Nickname: The Saints
Founded: 1885
Home Kit: Red & white striped shirt, black shorts, red and white hooped socks
Away Kit: Grey shirt, shorts and socks. All with red and white piping
Rivals: Portsmouth
Minor Rivals: Bournemouth
Affiliations: Eastleigh, Exeter City, Quingdao Zhongneng
Legends: Matthew Le Tissier, Gordan Strachan, Lawrie McMenemy
Icons: Kevin Keegan, Michael Svensson, Glenn Co.ckerill, Mark Dennis, Nick Holmes, Tim Flowers, Wayne Bridge, Dave Jones, Peter Shilton, Kevin Moore, Mick Mills, Rod Wallace, Chris Marsden, Claus Lundekvam, Alan Shearer, Chris Nicholl, Jason Dodd, Francis Benali,Anti Niemi,Mark Wright,Marian Pahars, Jimmy Case
Favoured Personnel: Andrew Surman, Matthew Oakley, Chris Baird, James Beattie, Gareth Bale, Theo Walcott
Disliked Staff: Harry Redknapp, Milan Mandaric
League: English Championship
Media Prediction: 19th
Team Captain: Michael Svensson
Vice Captain: Chris Perry

Finances

Estimated Value: £14.75m
Loan Debt: £19m (£190k/per month untill 2025)
Balance: £2m
Transfer Budget: £0
Remaining Wage Budget: £0 p/w

Stadium and Training

Ground: St. Mary’s, Southampton
Capacity: 32,689
Expansion Capacity: 54,000
Season Ticket Holders: 9,500
Average Ticket Price: £26
Average Season Ticket Price: £470
Training ground: Staplewood
Training Facilities: Top Training Facilities
Youth Facilities: Excellent Youth Facilities + Youth Academy

Staff

Chairman: Rupert Lowe
Director: Michael Wilde
Director: Andrew Cowen
Director: David Jones

Head Coach: Jan Poortvliet
Assistant Manager: Mark Wotte
Coach: Dave Hockaday
Goalkeeper Coach: Macolm Webster
Fitness Coach: Nick Harvey
Youth Coach: Stewart Henderson
Youth Coach: Matthew Crocker
Youth Coach: Terry Moore
Youth Coach: David Puckett
Physio: Mo Gimpel
Physio: Andy Barr
Physio: Chris Lovegrove
Scout: Gavin Tait
Scout: Scott McLachlan

Squad Analysis

Jan Poortvliet's Formation

Goalkeeper

Right Back Centre Back Centre Back Left Back

Central Midfield Central Midfield

Right Wing Attacking Midfield Left Wing

Striker

Poortvliet is a former Dutch international and played for the Netherlands in the 1978 World Cup final against Argentina. He likes to play "total football" in a 4231 formation. High tempo, quick passing football is the name of the game. Utilizing the full width of the pitch with wingers and attacking full backs. The two central midfielders are there to sit in front of the back four and break up attacks and start them for Saints. The front four positions all interchange throughout the game and the emphasis is very much on youth with good pace and movement.

Goalkeepers

Current number one keeper is Kelvin Davis with two young keepers; Polish under 21 international Bartosz Bialkowski and summer purchase from Tottenham Hotspur Tommy Forecast battling it out for the number two spot.

Youngster to watch = Andrej Pernecky

Left Backs

Andrew Surman is the current incumbent of this postion in the Southampton side although naturally a midfield player Jan Poortvliet likes his fullbacks make forward runs and start moves. Rudolph Skacel has also played much of his career in forward positions but is also able to cover at left back.

Youngster to watch = Joseph Mills

http://images.newsquest.co.uk/image.php?id=765611&type=full
Andrew Surman

Right Backs

Academy graduate Lloyd James has converted from his normal central midfield position to establish himself as the clubs first choice right back. England under 19 captain Jack Cork on loan from Chelsea can also cover for this position.

Youngster to watch = Jamie Hatch

Centre Backs

After nearly four years without regular football due to a very serious knee injury, Michael Svensson has been made club captain. He is a natural leader and his determination to succeed in matches and return to the sport is reflected in his nickname “Killer”. Veteran Chris Perry also adds some much needed experience in a very young squad. Chelsea loanee Jack Cork and Wayne Thomas provide cover.

Youngsters to watch = Oliver Lancashire and Aaran Racine

Central Midfielders

Possible signing of the season was French youth international Morgan Schneiderlin comfortable on the ball he like to sit in front of the defense and break out quickly. His central midfield partner is terrier like Simon Gillett who covers every blade of grass to break down opposition attacks and start his own. Providing cover is experienced former Plymouth Argyle captain Paul Wotton and much derided Anthony Pulis.

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/eurosport/20080628/25/b471cb2803578cd7c5ac17aa4039012a.jpg
Morgan Schneiderlin

Left Wingers

Summer free transfer signing Lee Holmes has started to reinvigorate his career which had stalled at Derby County and has claimed the left wing role. Experieced Rudolph Skacel and Andrew Surman can also play in this role but are needed in the left back slot.

Youngster to watch = Jamie White

Right Wingers

There is a lot of competition for this place in the Saints team. Nathan Dyer and his explosive speed can be a very useful asset. Strikers Bradley Wright-Phillips and David McGoldrick can also be used in this role and interchange with the other attacking positions.

Youngster to watch = Jake Thomson

http://www.thefa.com/NR/rdonlyres/1A4D5F1A-88FA-469E-855D-D74866FF3103/82149/JakeThompson_L.jpg
Jake Thomson

Attacking Midfielders

Adam Lallana broke into the first team and the end of last season and has since made the position just off the striker his own. A naturally gifted player he has excellent technique both in distributing the ball and running at defenders. Romain Gasmi on loan from RC Strasborg was once dubbed “the next Zidane” by coach Jean Pierre-Papin and is there to provide competition for this position. David McGoldrick can also cover for this position if needed.

Strikers

Last seasons top scorer Stern John would be the obvious choice for the strikers role. However academy graduate David McGoldrick or loanee from Tottenham Thomas Pekhart may suit the style better. Bradley Wright-Phillips is also a possibility for a starting role in this postion.

Youngster to watch = Matthew Paterson

My tips for success with Southampton

Give Poortvliet's 4231 formation a try. The players in the squad suit it.
Due to lack of finance make good use of the young players already at the club from the strong youth academy.
Try to loan quality young players from the Premiership in problem positions such as the full back area.
Make a 2/3 year plan for a promotion push, it will be hard to do in the first year.

Saint_clark
22-11-2008, 11:08 AM
Why is Shearer rated as a Southampton "icon" and yet Channon is not on there at all?
Dodgy research if you ask me ;)

Matthew Le God
22-11-2008, 11:11 AM
Why is Shearer rated as a Southampton "icon" and yet Channon is not on there at all?
Dodgy research if you ask me ;)

Because Channon is not in the database as he is unlikely to ever be involved in football again.

Saint_clark
22-11-2008, 01:33 PM
Because Channon is not in the database as he is unlikely to ever be involved in football again.

On the older ones it didn't matter if they weren't involved in football, their names were still listed. There was just no link when you clicked their names.

Matthew Le God
22-11-2008, 01:35 PM
On the older ones it didn't matter if they weren't involved in football, their names were still listed. There was just no link when you clicked their names.

They were still in the games database even if no link.

saint_stevo
23-11-2008, 10:59 AM
Promoted, season 1. Just won the play-offs!

SuperMikey
23-11-2008, 11:53 AM
Mick Channon was in the FM08 database as a coach, so why is he not in the FM09 database?

RedArmy
23-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Only just got it yesterday.

Got into the top 6 at the start of November beating Shef Utd and Palarse 4-0 and 5-0.

Now lost 3 in a row and slipped to 11th.

Only 1 player out, Skacel to Palace for £1.7m.

Got Chopra on loan, but he was pants and then got injured so I sent him back. Ditto with Craig Beattie.
Signed Fabio on loan, and picked Gerard up on a free.

Playing a 4-1-3-2/4-1-2-1-2

Back 4 of Fabio Lanc Killer Cork
Schneiderlin in DM
Surman LM Lallana CM/AM Dyer RM
Rotating BWP, John, Pekhart and DMG upfront.

Cork is the best player in the league with a rating of 7.35
Dyer and Surman lead the league in assists with 8 each
BWP and Stern John both on 8 goals. Lallana and MS on 4 each.

Played 20 W9 D1 L10.

saint_stevo
23-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Sign Mifsud

Andy_Porter
24-11-2008, 11:59 AM
Just started a new game since I had to reformat my machine, hoping it will run a bit better now.

Going to go with Southampton again and try to build a team around the youngsters with a few old heads in for experience. Glad to see some of you have gained promotion in season one, gives me some hope.

Crouchie's Lawyer
24-11-2008, 01:59 PM
God damn it you f*ckers. I really wanna buy this game but it would be a relationship killer and my Mrs is not happy with me already at the moment!

So tempted...

Andy_Porter
24-11-2008, 02:01 PM
It's not that good . . .

Andy_Porter
24-11-2008, 08:09 PM
I think i've done a bit too much wheeling and dealing, my team is having trouble gelling atm.

I've bought in Chopa, Daryl Murphy, Zeefuik, Sanmaertan, Insua, Lequi, Martis, Ljundberg, Jourdren and Binya. To finance them all I had to sell John, Euell, Forecast, Bialkowski, BWP, Dyer, Thomas and Skacel.

Playing a pretty simple 4-4-2 at the moment:

McGoldrick/Chopra Zeefuik/Murphy
Holmes/Ljundberg Surman/Lallana Schneiderlin/Binya Sanmaetean/Thomson
Insua/Surman Martis/Lancashire Lequi/Svensson Cork/James
Davis/Jourdren

Bold are the starting XI.

saintsforlife7
24-11-2008, 10:12 PM
Still way too many injuries for me, Lallana been out for 5 months, Borges for 2 months, Binya for 2 months, all in the same game!
Sold everybody except Morgan and Lallana now, Ian walker on loan in goal, wegh at rb is very solid, and loads of Dutch second division players for my 4-1-1-3-1 formation but I concede too many

Anybody help with a goalkeeper and sum defenders for next season in Championship?

saint_stevo
24-11-2008, 11:21 PM
Hernani- 170k, solid. Otsemobor, quality.

Crouchie's Lawyer
25-11-2008, 01:21 PM
I took the jump, f*ck the relationship, I should have it by tomorrow!

Does anyone have a list of decent, young affordable players I can buy?

Andy_Porter
25-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Binya
Lewandowski
Lequi

Can get loads of class premiership youngsters on loan as well. Thomson, Cork, Lallana, Gasmi, Holmes, McGoldrick are all pretty good and Schneiderlin is immense.

saint_stevo
25-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Gasmi has been helm for me, always knackered by about 60mins

Crouchie's Lawyer
28-11-2008, 03:24 PM
Im having a sh!tter at the moment. Drew with Swansea. Lost 2-1 to Birmingham and Coventry. Seem to always go one up and then concede.

Im playing 4 2 3 1 formation. Its gash that Saints wont allow any more than 6 coaches. I released all mine and replaced them but the last ones were fitness coaches and as they were signing they were cancelled as Im only allowed 6 coaches. Have no fitness coaches now.

Rusaldo
28-11-2008, 03:50 PM
ive had a mixed start to my first season, played 10 won 5 drew 1 lost 4 (was at one point played 5 won 4 drew 1 lost 0 top of the leauge!)

only signed dan smith on a free, not a bad lb. and binya who has been a revolation since spiderman broke his leg! blast my luck.

i see to be getting injuries everygame, at one point i had 12 players first team and reserves on the treatment table!

anything i can do to prevent this or is it just bad luck?

Tac-tics
29-11-2008, 01:08 PM
Having a real good start soo far.
Jamie White is superb 6 in 5 games, scored in all games.

SuperSAINT
01-12-2008, 03:37 PM
ive had a mixed start to my first season, played 10 won 5 drew 1 lost 4 (was at one point played 5 won 4 drew 1 lost 0 top of the leauge!)

only signed dan smith on a free, not a bad lb. and binya who has been a revolation since spiderman broke his leg! blast my luck.

i see to be getting injuries everygame, at one point i had 12 players first team and reserves on the treatment table!

anything i can do to prevent this or is it just bad luck?

Have you patched it, mate? Apparently there is an injury glitch that you need get's sorted by patching the game.

Ed Rooney
01-12-2008, 07:42 PM
Gonna sound silly but i cant get the 3D match working even though ticked it on preferences, anyone else having this problem

J Bizzle
04-12-2008, 11:00 PM
your PC may not be powerful enough.

I am in the process of building a quality team, lallana and schneiderlin worth over £5,000,000. took two years to get promoted, and am now in jan in my first prem season getting beaten nearly every game and bottom of the table, but have some quality youngsters. Some of the regens i have 'poached' are unbelieveable. picked one up at teh end of the first season. 16 year old CB, went straight into the team and is now a good signing for aby prem side at teh age of 18.

now, the ultimate capture. Henry Saivet on an end of contract, will be paying him £16,000 a week, but will be worth it.

Niemster
09-12-2008, 04:23 AM
right can anyone lend a hand i have worked my way to January 09 with Pisa in the Serie B but the game keeps crashing and i cant get past January didnt happen with my other two saints files just this one. Error message just says 'Game encountered a serious error and needs to close' then links me to a file called 'crash dumps' where it shows i presume the 3 previous crashes? i cant open them as i dont know what program to use. any ideas?

adriansfc
10-12-2008, 11:48 AM
I have formed a striker partnership of Lewandowski and Saganowksi since January. It's end of March and they have 10 goals and 11 goals respectively. So Polish is the way to go.

My best central midfield strangely is Lallana and Lloyd James, who has a rating of 7.52 and has scored 6 goals, all from about 25 yards! Tacchinardi was doing well until his third sending off so he's a firm sub now. Surman is at left back, Skacel sold, Svensson somehow playing every game!

mehball
10-12-2008, 12:45 PM
Mick Channon was in the FM08 database as a coach, so why is he not in the FM09 database?

Ask the makers of the maybe??

adriansfc
12-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Finished 10th. Good end to the season. Needs changes though. Had White, Gobern Rancine and a few others playing awesome for TNS all season.

Lewandowski wasn't great in the end. 12 in 24, and rating of 6.94. Considering he hit 4 in one game, overall not great. Saga though, 19 goals despite not coming back until January. I'd take that in reality.

saintsforlife7
17-12-2008, 09:54 AM
Finished my second Prem season(4th overall) in 7th and made Uefa cup after a run of about 10 wins in a row near the end of the season, beating Man utd and Arsenal 2-0 and 2-2 with Liverpool. Now have 17mil to spend. Rupert sold Morgan to Chelsea for a total fee of 23.5mil but only 4.1 up front!

My team at end of the season

Parmentier(regen)
Miguel Leo Bikey Forster
--------Binya---------
Pfeffer(regen)---------Muller(regen)
------ Coutinho ------
---- Saivet Lewandowski ----

Northernsaint
17-12-2008, 11:34 AM
I have just finished my first championship season and came second behind Reading.

I sold BWP, Thomas, got rid of Pekhart and brought in Sander Westerveld (Free), Ricardo Rocha on Loan, Chopra on Loan and also got Seyfo Soley and Sanmartaen on a Free.

Generally played 4-1-3-2

Starting line up

Westerveld

Rocha/James--------Lancashire------------Perry----------------Surman/Mills

Schneiderlin(Gillett)

Dyer/Thomson---------Lallana/McGoldrick--------------Gasmi/Skacel

---------------John/Saganowski (after Jan)------------------------Chopra/White

Subs Gillett,Davis, Svensson, Wotton, Soley.

Got 2.5 m to spend in the prem for 09/10 season. not sure how well i will do as a lot of my players have left.

Cant believe nobody has mentioned Westerveld he was legendary for me and was runner up in signing of the season. Also Scheiderlin was very good DM he also been touted as the next Michel Platini ha ha ha

Northernsaint
17-12-2008, 11:35 AM
I have just finished my first championship season and came second behind Reading.

I sold BWP, Thomas, got rid of Pekhart and brought in Sander Westerveld (Free), Ricardo Rocha on Loan, Chopra on Loan and also got Seyfo Soley and Sanmartaen on a Free.

Generally played 4-1-3-2

Starting line up

Westerveld

Schneiderlin(Gillett)

Got 2.5 m to spend in the prem for 09/10 season. not sure how well i will do as a lot of my players have left.

Cant believe nobody has mentioned Westerveld he was legendary for me and was runner up in signing of the season. Also Schneiderlin was very good DM he also been touted as the next Michel Platini ha ha ha

Northernsaint
17-12-2008, 11:37 AM

Generally played 4-1-3-2

Starting line up

Westerveld

Schneiderlin(Gillett)

Cant believe nobody has mentioned Westerveld he was legendary for me and was runner up in signing of the season. Also Schneiderlin was very good DM he also been touted as the next Michel Platini ha ha hahttp://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif

Best players for the season were Surman Schneiderlin Lallana McGoldrick and Chopra. I scored 104 conceded 69 so it was definitely a Kevin Keegan Esque season

saint_stevo
19-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Ask for more money in January in the prem and they give you between 3 and 4 million

i just bought Edu and he is legendary in CM, only cost 700k!

Kaiser Soze
25-12-2008, 06:59 PM
I got FM09 for Chrimbo but can't install it due to "Failed to set-up Graphics system". Any ideas???

Cheers in advance.

Kier
27-12-2008, 02:22 PM
Hey, I've been using the tactics shown in this thread, and doing rather crap at the moment. 11 games played, 5 drawn and 6 lost with 0 wins.

Does anyone have any ideas for players to buy? Cheaper the better (Well free tbh) as I'm currently 23rd with 5 points.

Cheers.

J Bizzle
27-12-2008, 05:14 PM
ugur yildirim, lucien sanmartean, sefo soley, stephen carr, insua(loan), Daryl murphy(loan), Beevers 1.5 mill, lambo, vesterveld, there are loads of good players out there, just look around you lazy *****

Kier
27-12-2008, 07:43 PM
ugur yildirim, lucien sanmartean, sefo soley, stephen carr, insua(loan), Daryl murphy(loan), Beevers 1.5 mill, lambo, vesterveld, there are loads of good players out there, just look around you lazy *****

Wow, great way to great a new member eh?

Thanks for the list though ;)

saint_stevo
27-12-2008, 10:20 PM
Get Chopra and or Carlton Cole on Loan.

Fabio from utd

Play Wotton DM and Schneiderlin ahead of him at CM.

Sign Hernani as a CB-170k

dan217
28-12-2008, 12:25 AM
First season fineshed 6th losing in play-offs on penalties. Carlton Cole and McGoldrick formed an amazing partnership. Smertin is a good signing as well.

Sfc90
28-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Got this for christmas and just started a season with saints. Currently played 2 and won 2. Beat Palace at home 1-0 and Charlton away 1-0.

Couldn't find that Sanmaertan bloke anywhere, when i searched it was only giving me a spanish player called Josemi or something. Anyway... I have signed,

Insua,
Rodrigo possebon(Utd)
Thomas Graveson on a free
Lewis Buxton from Stoke at CB
Randall and Merida from Arsenal
Koki Mizuno from Celtic
Heidar Helguson and David Connolly (Both currently injured)
and John Otsemobor

Playing a 4-3-1-2 Formation at the moment and seems to be working quite well, only lost 1 of my five or so friendlies and unbeaten in the league.

------------------------------K. Davis------------------------------

J.Otsemobor-------L.Buxton-------------J.Cork--------------J.Mills

----------------Possebon----Graveson-------Randall--------------

-------------------------------Merida-------------------------------

----------------------S.John------------D.Mcgoldrick------------

Anyone got any tips?

saint_stevo
28-12-2008, 04:47 PM
I shall say it again, Chopra on Loan

Sfc90
28-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Yer i've tried a couple of times mate, just says can't afford to let him go on loan due to first team commiments

saint_stevo
28-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Carlton Cole?

DMG right wig is pretty schweet 2

Kier
28-12-2008, 08:40 PM
I shall say it again, Chopra on Loan

Was a great player to sign. Already making a different. Fabio is also making a great difference, scored a couple of goals when needed.

Got a few others on loan as well:

Lewis Buxton
Glauber (Not had a chance to play him yet)
Possebon

I'll add more about them in a bit.

Sfc90
28-12-2008, 08:55 PM
Was a great player to sign. Already making a different. Fabio is also making a great difference, scored a couple of goals when needed.

Got a few others on loan as well:

Lewis Buxton
Glauber (Not had a chance to play him yet)
Possebon

I'll add more about them in a bit.

How is everyone getting chopra and fabio, i cant get them at all.

Lewis Buxton and possebon have been great.

Played three games in the league and kept three clean sheets, winning two 1-0 and one 0-0.

Kier
28-12-2008, 09:14 PM
I got them both as soon as I started the season.

saint_stevo
29-12-2008, 12:42 PM
Seriously, get Hernani, amazing Championship defender, all for 150k

Kaiser Soze
01-01-2009, 07:24 PM
The stream thing is doing my head in and keeps causing my PC to crash. Anyway I can play the game without having to go through this sh1tty application?

The whole thing clams up from time to time after I use the Shift + Tab to get rid of the annoying icon in the bottom right.

Please don't tell me to re-install as I'm doing quite well with Saints and can't be fooked to start all over again.

Matthew Le God
18-01-2009, 01:35 PM
I'm going to have to make Saints even worse than there are currently in the game for the January transfer window update :(

Papa Shango
18-01-2009, 09:22 PM
I'm not managing Saints but I looked up Jan-Paul Saeijs and he looks like a pretty good Championship level defender. **** physical stats though.

labibs
19-01-2009, 09:29 AM
Caved in and started this at the wkd. Was really struggling with Saints, but a 2-0 win over Reading saw me win 6 in a row and I'm now in the play-offs, coming up to the end of December. Tried for Chopra / Cole on loan, but the clubs aren't having any of it. Lewandoski won't join me either, regardless of wages.

I picked up Matej Rapnik from Hearts for around 100k, he's quality. 18 yr old Slovenian left back. Koki Mizuno from Celtic (20k!) is also doing the business. DMG is doing okay up top, but I could do with a decent front man. Do I have to sell Saganowski if they take up the option to buy?

Thedelldays
19-01-2009, 09:35 AM
just started a game with saints and in my firs 8 games have won 6 and drawn 2...

-------------------kelvin

cork------rapnik(sp)----killer----surman

-----binya----morgan-----mule

-----stern----yildirim----obnik(sp)

medium mentality, low creative freedom..
few click right of middle on the wide selection
quick mentality (not full)
direct play (not full)
tight marking
counter attack
deep defensive line (not full)

attacking formation with morgan (forward runs medium) holding..work well with any team...the letf and right strikers tend to get wide with running with the ball alot which frees up space in the middle for euell, binya(forward runs often) and wildirim....if the full backs get forward (forward runs medium) then the wide forwards tuck in..

like I said..works on any team

the 3 strikers have closing down - all pitch

Thedelldays
19-01-2009, 10:32 AM
where is the editor on this game..?

edit...found it

Niemster
19-01-2009, 12:14 PM
I find saga never leaves if Aalborg do try and buy him so i wouldnt worry, plus the fee is good anyway if he does go.

Thedelldays
19-01-2009, 11:03 PM
i can confirm the 'Tumma' skin is the best skin for the game (imo)

Clapham Saint
20-01-2009, 09:32 AM
just started a game with saints and in my firs 8 games have won 6 and drawn 2...

direct play (not full)
tight marking
counter attack

attacking formation with morgan (forward runs medium) holding..work well with any team...the letf and right strikers tend to get wide with running with the ball alot which frees up space in the middle for euell, binya(forward runs often) and wildirim....if the full backs get forward (forward runs medium) then the wide forwards tuck in..

Looks good. Tactics can be a nightmare in this game as one position wrong can throw off everything.

Out of curiosity... did come up with this your self or did you download it? If you downloaded it any chance of letting us know where from?

CS

Thedelldays
20-01-2009, 12:14 PM
Looks good. Tactics can be a nightmare in this game as one position wrong can throw off everything.

Out of curiosity... did come up with this your self or did you download it? If you downloaded it any chance of letting us know where from?

CS

got it from here....one of the 433 tactics..

http://www.sortitoutsi.net/2009/tactics#

Black Sea Saint
20-01-2009, 10:27 PM
Any tips for Goalkeepers? I'm in my second season and Kelvin is in the habit of coming out to pick up an easy ball then not picking it up allowing an opposition striker to run in and put it into an empty net. Has happened a few times this season and it's killing me!! So, I'm after a replacement.

Thedelldays
20-01-2009, 11:21 PM
Any tips for Goalkeepers? I'm in my second season and Kelvin is in the habit of coming out to pick up an easy ball then not picking it up allowing an opposition striker to run in and put it into an empty net. Has happened a few times this season and it's killing me!! So, I'm after a replacement.
leo franco on a free (if you get promoted)

Papa Shango
21-01-2009, 12:32 AM

If you're looking for a cheap option, Silviu Lung jr has done pretty well for me at Hearts. Only cost me 60k when I signed him January in my first season from U Craiova. Definitely one for the future

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/8605/lunggb6.png

Clapham Saint
21-01-2009, 07:01 AM
got it from here....one of the 433 tactics..

http://www.sortitoutsi.net/2009/tactics#

Cheers!:)

SamKimish
21-01-2009, 05:17 PM
I made a facepack for Southampton on Football Manager.

Simply download and place in (My Documents/Football Manager 2009/graphics)

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7890/southamptontffacepacklx0.png (http://www.fmglive.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=39&func=fileinfo&id=1714)

labibs
22-01-2009, 07:50 AM
Just finished my first season, lost to Wolves in the playoff final. Sam Vokes who had scored 2 goals all season popped 4 in and I lost 4-3!

I have a deal lined to sign Zaki, who I imagine would be a beast in the CCC, but I'm worried he won't get a work permit. Is there anything I can do to help his chances of it going through?

Also are the player values a bit strange. Paterson is valued at a £1m and has never played a first team match for me, but DMG who banged in 20 goals last season is only worth £400k? They both have a few years left on their contracts. Just seems a bit strange.

I'm massively hooked on this again, determined to get saints back up to the prem!

Saint In Exile
22-01-2009, 04:29 PM

direct play (not full)
tight marking
counter attack

Which Yildirim is that and where'd you get Obnik from??

Thedelldays
22-01-2009, 04:57 PM
Which Yildirim is that and where'd you get Obnik from??
just cut and paste names from here that people said were good..

SamKimish
26-01-2009, 07:13 PM
A good tip for your first season in charge is to get loads of Prem reserve forwards on loan.

If you tick the call-back early option then you can get away with not paying any of their wages and they will almost always agree to it.

That's how I got Chopra, Connoly, Bendtner etc.

SuperMikey
26-01-2009, 09:15 PM
A good tip for your first season in charge is to get loads of Prem reserve forwards on loan.

If you tick the call-back early option then you can get away with not paying any of their wages and they will almost always agree to it.

That's how I got Chopra, Connoly, Bendtner etc.

You got Bendtner? In what season? :smt104

labibs
27-01-2009, 10:24 AM
Got promoted in the second season, won the CCC on the final day. Not happy to discover that Rupes has only given me £2m with which to try and stay up! Played 2 games away and lost both, but they were away at Villa and Everton, so it's not a disaster. Finding it difficult to get loans in the prem, most sides want you to pay around £1m, just to loan someone! Plus my board maximum on wages is £15k, finding it very hard to attract players who are better than what I have.

Managed to get Wellbeck on a free after he was released by Man Utd, but he has been terrible so far. I know he may need time to bed in, just wondering if anyone else has had him before, is he worth sticking with?

Rusaldo
27-01-2009, 11:27 AM
just finished my first season,

had a pretty average season but managed to survive religation and get rid of alot of the high earners and bringing in quality frees. the rebuild has begun.

10 games into second season im sitting in the top half of the table keeping up with the playoff contenders.

the 3 year plan to get back into the premiership is going to plan.

Saint_clark
28-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Finally got it today :D
It was downloaded through Steam and then downloaded an update on it's own, I assume that was the patch that was released?

Saint_clark
28-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Sold Skacel, Euell and Dyer, put Davis on the transfer list.
Signed Darren Ward, Rapnik, Sam Sodje from Reading, Yildirim and Legwinski on a free.
Got David Connelly coming in on loan.

Black Sea Saint
28-01-2009, 08:12 PM
I've just got promotion, via the play offs, after season two. The prem is really tough.

Current line-up is:

Silvio Lung Jr

J. Mills --- Bostjean Ceasar --- M. Svensson --- J. Hatch

Sneiderlin ---------------- Celso Borges

Willshere ---------- Lallana ------------ Thomson

Daniel Sturridge

I did get Wellbeck on a free too. He has been quite good, making the odd cameo appearance and bagging the odd goal.

Clapham Saint
28-01-2009, 08:40 PM
My main problem at the moment is that I seem to regularly have 12-18 shots a game but only 1-2 of them on target. Is massively frustrating and I have no idea why it is happening.

Any ideas?

Saint_clark
28-01-2009, 08:46 PM
My main problem at the moment is that I seem to regularly have 12-18 shots a game but only 1-2 of them on target. Is massively frustrating and I have no idea why it is happening.

Any ideas?

Sh*t strikers?

Clapham Saint
28-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Sh*t strikers?

Possibly...

3 up front.

McG, BWP, John, Connolly and Helguson rotating.

Tried to get C Cole and Chopra but they turnme down every time.

Saint_clark
28-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Possibly...

3 up front.

McG, BWP, John, Connolly and Helguson rotating.

Tried to get C Cole and Chopra but they turnme down every time.

Same :confused: can't understand what people are doing to get them, i've only managed to get David Connelly.

saint_stevo
28-01-2009, 09:35 PM
i only ever get accepted by Chopra or Cole, signed em both up numerous times for Saints!

6month deal, can be recalled, max wages your budget will allow.

Niemster
28-01-2009, 09:38 PM
no civelli has been signed by ipswich, he is amazing get him for about 350k as well. dammit!

proevosaints
28-01-2009, 10:52 PM
3rd season just started prem, after taking ivory coast to the wc semi's without a goalie!

Davis does good for me as does lloyd james. got some great strikers in the summer. Sold micheal stewart for four million, a four mil profit in a year..so had around 9 mil to spend. Brought roberston, and a few other strikers who are cheap and superb for the prem along with wingers and cb's will list tommorow

Saint_clark
29-01-2009, 12:14 PM
where is the editor on this game..?

edit...found it

Where to?

Saint_clark
30-01-2009, 12:05 AM
I'm going to have to make Saints even worse than there are currently in the game for the January transfer window update :(

Doesn't look like it, we may actually be better!
Do you provide the info for the post-january patch?
If so, make Mclaggon and Gobern a bit better please ;)

Niemster
30-01-2009, 01:02 AM
well gobern a lot better please!

Saint_clark
30-01-2009, 02:14 AM
Surman is very poor for me. Will be very happy when I can offload him at the end of the season.
I like the fact that valuations have come down a bit in this game, makes it a lot more interesting trying to get some funds together.

Matthew Le God
30-01-2009, 10:14 AM
Doesn't look like it, we may actually be better!
Do you provide the info for the post-january patch?
If so, make Mclaggon and Gobern a bit better please ;)

Have already done so.

Also will be giving Saints a 4m overdraft and bigger loan debt than at present and have included 3 or 4 new youth players :)

Saint_clark
31-01-2009, 03:33 AM
Finished the first season with Saints, finished 17th. Happy with that.
McGoldrick and Saga top scorers with 13 each.
Signed Collins John, Jay De Merit, Tom Heaton and Lomano Lua Lua on frees and got Andrew Davies in for just under a million.
Also signed two midfielders, can't remember their names now and Tommy Spurr for around £500k each.
And got Nacer Barazite on loan.

First team looks like this:
-----------Heaton
Sodje - Svensson - De Merit - Spurr
------------ --Balanti (or something)
---------------Barazite
Yildirim----------------------Thomson
---------Saganowski----John

Subs: Bialkowski, Davies, Salarim(?), McGoldrick, Lua Lua.
Also got Dyer, Mills, James all pushing the first team.

Matthew Le God
31-01-2009, 07:26 AM
Why have you sold Morgan and Adam? :o

Or was it Lowe?

Saint_clark
31-01-2009, 09:16 AM
Schneiderlin wanted to leave so i've loaned him out for the season (hopefully he'll want to stay when he comes back) and Lallana is out on loan as well.

Saint_clark
31-01-2009, 09:16 AM
I sold Surman though, he was sh*t, and £1.5 million was too good to turn down.

saint_stevo
31-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Finished the first season with Saints, finished 17th. Happy with that.
McGoldrick and Saga top scorers with 13 each.
Signed Collins John, Jay De Merit, Tom Heaton and Lomano Lua Lua on frees and got Andrew Davies in for just under a million.
Also signed two midfielders, can't remember their names now and Tommy Spurr for around £500k each.
And got Nacer Barazite on loan.

First team looks like this:
-----------Heaton
Sodje - Svensson - De Merit - Spurr
------------ --Balanti (or something)
---------------Barazite
Yildirim----------------------Thomson
---------Saganowski----John

Subs: Bialkowski, Davies, Salarim(?), McGoldrick, Lua Lua.
Also got Dyer, Mills, James all pushing the first team.

Happy with 17th?!

mate, that sucks

Saint_clark
31-01-2009, 06:47 PM
Happy with 17th?!

mate, that sucks

Keep in mind that I didn't have Hernani ;)
I was aiming from the start of the season just to avoid relegation. Besides, I had no idea what tactics to use as I couldn't be bothered to look at every players stats at the time.

SuperMikey
31-01-2009, 09:27 PM
Just started my first season with Saints, currently 14th in the table, which ain't too bad. Be pushing for play-offs hopefully at the end of the season, but that's a distant dream. Managed to get a decent amount of money to spend after flogging some players, which also brought down the wage bill considerably.

OUTS
Stern John - £250,000 (Nurnberg)
Jason Euell - £20,000 (Sheffield Wednesday)
Rudi Skacel - £1.7m (Crystal Palace)

INS
Lamine Diatta - Free
Jordy Deckers - Loan until End of Season (AZ)
Koki Mizuno - £50,000 (Celtic)
Emiliano Insua - Loan until End of Season (Liverpool)
Daryl Murphy - Loan until End of Season (Sunderland)
Stanton Lewis - Loan until End of Season (Ajax)
Shelton Martis - £30,000 (West Brom)
Montesin - £160,000 (Umm-Salal)
Binya - £190,000 (Benfica)

Line up:

---------Davis/Deckers---------
Martis--Diatta--Svensson--Insua
--Cork/Morgan--Surman/Binya---
Mizuno-----------------Montesin
--------Lewis--BWP-------------

Subs: Davis/Deckers, James, Thomas, Gillett, Dyer, Lallana, DMG

Central mid has become a tough position to pick players for! But will be easier once Cork's loan expires. Stanton Lewis is a bit hit and miss, but he scored 9 goals in his first pre-season friendlies against Oldham and Eastleigh, and he's scored 9 so far this season in the league. Got Kenny Cooper coming for £800,000 in January who should hopefully score lots of goals, and also putting in a bid for Hernani, letting Svensson go for free at the end of the season because he's a bit slow and prone to making mistakes at the back. Any more tips apart from who i've already signed?

saint_stevo
01-02-2009, 12:32 AM
Keep in mind that I didn't have Hernani ;)
I was aiming from the start of the season just to avoid relegation. Besides, I had no idea what tactics to use as I couldn't be bothered to look at every players stats at the time.

Still sucks.

Get Chopra in, go high tempo and watch the goals flood in!

Saint_clark
01-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Still sucks.

Get Chopra in, go high tempo and watch the goals flood in!

Already told you that Sunderland would never let me take Chopra, no matter how many different ways I tweaked the clauses/wage contribution etc.

Matthew Le God
01-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Some people in this thread are selling players very cheap and also not playing and even selling some of the better Saints players! :D

Thedelldays
01-02-2009, 05:53 PM
who is this hernani...he is not on my game

saint_stevo
01-02-2009, 09:18 PM
who is this hernani...he is not on my game

Amazing defender, can get him for about 190k, plays for a brazillian club or summit i think.

Strange he isn't on your game though

saint_stevo
01-02-2009, 09:19 PM
Already told you that Sunderland would never let me take Chopra, no matter how many different ways I tweaked the clauses/wage contribution etc.

Shame. Carlton Cole? Mifsud? Lita?

All got double figures for me when i have had em

Saint_clark
02-02-2009, 02:41 AM
Amazing defender, can get him for about 190k, plays for a brazillian club or summit i think.

I think he was taken out in the patch. Is he actually Brazilian?

Shame. Carlton Cole? Mifsud? Lita?

All got double figures for me when i have had em

Cole wouldn't come, Mifsud I didn't like the look of (ended up on 8 goals for Coventry) and Lita I never even looked at.
I got Welbeck on loan from january and he got 5, as well as Saga banging them in for fun.

Thedelldays
02-02-2009, 02:54 AM

I use patch 9.2...

use large database and not there when i search his name

Niemster
02-02-2009, 03:00 AM
hernani plays in poland for Korona Kielce and he is awaiting a permit to become polish so i wait til january to pounce but then everyone is onto him.

Saint_clark
02-02-2009, 10:44 PM
What nationality is Hernani?

Andy_Porter
03-02-2009, 07:46 AM
I use patch 9.2...

use large database and not there when i search his name

If you're on 9.2 get Hugo from Desportivo. Beast of a CB.

saintsforlife7
03-02-2009, 08:10 AM
Not on mine, is it just Hugo? Or does he have a second name?

Andy_Porter
03-02-2009, 09:10 AM
Just Hugo. He plays for Desportivo Brasil, I think you need 9.2 and Large DB to find him.

saint_stevo
03-02-2009, 09:47 AM
What nationality is Hernani?

Brazillian, but gets a polish passport

Thedelldays
03-02-2009, 10:01 AM
just loaded my game (9.2) and hugo and hernani are not on there....(with a large data base)

Andy_Porter
03-02-2009, 10:33 AM
That's strange, I think there must just be some players who don't always get loaded.

In my Southampton game I signed Hugo but exactly the same settings patch etc I couldn't find him with my Wigan save.

Andy_Porter
03-02-2009, 11:02 AM
Hamed Diomandé is decent as well TDD. He's only cheap as well, got him for 150k.

Tordoya is another cheap CB who can do a job.

Saint_clark
03-02-2009, 11:57 AM
just loaded my game (9.2) and hugo and hernani are not on there....(with a large data base)

Select Brazil in the drop down menu at the bottom when you start the game. (The "all players from" bit, or whatever it is).

Saint_clark
03-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Started a new game because I got bored.
Signed Graveson, Appiah, Christanval, Yildirim on frees.
Got Hugo, Tordoya, Mascio and Rapnik as suggested on here.
FINALLY managed to get f*cking Carlton Cole on loan.
Also signed Chris Killen from Celtic (needed someone who was tall up front), Ian Walker in goal and Steve Foster at right-back.

Andy_Porter
03-02-2009, 12:04 PM
You can't go wrong with Hugo, Tordoya and Mascio.

Looks like you will have a pretty decent squad, did you have to sell many to get all those?

Saint_clark
03-02-2009, 12:17 PM
You can't go wrong with Hugo, Tordoya and Mascio.

Looks like you will have a pretty decent squad, did you have to sell many to get all those?

Sold Skacel and Surman for £2million each, Davis, Euell, John, Thomas and released Perry.
My trouble is - I haven't got a clue about tactics. I've got a great squad but we'll probably end up 24th due to me not having a clue :(
I'm playing 4-1-3-2, attacking, little creative freedom, direct passing, quick tempo, always closing down and deep defensive line at the moment.
We just lost to Swindon in the league cup. :lol:

Andy_Porter
03-02-2009, 12:24 PM
I'm playing 4-2-3-1 at the moment, any sort of formation with two upfront doesn't seem to work very well for me.

Thedelldays
03-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Select Brazil in the drop down menu at the bottom when you start the game. (The "all players from" bit, or whatever it is).
ah..done that and seen hernani and hugo

will start a new game later and see what happens

Saint_clark
03-02-2009, 02:08 PM
ah..done that and seen hernani and hugo

will start a new game later and see what happens

If you're using 9.2 patch chances are you won't be able to get Hernani anyway. Bloody annoying.

Saint_clark
04-02-2009, 10:16 PM
Graveson scored 11 goals and got 12 assists from CM for me, Chelsea came in with a £2.5 million bid in january, f*cking well happy. Took the money and he got injured within the week.
Stephen Appiah is a decent enough replacement, f'sure.

SuperMikey
04-02-2009, 10:19 PM
Graveson scored 11 goals and got 12 assists from CM for me, Chelsea came in with a £2.5 million bid in january, f*cking well happy. Took the money and he got injured within the week.
Stephen Appiah is a decent enough replacement, f'sure.

How the hell did you get Thomas Gravesen? He never signs for me! :(

Saint_clark
04-02-2009, 10:23 PM
How the hell did you get Thomas Gravesen? He never signs for me! :(

Offer him 9k a week on the very first day of the game.
You have to give him a specific training schedule heavy on Strength training though, otherwise he gets knackered after one half.

Saint_clark
06-02-2009, 12:26 AM
How about a network game like the one we had a while back? Don't do it as the Welsh league again though, so hard getting decent players. Just do it for the Blue Square Premier and upwards (everyone starting in the BSP obviously).

Thedelldays
06-02-2009, 08:39 AM
my team

kelvin

james---killer---hugo---insua

dyer----mascio/binya----morgan---civelli

john----helguson

am currently 5th with 12 games to go and 5 points from the top...am on a run of 3 draws and a defeat at the mo..sooo

Saint_clark
06-02-2009, 05:20 PM
My first choice team:
------Walker
James Hugo Svensson Rapnik
-----Binya Gillett
Yildirim ---Lallana----Mills
----------Cole

Thinking about selling Svensson to be honest, Christanval and Tordoya are both good enough.

Saint_clark
12-02-2009, 01:02 PM
After my first season I had this gem of a regen.

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/162/beardotu3.th.jpg (http://img518.imageshack.us/my.php?image=beardotu3.jpg)

He shall be quality.

Andy_Porter
12-02-2009, 03:11 PM
6ft 15 year olds ftw. Looks like he could be good.

How are Mascio and Hugo developing for you?

Saint_clark
12-02-2009, 04:14 PM
In the Prem now, Hugo is my best defender and Mascio is out on loan (he won't get in the team ahead of Appiah or Binya so I wanted him to get some experience).
Tordoya had trouble settling but is quality now.
Team after promotion through the play-offs:

---------McGregor
James Hugo Helguera Sepsi
Yildirim Binya Lallana Convey
------Cole Roberts

McGregor from Rangers, Helguera from Madrid I think, Sepsi god knows.
Convey on a free, Jason Roberts for about £1million. West Ham went down so got Cole cheap.
Also signed Billy Jones from Preston as cover for defence and CM.
Dreading the start of the Prem season, but Wotte seems to think we will be OK.....

SamKimish
02-03-2009, 10:36 PM
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/4972/gayh.png

You don't understand how irritated I am!

Saint_clark
03-03-2009, 09:14 AM
Well Wotte was completely wrong. Got relegated on the last day of the season, Spurs away.
Looking in good shape this year though, 3rd after about 11 games.

J Bizzle
03-03-2009, 03:22 PM
anyone starting a new game and in need of some cash, sell skacel for £2,700,000 and lloyd james for £1,200,000. Started 3 new games and each time hull have stumped up that price for skacel and reading have always bought james.

Saint_clark
03-03-2009, 05:50 PM
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/4972/gayh.png

You don't understand how irritated I am!

Surman was always sh*t for me anyway.

Niemster
03-03-2009, 09:57 PM
surman is **** in the game which isnt very cool.

Saint_clark
03-03-2009, 10:46 PM
Just noticed it was Man City who made that bid as well. Quite funny.
In my game after the first season they had a squad of 64 players. I managed to get people like Micah Richards and SWP on loan.

Niemster
04-03-2009, 01:49 AM
Man City just buy everyone who is good basically, its rediculous!

Matthew Le God
04-03-2009, 06:16 AM
surman is **** in the game which isnt very cool.

He is actually quite good

Saint_clark
04-03-2009, 11:04 AM
He is actually quite good

An average rating of under 6.50 for both of the Southampton games I played would disagree.

Matthew Le God
04-03-2009, 04:42 PM
An average rating of under 6.50 for both of the Southampton games I played would disagree.

Doesn't make him a bad player. Just means you aren't getting the best out of him :p

Deanovski
04-03-2009, 06:22 PM
matt mate gonna need to make saints better again ;]

Papa Shango
04-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Euell should be all 20s based on last night.

Saint Matty 76
04-03-2009, 07:21 PM
I gave up on Southampton fast, they're very much a long term challenge and I have an awful attention span, moved on fast to Lyon where I'm having a good time. Thinking of buying Euell. :D

Saint_clark
04-03-2009, 09:28 PM
Doesn't make him a bad player. Just means you aren't getting the best out of him :p

Well what the hell are you supposed to do with him then? I've tried him on LM, RM, CM, DM and AM and he has been sh*t everywhere.
Perhaps he just doesn't suit my style of play. :cool:

saintsforlife7
06-03-2009, 12:34 AM
just got promoted with us in 1st season, is possible if you sell every single one of the players we have at the start of the game bar Lallana and Spiderman

Saint_clark
06-03-2009, 02:40 AM
just got promoted with us in 1st season, is possible if you sell every single one of the players we have at the start of the game bar Lallana and Spiderman

Its possible if you don't do that as well. James and Mills were two of my best players in my first season when I got promoted, and McGoldrick chipped in with around 14 goals as well.
The team you start with isnt actually that bad.

Sfc90
06-03-2009, 08:47 AM
Anyone know how to play this without having to go through steam. Can't get onto it, keeps saying steam servers are currently unavailable

Benj540
06-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Anyone know how to play this without having to go through steam. Can't get onto it, keeps saying steam servers are currently unavailable

I was wondering the same. I have given up and gone back to FM08.

SamKimish
07-03-2009, 01:49 PM
I played him mainly at centre midfield in a 4-1-3-2 foramtion with Spiderman sitting just in front of the defence :p

Davis/Bialkowski

James/Hatch Perry/Lancashire Emmanuel-Thomas Mills

Spiderman

Gillett

Lallana/Teixeira Skacel

Saga/Cole Stead/Chopra

saint_stevo
07-03-2009, 04:00 PM
no chopra after the update HURTS

Niemster
07-03-2009, 04:24 PM
scarpelli from chateroux works well for me upfront.

Saint_clark
07-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Hugo for 6k, awesome signing.
Jourdren in goal for 70k.
Appiah in DM is a god.

Hopkins
07-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Anyone know where I can get a Saints backround or skin?

saint_stevo
07-03-2009, 10:19 PM
got taken over after 1 league game having been in a transfer embargo during the takeover.

now, where do i spend my £39m budget :)

Ever happened to you before? an icelandic business man........

Niemster
08-03-2009, 01:53 AM
i have started 3 new games with saints in this new update and each time i get taken over, but its nothing special just Lowe leaves and a randomer comes in no money, nothing.

Matthew Le God
08-03-2009, 09:09 AM
By making Lowe unpopular I seem to have made a takeover far too likely to happen. I will have to tweak that for FM 2010 :D

Saint_clark
08-03-2009, 09:42 AM
By making Lowe unpopular I seem to have made a takeover far too likely to happen. I will have to tweak that for FM 2010 :D

Make one of our youngsters randomly awesome as well so that only we know about it. :D

Saint_clark
09-03-2009, 04:20 PM
"Southampton Chairman provides cash injection
Chairman Rupert Lowe has loaned the club £7.25 million to help with the clubs running costs"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Matthew Le God
09-03-2009, 04:39 PM
hmmm...thats not right is it :D

need to look into that

Saint Charlie
09-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Just started as Saints in the most recently updated game and its pretty hard. No money to spend and nobody wants to buy Skacel, trying to get good loans but not much to be had.

SuperMikey
09-03-2009, 06:35 PM
Just started as Saints in the most recently updated game and its pretty hard. No money to spend and nobody wants to buy Skacel, trying to get good loans but not much to be had.

John Goossens is quality at left back. Will sign for a season on loan in 1st season (or permanently if you can stump up £2m for him). Premiership class and gets much better.

Saint_clark
10-03-2009, 01:47 PM

Just leave Skacel at LB and put Joseph Mills in at AML, he is quality there.
EDIT: just noticed you're using the updated game, not sure what he is like on that.

Sfc90
11-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Finally given up the ghost on Saints, just haven't got the patience for it to be honest.
Started a new game on 9.03 with Eastleigh, Played first league game won 3-0.

Give every player a full-time contract to get them on a proper training regime. Waiting on a reply from the board about a parent club, Saints hopefully. Anyone got any ideas/tips on players to buy for Eastleigh as i haven't a clue at who to look at!

Saint_clark
11-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Finally given up the ghost on Saints, just haven't got the patience for it to be honest.

Give every player a full-time contract to get them on a proper training regime. Waiting on a reply from the board about a parent club, Saints hopefully. Anyone got any ideas/tips on players to buy for Eastleigh as i haven't a clue at who to look at!

For non-league teams look here.
http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=56566

Smirking_Saint
12-03-2009, 03:21 PM
Not actually playing as saints on this particular game but i hope it's not a sign of things to come.

On my game (second Season) Saints have been relegated in the first season, they replaced JP with Wotte and are now mid table in league 1 after going into admin.

Please please i hope the great crystal ball that is FM 09 is wrong

Saint_clark
12-03-2009, 10:22 PM
Not actually playing as saints on this particular game but i hope it's not a sign of things to come.

On my game (second Season) Saints have been relegated in the first season, they replaced JP with Wotte and are now mid table in league 1 after going into admin.

Please please i hope the great crystal ball that is FM 09 is wrong

JP must be sh*t on that game, I think I could easily keep Saints up with the team you start with.

Saint_clark
13-03-2009, 11:05 AM
Absolutely ecstatic with some of the free transfers I got this season+players who had requested a transfer. Got promoted through play-offs, relegated on last day of the season and then promoted as Champions.
Team now:

-------------Akinfeev
Jagodics--Samba--C. Davies--Drenthe
-------Schneiderlin--Mascio
Saivet--------Lallana--------Downing
--------------Fleck

Jagodics is a regen.
I got so many good wingers/attacking midfielders, i'm dreading the second half of the season because the ones who can't get in the team will start getting unhappy :(

Smirking_Saint
13-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Absolutely ecstatic with some of the free transfers I got this season+players who had requested a transfer. Got promoted through play-offs, relegated on last day of the season and then promoted as Champions.
Team now:

-------------Akinfeev
Jagodics--Samba--C. Davies--Drenthe
-------Schneiderlin--Mascio
Saivet--------Lallana--------Downing
--------------Fleck

Jagodics is a regen.
I got so many good wingers/attacking midfielders, i'm dreading the second half of the season because the ones who can't get in the team will start getting unhappy :(

Your joking ?? Seriously ??

I could not sign akinfeev for love nor money, went up to 20mil, same as saivet got him in the end but took a while, fleck ends up good though. Also some young saudi kid called awaiji is quality

SNSUN
13-03-2009, 11:38 AM
I sold Schneiderlin which was something I was loathe to do, butin the summer following the first season I signed some good free transfers but on high wages and so needed the money.

PS, the budget adjustment is brilliant. Sod transfer fees when you can get quality Bosmans.

Saint_clark
13-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Your joking ?? Seriously ??

I could not sign akinfeev for love nor money, went up to 20mil, same as saivet got him in the end but took a while, fleck ends up good though. Also some young saudi kid called awaiji is quality

Akinfeev got p*ssed off with his manager and didn't sign a new contract, f*cking loving that one.
Saivet cost me shed loads, ended up paying £12million for him with 50% of next sale. Fleck and Downing were really cheap as they both played for Boro and they got relegated.

Smirking_Saint
13-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Ched Evens gets amazing too, he is scoring crap loads for Fulham and is worth 10 mil with a finishing stat of 18.

And that baxter kid from everton.

saintsforlife7
19-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Struggling in my second prem season, not enough firepower as Saivet is not yet good enough! Zuculini won't sign a new contract and could walk away free, but German Lux in goal has been different class so far!

Saint_clark
19-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Got excited when I read "Rupert Lowe is searching for someone to succeed him as he looks to step down at Southampton".
A few weeks later and Andrew Cowen is now sat in the driving seat. Great.

Saint_clark
19-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Struggling in my second prem season, not enough firepower as Saivet is not yet good enough! Zuculini won't sign a new contract and could walk away free, but German Lux in goal has been different class so far!

Ouch.
Where in the season? What position? First team? Teams that look like going down?

BLINK
19-03-2009, 04:37 PM
I got taken over by some greek fella in the first season, 9mil jan transfer kitty!!!

Saint_clark
19-03-2009, 10:28 PM
Had just gotten into the final of the FA cup, 28 points clear of relegation, and my computer crashed.
F*ckity f*ck.

SNSUN
20-03-2009, 09:12 AM
Having got Saints promoted through the play-offs, and still with jack all money, I signed a few bosmans and hoped for the best. I now have no money, am miles adrift of getting out the relegation zone (although I am 18th thanks to two crapper clubs, Fulham and Derby), and have a wage bill spiralling out of control.

On the plus side, the scouts have being doing a great job looking for youngsters, and am convinced when I go down that I will have a great young team in the CCC. If I keep my job...

Saint_clark
20-03-2009, 09:18 AM
Having got Saints promoted through the play-offs, and still with jack all money, I signed a few bosmans and hoped for the best. I now have no money, am miles adrift of getting out the relegation zone (although I am 18th thanks to two crapper clubs, Fulham and Derby), and have a wage bill spiralling out of control.

On the plus side, the scouts have being doing a great job looking for youngsters, and am convinced when I go down that I will have a great young team in the CCC. If I keep my job...

What were your expectations? When I first got promoted they were to "attempt to avoid relegation", and I went down on the last day by one point, so I kept my job.
If they were to "avoid relegation" then you will get sacked.
Personally I don't see it as that bad a thing - I haven't got the heart to leave Saints and yet I do want to try different clubs.

SNSUN
20-03-2009, 09:34 AM
I was tempted to say "Avoid relegation" at the beginning of the season, as apart from strikers, the rest of my team is quite good. I solidified the defence, have a very good young free keeper called Sasa Sjanic, and have a good midfield with Dyer flying down the right wing. I couldn't get a decent striker in for love nor money though!!!

In the end I plumped for "attempt to avoid relegation" and now I'm glad I did! I do want to keep my job as I reckon I'll be able to ace the CCC next year, although the wage bill is a cause for concern. Still, If I go down, I flog the costly players and use the yoof.

saintsforlife7
24-03-2009, 11:06 AM
Ouch.
Where in the season? What position? First team? Teams that look like going down?

Stayed up with a few games to go as 4th bottom, Reading, Sunderland and Ipswich going down.

Im looking at a big clear out as had loads of money left over, 20mil+ but Rupert decided to spend 22mil on undersoil heating leaving me no money to spend! Luckily I now have 19 to spend, a half decent first team but in desperate need of goalscorers, anybody help that might be interested?

My team:
Lux
Abel Diomande Gioda Mattock
Zuculini
Kalouda Schneiderlin Ochirosii
Saivet Sturridge

Smirking_Saint
24-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Just started a new season with saints. Won all pre-season matches and am currently second in championship after winning 4 on the trot.

Playing a 4-2-3-1 formation but although the team is solid i am a little concerned about scoring goals.

Team is

--------------Westerveld-----------
wasilewski---Todoya---Lequi---- Insua
---------Cork------Surman-----------
Dyer-------Sanmearten/Lallana--------Holmes/Murphy
-------Mcgoaldrick/Helgusun/McCulloch

And have on bench - Glauber, Soley, Binya, Holmes, Gibson, John

But obviously i rotate a little, i sold Davis, BWP and Skacel.

Need a goalscorer though as i am worried that i am not scoring

Edit - Most of my team are frees or loan signings

Saint_clark
24-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Stayed up with a few games to go as 4th bottom, Reading, Sunderland and Ipswich going down.

Im looking at a big clear out as had loads of money left over, 20mil+ but Rupert decided to spend 22mil on undersoil heating leaving me no money to spend! Luckily I now have 19 to spend, a half decent first team but in desperate need of goalscorers, anybody help that might be interested?

My team:
Lux
Abel Diomande Gioda Mattock
Zuculini
Kalouda Schneiderlin Ochirosii
Saivet Sturridge

Try Andre-pierre Gignac, scores shed loads and should be well within your budget.

Saint_clark
24-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Just started a new season with saints. Won all pre-season matches and am currently second in championship after winning 4 on the trot.

Playing a 4-2-3-1 formation but although the team is solid i am a little concerned about scoring goals.

Team is

--------------Westerveld-----------
wasilewski---Todoya---Lequi---- Insua
---------Cork------Surman-----------
Dyer-------Sanmearten/Lallana--------Holmes/Murphy
-------Mcgoaldrick/Helgusun/McCulloch

And have on bench - Glauber, Soley, Binya, Holmes, Gibson, John

But obviously i rotate a little, i sold Davis, BWP and Skacel.

Need a goalscorer though as i am worried that i am not scoring

Edit - Most of my team are frees or loan signings

Not using the new patch?

Smirking_Saint
24-03-2009, 12:12 PM
No.... How did you guess ????

Saint_clark
25-03-2009, 12:31 AM
No.... How did you guess ????

Because Cork and Dyer are still in your side, and you've actually signed people for fees.

saintsforlife7
25-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Try Andre-pierre Gignac, scores shed loads and should be well within your budget.

Wasn't interested but signed Marquinhos instead, outstanding stats.
Sold Ochirosii to Everton for 10mil and signed Neri Cardozo as his replacement for 8.5, I'm a little light in defence now though, and a right back is my main priority but im struggling to find anybody good enough for the right sorts of money

J Bizzle
25-03-2009, 12:03 PM
i can never get marquinhos, always goes to madrid, lyon or one of the milan sides.

Smirking_Saint
25-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Because Cork and Dyer are still in your side, and you've actually signed people for fees.

Ahh of course yes..... lol, still had bugger all transfer kitty but wolves brought skacel for 3mil (really??) and sold davis and BWP in the end.

Got promoted through the playoffs in the end.

Happy days !!!!

SNSUN
25-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Right, just completed by first season in the Premiership. I avoided the drop with one game to spare following a fairly good home record, the standout result being a 1-0 win at Anfield. Towards the end of the season my defence were all getting injured, leaving me with a few youngsters I'd picked up to carry the can.

What a relief staying up is though! I had already signed a few Bosmans, which I'd done in the hope I could stay up as the wages in the CCC would have been crippling. Now the board have given me transfer money for the first time since I started the game, and a huge wage boost to boot. I'm looking forward to next season, especially as I've just got Ched Evans on a Bosman (although with huge, stupid wages). Whether I do well next season is dependant on loan defensive signings. (I'm useless at purchasing defenders.

At the end of the season, my best team was:

David Grof (21 year old keeper displaced Sjanic mid-season and kept him out. Attitude problem though.)

Marvin Elliot (Better in midfield but a solid right back nonetheless and captain)
Nedum Onuoha (A loan, but top notch. Best defender all season. Shame I couldn't get him permanently.)
Glauber (Man City reserve. Pretty poor, but has height. Seems to be popular as everyone wants to sign him. They can have him!)
Lesley Fellani (Unknown Haitian left back. Signed him on a free in the CCC as cover and has made the position his own, even allowing me to sell Surman for millions.)

Nathan Dyer (Hasn't been as good in the Prem but still won me games.)
Castillo (Great stats, good player, but better in the CCC.)
Richard Hughes (Free from Pompey. Best signing. Player of the year two seasons running)
Ismodes (Pacy loanee winger, and goalscorer. When everyone's heads fell mid-season, he was still topping the average ratings charts)

Danny Wellbeck (Man Utd youngster. Promising future with my team, but not the finished article yet...)
Vonlanthan (Swiss attacker. Top goalscorer with 10 goals. Shows you my season!)

Boy I struggled, but I have a big squad so coped. A big squad is everything.

saintsforlife7
26-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Finally have a settled team in my third season, second in prem. Have drawn 3-3 with Chelsea and just beat Spurs 1-0 and only played 10 games. Stadium expanded to 48k capacity so that's lot in extra revenue. My team barring injuries is:
Lux
Loties Diomande Gioda Mattock
Zuculini
Kalouda Schneiderlin Cardozo
Marquinhos Sturridge

J Bizzle
26-03-2009, 07:42 PM
the guy that has taken over me is worse than lowe :(

I hate this ****ing game.

Saint_clark
26-03-2009, 09:45 PM
the guy that has taken over me is worse than lowe :(

I hate this ****ing game.

:lol:

The Worm
05-04-2009, 01:27 PM
only got this on Monday, currently going through a takeover and the favourite to take over is Andrew Cowen ](*,)

Junior Mullet
20-04-2009, 09:34 AM

Enjoying my third season in the Championship with Eastleigh whilst we build a new 18,500 seater stadium in time for next season.

Whilst in the BSS look for players from the Welsh leagues. When in the BSP and Div 2 look for players from the irish leagues such as Bohemians. Div 1 and Championship look for quality players from national teams' U.19/U.21 squads and from the trial days.

Francis Laurent (french forward) and Danny Wright (Forward/AM)(S****horpe?) are must buys/loans for Eastleigh along with Steve Elliott (RB/DC from Lewes??).

The thing that pis$es me off however is that any time a decent bid comes in the Chairman takes matters into his own hands and sells. I now go to the player transfer centre and put a very high asking price which means that clubs tend to offer that price. I also offer players to clubs at a higher price than the one accepted by Chairman to at least recoup a little more revenue, which seems to work about 75% of the time. Hopefully I can build a squad to challenge for promotion once the new stadium is built.

Smirking_Saint
22-04-2009, 09:22 PM
Lost patience with all the crap in my southampton dressing room, taken the Juve job, oviously i have done the old club proud and nicked all of saints promising young'uns.

SuperMikey
23-04-2009, 07:19 PM
If you fancy a laugh, go into the FM Editor and under Tools select Free All People. Use that database and a lot of fun can be had! Everyone in the game is then a free agent, leaving you to pick up some of the world's best players for free! For instance, I started a game as Southampton on this database, and signed the likes of Theo Walcott, Miralem Pjanic, Henri Saivet, Bojan and many others...absolutely brilliant! :D

J Bizzle
23-04-2009, 07:56 PM
I got a regen CF come through the youth system. He is 8'1 tall and his stats are the best in the game.

saintsforlife7
23-04-2009, 09:14 PM
I got a regen CF come through the youth system. He is 8'1 tall and his stats are the best in the game.

Post a screenshot then

J Bizzle
23-04-2009, 10:12 PM
will do on monday, It's on my computer thats at uni. He is an absolute beast, don't reakon there has been many regens better than him. He's 23 got 28 caps and 34 goals.

Saintjersey
24-04-2009, 01:16 AM
I got Southampton promoted through the play offs in my first season, and then stayed up in the Premiership in my first season. Currently I have just started the new season and have managed to improve the squad from last year, my team:

GK- Tomas Cerny

RB- Martin Taylor/ Michel Salgado

LB- Ibrahima Faye

CB- Size/ Brynjar Gunnarsson

CB- Mario Yepes/ Ivan Helguera

DMC- Patxi Punal/ Schneiderlin

MR- Andres D'Allesandro

ML- Leonardo

MC- Tijani Belaid

FC- Dady

FC- Sam Vokes/ Saga

Sfc90
27-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Just finished my first season with saints, got us promoted through the play-offs.

Semi-final, Beat Wolves 5-2 on aggregate.
Final, Beat Cardiff 2-1.

Skacel,Saeijs and Lallana all in team of the season

Lallana top scorer with 13 (Not great i no, But, BWP and Saeijs both chipped in with ten each .

Absolutely delighted as i have never achieved this feet with Saints before. Lets see what happens in the prem. David Jones took over from ****chops at the start of the season.

Sfc90
28-04-2009, 10:37 AM
Quick update from my above post.

Was given £32 million to try and avoid relegation, £58 Million to win the league (haha, yer right!)

Went for the £32 million and now need players to sign! Aston Villa were relegated so hoping to grab a few players on the cheap from them, Desperately need a Keeper i feel.

What sort of players from the championship should i keep in the prem? BWP,Spiderman,Lallana,Surman,Skacel,Davis were all quality last season just not sure what to do with them now.

J Bizzle
28-04-2009, 10:43 AM
keep morgan and lallana at all costs. Surman is a handy player to have until you find someone better. Try go for kirkland? see who's floating around on free's and try and get daniel aquino if he hasn't already gone to a big club, same for either marquinhos or alex texeira. Good Defenders, Beevers or Mattock. Look at the man city squad, they normally have loads of quality players in the reserves like evans, kompany etc.

J Bizzle
28-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Also, keep hold of Jake Thomson. Even though he is ****e in real life, he is the ******** on the game, I have just sold him for £12,250,000 to villareal.

Saint_clark
29-04-2009, 12:10 AM
Villa got relegated???
Get Curtis Davies. NOW.

Sfc90
01-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Unfortunately couldn't get Davies, Every ****ing bid i put in for a Villa player was beaten by a Real Madrid bid, Managed to get James Milner for £12 million, bit steep i no but hopefully he can produce. Got Alan Smith for 4 Million,Alex for 3.5 Million and Kirkland for 5 million.

Flogged, Mcgoldraught, Gillett, John, Rasiak, Bart for a few pennies. Just hope i've done enough transfer wise to keep me up, Fairly large squad so hopefully.

First 2 games. Lost 3-1 at home to United and Lost 1-0 away to Stoke. Boro at home next.
So much more interesting being in the prem it really is.

new_zealand_saint
11-05-2009, 12:58 AM
what a joke this game is, started a new game as saints boss, taken chargen of 6 league games, won 4, drawn 1 lost 1, sit 3rd in the league

saints get taken over and I get sacked for Paul Jewell!! what a joke!

oh and J_Bizzle, where's the screnshot of this 8"1 14year old striker then?

J Bizzle
11-05-2009, 02:40 PM
It's a load of ********. His height does **** all, played a game the other night and nathan dyer(playing for wolves) Beat him in the air, i mean come on. doubt he can even jump 8'1. He's just the same as any other regen that is top quality. I will post a screenie later, i am 'revising' and know if i start playin now i'll be on it until my exam.

Smirking_Saint
14-05-2009, 11:44 AM
Hmm, since my move to Juventus, saints have been yo-yoing back and forth between about 7th to 10th place and guess who is in charge..... WGS. Still, enjoying life in Seria A at the moment, however my team does not appear to have a reserve team and so all my reserves and first team subs are lacking match practice........ poo

saint_stevo
14-05-2009, 03:33 PM
started a new game, taken over by Per someone....got given 14million in january, bought Razvan Rat, Joe Lewis, Chris Eagles, Jermaine Beckford, Kohvacevic (DRC) Rob Jones.

Got 5m left. Any suggestions?

Took appiah on a free pre season.

16th in the league, dont like the update much!

Dicko
14-05-2009, 03:45 PM
I've just started with Dorchester in BSS.

Came 6th, mainly thanks to Saints who let me have Kayne McLaggon on a season long loan - scored 23 goals

SuperMikey
14-05-2009, 05:25 PM
started a new game, taken over by Per someone....got given 14million in january, bought Razvan Rat, Joe Lewis, Chris Eagles, Jermaine Beckford, Kohvacevic (DRC) Rob Jones.

Kikin Fonseca?

Matthew Le God
14-05-2009, 05:37 PM
dont like the update much!

What is wrong with it?

Smirking_Saint
14-05-2009, 06:48 PM

For what position ?

saint_stevo
15-05-2009, 08:12 AM
could do with a striker CM and CB really

Joe Lewis is quality

Saint_clark
15-05-2009, 08:40 AM
What's wrong with the update? I'm 2nd and in the FA cup final, about three games left.

saints_is_the_south
15-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Hmm, since my move to Juventus, saints have been yo-yoing back and forth between about 7th to 10th place and guess who is in charge..... WGS. Still, enjoying life in Seria A at the moment, however my team does not appear to have a reserve team and so all my reserves and first team subs are lacking match practice........ poo

Yeah, this is the bad thing about managing a side in Italy is that they don't have a reserve league out there. I think you can play 2 or 3 players over 21 in the under 18's team or whatever it is though.

Decided to play with Exeter recently, got them promoted to the CCC & got bored so now being Roma in Serie A.

I like the update thing, saves searching around & signing the players so that you can match it with the real life squad

SuperMikey
15-05-2009, 04:42 PM

Joe Lewis is quality

Kepa - ST
Fernando Soriano - D/MRC
Arzu - CB

All three are transfer listed at the start of the game and are available for around £2m each. Kepa scores bucketloads, Soriano is an absolute beast in midfield and Arzu is a good CCC CB, but plays better at DM at Prem level. Those three alone won me the CCC when I played with QPR.

The Worm
18-05-2009, 06:01 AM
my current team, will probably be leaving to join a lower league club and take them to glory after this season.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/9787/fm09team.jpg

Storer is an Australia/English regen winger who picked up for 1.2million from Central Coast Mariners and is on the verge of an England call up

The Flying Finn
21-05-2009, 03:00 PM
I actually find the update much more realistic in general

Smirking_Saint
21-05-2009, 07:50 PM

Joe Lewis is quality

Mascio

Quality and was cheap as chips

35 games played ... 12 goals.... 12 assists

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/4307/47570753.jpg

Saint_clark
21-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Mascio isn't in the update because he's not a real player.

Dicko
21-05-2009, 11:40 PM
34k a week?

Have Saints ever paid those sort of wages?

Andy_Porter
22-05-2009, 08:00 AM

RIP

he was actually amazing pre patch.

The Worm
22-05-2009, 08:22 AM
just been knocked out of the europa league semi final by Sevilla, but have confirmed myself in 3rd place meaning Champions league football next season :)

Smirking_Saint
22-05-2009, 10:43 AM

No, started before the patch. Couldn't be bothered to start again, got a favourable takeover and didn't fancy more of the Lowe era !!

Is he not ?? Strange that they would include a fake (albiet a quality one)

As for the wages, no, but i am a safe mid-table european footballing team at the moment. A million miles from us now.

Saint_clark
22-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Mascio was a weird one. Even the Cisco Roma researchers didn't know how he got there.

Andy_Porter
24-05-2009, 10:55 AM
It's not the first time someones got a fake player into the game.

To Madiera was amazing in 01/02.

from wiki:

The 01/02 edition has not been without its critics however. Some have criticised the simple graphics, while others have complained about the difficulty (namely, the game being too easy). Another main reason for criticism was the existence of 'cheat players' - i.e. players whose abilities in the game are far greater than in real life, these players being inexpensive and very effective in game. An example of a cheat player is Tó Madeira, who is not actually a real life player. Others such as Maxim Tsigalko, Sergey Nikiforenko, Ibrahim Said and the infamous 'super Swedes' and 'super Greeks', whichwere found in the official cm0102v3968 update and were not part of the original database, i.e. Dionisis Chiotis, Stilianos Doukas, Giannis Kalogeras, Achileas Kourtoglou, Anastasios Skalidis, Alexandros Papadopoulos and Nikolaos Tobros were also over rated by a considerable amount, even though some of them aren't and never were real life players. Later some also discovered 'super Norwegians', i.e. Anders Matisen, Kristian Ravneng, Tom Arild Fredriksen, Ole Christian Andersen, Tommy Larsen, Henrik Martinsen, Stig Jensen and infamous Paal "Hyypia" Solie.

Whilst non-real life players are considered cheating by the experienced players of CM 01/02, the "Super Greeks" and "Super Swedes", and other players such as Cherno Samba & Franco Costanzo are considered perfectly fine. For example the player Kim Källström was considered at the time to be vastly over-rated and would never amount to anything, yet recently has made a name for himself as "the Swedish Steven Gerrard."

LatvianTolix
28-05-2009, 11:43 AM
Have a question to those who play for some time.

what is better to train and what tackticks to play, including special tacktics against opponent. have the same problem as saints in real life and won just 4 games in league with 42 games played. almost certain relegated.
need an advise.

thanx in advance. all tips would be appretiated.

Arizona
28-05-2009, 12:40 PM

what is better to train and what tackticks to play, including special tacktics against opponent. have the same problem as saints in real life and won just 4 games in league with 42 games played. almost certain relegated.
need an advise.

Stop signing players from Metalurgs Leipaja. ;)

sambosa75
28-05-2009, 02:43 PM
It's not the first time someones got a fake player into the game.

To Madiera was amazing in 01/02.

from wiki:

Tommy Larsen is a real player. Plays for Stabaek in Norway and is a Norway international. His actualy name is Tommy Svindal Larsen.

Niemster
28-05-2009, 03:29 PM
So Mascio is a fake player who played for Cisco Roma before the update?

Saint_clark
28-05-2009, 09:52 PM
So Mascio is a fake player who played for Cisco Roma before the update?

Yep. He isn't even in the database now.

Arizona
28-05-2009, 11:21 PM
my current team, will probably be leaving to join a lower league club and take them to glory after this season.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/9787/fm09team.jpg

Storer is an Australia/English regen winger who picked up for 1.2million from Central Coast Mariners and is on the verge of an England call up

Ah, you got Andriy Rusol from Dnipro. I always sign that guy. :D

Smirking_Saint
30-05-2009, 12:29 AM

need an advise.

Play your strengths, the only advise i have really.

Junior Mullet
08-06-2009, 11:39 AM
I managed to Eastleigh into the Prem in season 2025/2026. I then managed to keep them up by finishing 17th (and losing in the FA Cup Final after an easy run to get there) and this next season we are 11th with two months to go.

By now all but one or two players are regens, which is the way I like it.

Give me a couple of years to introduce a few more wonderkids to the team and the Spitfires should be absolutely flying.

Dicko
21-06-2009, 01:55 PM
I seem to constantly suffer with an incredible amount of injuries

Does everyone else get this?

Matthew Le God
21-06-2009, 04:03 PM
I seem to constantly suffer with an incredible amount of injuries

Does everyone else get this?

Are you playing with the latest patch?

Dicko
21-06-2009, 05:56 PM
Are you playing with the latest patch?

I've no idea

I assume lots of injuries were an earlier glitch?

Mark``
11-07-2009, 12:07 PM
Downloaded this the other day.
anyone still play it lol?
can't seem to get my strikers scoring,im in april and bwp is on 14 and john with like 6 lol.
signed david connely hes shocking and i signed his nigerian for 1.3m hes 19 and has beastly stats but he cant score either ...

Matthew Le God
11-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Downloaded this the other day.
anyone still play it lol?
can't seem to get my strikers scoring,im in april and bwp is on 14 and john with like 6 lol.
signed david connely hes shocking and i signed his nigerian for 1.3m hes 19 and has beastly stats but he cant score either ...

What is with the lol's?

Mark``
11-07-2009, 12:33 PM
What is with the lol's?

Nothing. Just the thread looked asif it was dead.
and stern john is a lol cus he cant score for sh*t

Mark``
11-07-2009, 01:15 PM
How do u search for players on a free transfer?

the scud
12-07-2009, 06:22 PM
How do u search for players on a free transfer?

type in no club at the top

Andy_Porter
12-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Or on the player search filter players who's contracts have expired/unnatached.

Dicko
12-07-2009, 09:42 PM
What's the furthest anyone has taken a club having started in Blue Sq South / North?

Matthew Le God
12-07-2009, 10:13 PM
Champions League winners with AFC Wimbledon on FM08

Papa Shango
13-07-2009, 12:14 AM

Good work. How long did that take?

Dicko
13-07-2009, 01:47 PM

Without cheating?

I took Dorchester into L1 through the play-offs, but then lost my best 3 players in the close season when the Chairman stepped in & accepted the offers. These basically payed off my debts & after lying bottom after 12 games, I jumped ship to Notts County

I assumed it was impossible to go all the way

Matthew Le God
13-07-2009, 02:05 PM
Never cheated in FM, pointless and takes the fun away. No need to do so anyway as I know the game very well from testing and researching it :)

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m231/PGCurtis/Wombles/WomblesManagerProfile.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m231/PGCurtis/Wombles/WomblesCompetitions3.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m231/PGCurtis/Wombles/WomblesCompetitions4.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m231/PGCurtis/Wombles/WomblesCompetitions.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m231/PGCurtis/Wombles/WomblesCompetitions1.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m231/PGCurtis/Wombles/WomblesInformation.jpg

Papa Shango
13-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Blimey, 2041! How many hours playing is that? I normally get bored after about 6 or 7 seasons. Think the most I've ever done was about 15 years back on CM 2000/01 with Norwich.

Smirking_Saint
13-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Never cheated in FM, pointless and takes the fun away. No need to do so anyway as I know the game very well from testing and researching it :)

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m231/PGCurtis/Wombles/WomblesManagerProfile.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m231/PGCurtis/Wombles/WomblesCompetitions3.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m231/PGCurtis/Wombles/WomblesCompetitions4.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m231/PGCurtis/Wombles/WomblesCompetitions.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m231/PGCurtis/Wombles/WomblesCompetitions1.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m231/PGCurtis/Wombles/WomblesInformation.jpg

2041 ???

Are there still decent players around ???

I always find there are only ever a few decent regens

Dicko
13-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Out of interest, I notice it says you're 72 years of age

Does the game have a cut off point where it retires you?

Smirking_Saint
13-07-2009, 03:20 PM

Or kills you ??

Matthew Le God
13-07-2009, 03:25 PM

Nope, you can go on forever.

Matthew Le God
13-07-2009, 03:26 PM
2041 ???

Are there still decent players around ???

I always find there are only ever a few decent regens

No such thing as regens. They are newgens! Two very different things! :)

And yes plenty of very good newgens still about, the game aims to have similar levels throughout and future proofs itself.