definitely makes financial sense.

I'm not so sure John is one of the main candidates for a transfer. He played in the cup and it looks like he's a main part of Jan's plans. With Saga and Rasiak gone (assuming MB is right) I think we've offloaded enough strikers and pretty much only Skacel and Euell are the ones we really want to get rid off.

I'm not so sure John is one of the main candidates for a transfer. He played in the cup and it looks like he's a main part of Jan's plans. With Saga and Rasiak gone (assuming MB is right) I think we've offloaded enough strikers and pretty much only Skacel and Euell are the ones we really want to get rid off.

Agreed. John's hold up play is far superior to Rasiak's and he will therefore be able to contibute a lot more to the team, given the new formation.

Anyone can see we can't afford both Rasiak and John, and if we can hold on to SJ we could do well this season

But pretty sure that the maths is

At least ONE of Skacel, Euell & anyone else. So if we DON'T move those two out we start to have to find the money elsewhere.

We have to choose, think we should all be out there trying to sell JE & RS tbh

If he goes on loan to Watford they wont buy at all. It'll be like the Bolton situation. They'll take him, use him and just give him back at a later date.

I suppose it will get his wages of our books.

Saints will have to keep hold of John though.

We got some cash for the Rasiak loan deal as well, so if that's what Watford are going to do fine with me. We would have him off our books, he'll play matches in the CCC so he'll be in the shop window and we get a bit off cash.

Nah, BUT looks like someone has a link.

ah ha

so you told him as it was rumoured on a thread on here and he posted it as you are an impeccable source and then you posted his posting of your posting

Wonder if he posted the first post of the post chain of posts

:-)

arrghhh

head explodes,

but tbh seems pretty sensible and likely

He's a funny one, Rasiak. For someone who scores so many goals he sure looks like someone who can't. I suspect he's got a bit of an attitude, and he looks like he runs in treacle, half the time. And yet he always seems to pop up with important goals. Like the one he'll get for Watford against us. Still, if we can get good money, I say tata.

ah ha

so you told him as it was rumoured on a thread on here and he posted it as you are an impeccable source and then you posted his posting of your posting

Wonder if he posted the first post of the post chain of posts

:-)

arrghhh

head explodes,

but tbh seems pretty sensible and likely

No conspiracy here, unless Roswell pops up.

Not if his overall season performances secure Watford a promotion spot at our expense.....that would cost us £60m....

a) loan him out, see him score to keep us from promotion and lose £60m.

b) keep him, have to pay £750,000 in wages and go bankrupt.

Well if he does go to Watford on loan at we should be able to negotiate it so he can't play against us in October. Hopefully by then he'll have established himself as the focal point of Watford's signature 'hoof it up to the big man' style and they'll flounder without him handing us an easy victory.

Then by the time December comes Saints will be financially secure after sell outs at every match and Greg can come back, force his way back into the Saints side by February and score a hattrick against Watford at Vicarage Road :)

Well if he does go to Watford on loan at we should be able to negotiate it so he can't play against us in October. Hopefully by then he'll have established himself as the focal point of Watford's signature 'hoof it up to the big man' style and they'll flounder without him handing us an easy victory.

Then by the time December comes Saints will be financially secure after sell outs at every match and Greg can come back, force his way back into the Saints side by February and score a hattrick against Watford at Vicarage Road :)

Plus Saganowski can come back from Denmark, if we keep a good shape in the first half of this season, I am sure the second half of the season will be fairly easy.

it's a bit of a surprise he's joining Watford really if its true as he not exactly going to fit their long ball 'hoof it' style

he may move about a bit - but he's slow doing it and he's not exactly dominant in the air either is he - or aggressive enough to lead their line

although immobile I would have thought John would have suited their style better (although I still expect him to end up at Stoke or Hull on loan once they realise they can't sign anyone else)

then again he's not great in the air either!

He is signing on loan for Watford. My brother works for them and is down here sorting it out. We will get a loan fee and of course they will cover his wages, option to buy when loan is finished.

Does this mean he will be unable to play against us during his loan period?

Great, let's give all our decent strikers away for nothing, especially as McG will be flogged at xmas if he keeps up his goal run.

F**king joke. Lowe isnt the slightest bit interested in keeping the team going, just so long as the figures balance.

T**t.

FFS Alpine calm down - Rasiak has not played for us properly for over 18 months..

Great, let's give all our decent strikers away for nothing, especially as McG will be flogged at xmas if he keeps up his goal run.

F**king joke. Lowe isnt the slightest bit interested in keeping the team going, just so long as the figures balance.

T**t.

I think that rant is slightly over the top.

Rasiak has hardly played for us in the last year and in the present financial climate it seems a good deal to me.

Rasiak leaving would probably be the least surprising development of the summer - we just can't afford him I'm sorry to say . With Saganowski and Rasiak gone (if true) it should go without saying that Stern John must now stay unless replaced by a proven CCC quality striker .

David McGoldrick has made a very promising start to the season but IMO we cannot prudently rely on him or BWP to score enough goals to keep us up this season .

T**t.

The **** is you..

I've never knocked Rasiak, nobody can argue with his score ratio?

But his heart isn’t at the club, and his ££ is another issue which IS important..

If he had passion and desirer to play for Southampton then maybe I'd agree with what you said, but until he shows that he'd like to stay, then selling him is the best option for both sides.

The **** is you..

I've never knocked Rasiak, nobody can argue with his score ratio?

But his heart isn’t at the club, and his ££ is another issue which IS important..

If he had passion and desirer to play for Southampton then maybe I'd agree with what you said, but until he shows that he'd like to stay, then selling him is the best option for both sides.

Do you know him then? another poster making assumptions about a players desire to play for Saints or leave? he might love it at Saints and want to stay or might have been frozen out to balance the books and cut the wage bill.

If he does go i'd say good luck to him. I will never forget his late goal at Derby in the play off semi. Saints probably don't have another player on their books who could have scored that goal on the night.

T**t.

So you understand this part, this is the reason we have to unload him. As for Mcgoaldrick being sold at xmas if he keeps his scoring going you really are talking sh1te again.

Do you know him then? another poster making assumptions about a players desire to play for Saints or leave? he might love it at Saints and want to stay or might have been frozen out to balance the books and cut the wage bill.

If he does go i'd say good luck to him. I will never forget his late goal at Derby in the play off semi. Saints probably don't have another player on their books who could have scored that goal on the night.

Stern John.