Poortvliet expects Dyer to stay

Weston Saint

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/7560885.stm

Southampton head coach Jan Poortvliet has denied Nathan Dyer could be on his way out of St Mary's.

The winger recently signed a new three-year contract but was rumoured to be attracting interest from Celtic.

The 20-year-old has been named as a substitute twice this season but Poortvliet said he is in his plans.

"I came here with the mission to build a young, strong team for the future and I think Nathan belongs to the team," he told BBC Radio Solent.

Logic would dictate that this reported "interest" is complete ********.

Why would anyone be pursuing him now, given that less than 6 weeks ago they could have got him for a relative pittance through a tribunal? Given that John Bostock, a 16-year-old with the likely potential to play for the full England side, something I suspect Dyer hasn't got, was only valued at £700k by the tribunal panel, we'd have been lucky to get £500k for Dyer.

Why would anyone be pursuing him now, given that less than 6 weeks ago they could have got him for a relative pittance through a tribunal? Given that John Bostock, a 16-year-old with the likely potential to play for the full England side, something I suspect Dyer hasn't got, was only valued at £700k by the tribunal panel, we'd have been lucky to get £500k for Dyer.

Maybe its Strachan's way of a thank you and a helping hand to help us out the mire.

Word.

I wouldn't be overly concerned about Celtic's reported interest, to be honest.

Maybe its Strachan's way of a thank you and a helping hand to help us out the mire.

Well, he did seem to "give" his old mate Mark McGhee a million or so quid for Adam Virgo when both were at Brighton a couple of years back. Virgo barely got a game and has now shuffled back to Brighton.

Go on Gordon, give us a slice of that Champions League dough that Rangers generously gave you by ****ing it all up last week :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/7560885.stm

Southampton head coach Jan Poortvliet has denied Nathan Dyer could be on his way out of St Mary's.

The winger recently signed a new three-year contract but was rumoured to be attracting interest from Celtic.

The 20-year-old has been named as a substitute twice this season but Poortvliet said he is in his plans.

"I came here with the mission to build a young, strong team for the future and I think Nathan belongs to the team," he told BBC Radio Solent.

Wow, one player whose balls have dropped that isnt transfer-listed...

Bit of a strange story. I'm not sure anyone took the Celtic speculation seriously and as with all the other 'senior' players, Dyer has to earn his place in the 1st team.

Also, why on earth would Celtic only want to make a play for him now when they could have had him for next to nothing when he was out of contract. He would cost 3-4 times more now than any tribunal would have offered before he signed a new deal. None of it makes any sense at all in that respect.