I think we should have a petition

OldNick

All those who are only registered members should have their 3 posts a day cut to 2.

Whose with me on this? That would sort out the cheapSkates. In fact that is the name of the petition

Cut the cheapSKATES quota. We can even call Stu a Skate then

Frankly I can't see the point of the two tiered membership status.

If the forum is going to be subscriptive, then everyone should have to subscribe.

Those that don't want to subscribe can go elsewhere as there are plenty of other sites available...

yeah but we love the cheapSkates really.They will in the main hold their hands up and subscribe, for the life of me I cant see why they dont.

How many forums does anybody think exist where you have to pay to post on the messageboard (excluding any that may provide adult/premium content) be it football, music or any other lifestyle category? Do any of you pay to post on other forums? Would you? If and when thesaintsweb supersite is up and running and there is premium video or other beneficial exclusive content available, then I'd understand; but to post on a messageboard? It has already been admitted that a Ltd company has been set up and the intention is for it to be a profitable business. Get a grip people.

How many forums does anybody think exist where you have to pay to post on the messageboard (excluding any that may provide adult/premium content) be it football, music or any other lifestyle category? Do any of you pay to post on other forums? Would you? If and when thesaintsweb supersite is up and running and there is premium video or other beneficial exclusive content available, then I'd understand; but to post on a messageboard? It has already been admitted that a Ltd company has been set up and the intention is for it to be a profitable business. Get a grip people.
Paranoid or what.

This is fun and entertainment as well as being informative.To me not having the gross adverts is worth a fiver a year.I pay to watch footballers who drive around in baby Astons and Im certain the boys who run the site are a long way from getting one of those from the proceds of thois site.As for the Ltd company I suggest it is prudent as they dont want ot be sued for some of the terrible accusations put up on this site.

The problem that you don't seem to understand Essruu is that a forum as popular as this needs server space, therefore I am sure you will appreciate that a subscription is the easy way and fairest way to pay for it. You 'own' b-anter which to be fair has less traffic then Jade Goody's knickers. Deal with it, jealousy gets you nowhere.

The problem that you don't seem to understand Essruu is that a forum as popular as this needs server space, therefore I am sure you will appreciate that a subscription is the easy way and fairest way to pay for it. You 'own' b-anter which to be fair has less traffic then Jade Goody's knickers. Deal with it, jealousy gets you nowhere.
I didnt realise he had a rival site, and so is a tad put out.

lol! post of the week

lol! post of the week

Grow up. It's hardly a rival site and I wouldn't want it to be.

Donations are one thing, but having to pay to subscribe to a forum is retarded. If it wasn't every forum would do it. S4E seemed to survive with rare voluntary donations and that was with just Keith funding it. If the numerous forum owners on here can't do the same then there's something wrong. Those that wanted to subscribe to S4E, like those on here, did so.

Tell me nickh, how many other forums have you ever subscribed to to be able to post on? Or anyone else for that matter?

The contributions of the Registered Users who aren't going to pay will be missed. For example, I would like to start a thread giving funny details of what Nathan Dyer is having to do for his community service. It's fitting and funny, but you won't get the benefit of knowing until someone else finds out now because I can't start a thread on it. Tough luck. I will go and PM some people on another forum where I can send PMs on. : roll :

Donations are one thing, but having to pay to subscribe to a forum is retarded. If it wasn't every forum would do it. S4E seemed to survive with rare voluntary donations and that was with just Keith funding it. If the numerous forum owners on here can't do the same then there's something wrong. Those that wanted to subscribe to S4E, like those on here, did so.

Tell me nickh, how many other forums have you ever subscribed to to be able to post on? Or anyone else for that matter?

The contributions of the Registered Users who aren't going to pay will be missed. For example, I would like to start a thread giving funny details of what Nathan Dyer is having to do for his community service. It's fitting and funny, but you won't get the benefit of knowing until someone else finds out now because I can't start a thread on it. Tough luck. I will go and PM some people on another forum where I can send PMs on. : roll :

Lol @ essruutryingtogetpeopletotakethebaitespeciallyinTMS! - loser.

jill, you're a ****. If you're suggesting that I'm bullsh1tting, then I'll tell you what I'll do: I will PM you full details on b-anter of what he's doing and where, then I will lock your account so that you can't read it. Then, when or if it's finally disclosed elsewhere I will unlock your account so that you can read the datestamped PM. How's that?

Goodnight suckers.

jill, you're a ****. If you're suggesting that I'm bullsh1tting, then I'll tell you what I'll do: I will PM you full details on b-anter of what he's doing and where, then I will lock your account so that you can't read it. Then, when or if it's finally disclosed elsewhere I will unlock your account so that you can read the datestamped PM. How's that?

Goodnight suckers.

Where did I say you were bullsh1tting exactly? I really don't give a f_ck is what I am saying so stop with the baiting. If you really feel the need which clearly you do, to advertise to everyone - "I've picked up so and so and I know this, please come to my website and read all the details" you are becoming one sad MF!

Edited by Jillsaint

All those who are only registered members should have their 3 posts a day cut to 2.

Whose with me on this? That would sort out the cheapSkates. In fact that is the name of the petition

Cut the cheapSKATES quota. We can even call Stu a Skate then

Lolllzzz! That would be well funny!!!! How would I survive only being able to post on this forum twice a day!

I guess I would have to immerse myself even further into the real world you tedious scrote.

If the forum is going to be subscriptive, then everyone should have to subscribe.
What about new members? Who is going to pay to post on a forum with no idea of whether or not they are going to get into it?

Make it 1 post per day imho.
Even worse than two!!!! Oh noes!!!! Lolzzzzzzzzz.

S4E seemed to survive with rare voluntary donations and that was with just Keith funding it.
Good point, how did Keith do it for free? Was he super rich and running it for ****s and giggles or has the price of the technology gone up up a great deal in the last eighteen months.

P.S, forgive my long and tedious post, I would have split it into more easily ignored small segments but I am saving my last post to call alpine_saint a tedious mong on the main board.

Who cares?? It's only a 5er.

Ex-ac-erly.

Whine and whinge as much as you like Essruu, SRS etc. Stick to your principles as long as you like.

It's a fiver FFS that allows you to participate and interact with others for a whole year...

Essruu, I haven't noticed the traffic on b-anter increasing particularly... that's more to do with the non-modding policy I guess though that puts many people off. I ain't knocking b-anter but it isn't most people's cuppa tea cos of its positioning...

The other sites run by nutters like SF76 and Cushty are never gonna get traffic either.

You takes your choice peeps!

I dont go on any other forums as this is by far the best and Iam happy to pay £5 to keep this one going.If you are happy having adverts and pop ups that are annoying to save you a fiver that's your perogative.

Edited by OldNick

This is all that has been on my mind recently. I mean, do I pay a fiver and use it to waste my working day debating what my favourite word is, if I would smash a celebrity that most blokes would smash and suchlike. Or I could not pay and be racist, homopobic, sexist and moronic for free, but with up to date Saints news and moderation that is consistant for the cost of 0p per day?

It's not the end of the world being limited to 3 posts here to be honest, as I only post when I am not busy. Unfortunately, it's a lot at the moment, but from a personal view this place isn't that important to me. Others it may be because it's where they post to while away the day at work, or they might have no life etc and I couldn't care less who pays and who doesn't.

Stupid nigbums xx

p.s. SHUT UP.

p.p.s. Stop now, Weetime.

p.p.p.s Jill, you're a ************************************

Being a member of both I think the only main difference is usage. Obviously with more members this place is busier so posts get updated quicker and conversation flows quicker which is better if you're sat at work bored and have nothing to do rather than waiting for someone to write something.

Also b-anter can be on the slightly too far side. A lot of the things said on there are in jest and funny and just as the site says - b-anter, but I feel a few of the comments said on there are a little too far opinionated.

Still I use both sites and both have pro's and cons

I guess I would have to immerse myself even further into the real world you tedious scrote.

This is the MUPPET section where it is to have a joke and laugh. You cheapskates are tetchy.

I didnt realise that the subscription thing would be such an issue.We are all different and look at things differently. Its like when you go out for a group meal there is always someone who says 'I only had a soft drink, and so I should only pay £6.36 ' Whilst everyone else is happy to chip in.

This is the MUPPET section where it is to have a joke and laugh. You cheapskates are tetchy.

I didnt realise that the subscription thing would be such an issue.We are all different and look at things differently. Its like when you go out for a group meal there is always someone who says 'I only had a soft drink, and so I should only pay £6.36 ' Whilst everyone else is happy to chip in.

tbf if I was out for a group meal and only had a beer, then the bill came in at £1,000 then too right i'd only pay for the beer & 20p towards a tip :D

tbf if I was out for a group meal and only had a beer, then the bill came in at £1,000 then too right i'd only pay for the beer & 20p towards a tip :D

you aren't a friend to go out on the town then. Your tipping is a bit on the high side though.

Seems Essr is being a c*ckle. Im banned now too.

Apparently it seems anyone who has paid to register on here isnt allowed to be part of their club!

I'm wasting one of my valuable three posts a day to say 'you are not banned, you gimp' :)

Instead of reducing non-full members daily post limit, I would suggest an alternative of allowing a limitless post allowance for two weeks to one month. Then you pay or disappear altogether. If you screw up on the Paypal, there's always a cheque or postal order. That would weedle out the half-hearted.

How many forums does anybody think exist where you have to pay to post on the messageboard (excluding any that may provide adult/premium content) be it football, music or any other lifestyle category?

I know you're not stupid. How many forums with the levels of traffic this site has (120-150gb per month, conservative estimate) do you think are NOT either:

a) backed by a large company/network, e.g. Rivals, Club Fanzine, Vital Football, etc with corporate advertising deals, or

b) personally funded by a generous benefactor?

The answer is "not many at all". This is one of those "not many". Donations have been used in the past, and I'm sure you noticed yourself that the server we could afford with that money just wasn't up to it in the end. We considered asking for donations again, but even if we got the same amount of money in as the first time (incredibly unlikely given the "law" of diminishing returns - once people have donated once, they would feel a bit put out if we were to come back 6 months later with cap in hand again), it would last less than half the time given the required technical infrastructure. We'd then be on a downward spiral until eventually the donations run out completely and nobody's willing to put anymore in.

Do any of you pay to post on other forums? Would you?

If I felt it was worthwhile, yes.

It has already been admitted that a Ltd company has been set up and the intention is for it to be a profitable business.

It was mentioned right from the very beginning. Nobody should be under any illusions as to the situation. We have also stated (both on here and also on your forum, in fact) that a) us admins are also paying the £5 - we don't get a freebie off the back of everyone else paying nor would we seek to, and b) we have budgeted for a small profit in the region of about £100 which (while it's actually none of your business, given it's our company) will be reinvested into the business.

I really don't get what the big deal is.

I know you're not stupid. How many forums with the levels of traffic this site has (120-150gb per month, conservative estimate) do you think are NOT either:

a) backed by a large company/network, e.g. Rivals, Club Fanzine, Vital Football, etc with corporate advertising deals, or

b) personally funded by a generous benefactor?

The answer is "not many at all". This is one of those "not many". Donations have been used in the past, and I'm sure you noticed yourself that the server we could afford with that money just wasn't up to it in the end. We considered asking for donations again, but even if we got the same amount of money in as the first time (incredibly unlikely given the "law" of diminishing returns - once people have donated once, they would feel a bit put out if we were to come back 6 months later with cap in hand again), it would last less than half the time given the required technical infrastructure. We'd then be on a downward spiral until eventually the donations run out completely and nobody's willing to put anymore in.

If I felt it was worthwhile, yes.

It was mentioned right from the very beginning. Nobody should be under any illusions as to the situation. We have also stated (both on here and also on your forum, in fact) that a) us admins are also paying the £5 - we don't get a freebie off the back of everyone else paying nor would we seek to, and b) we have budgeted for a small profit in the region of about £100 which (while it's actually none of your business, given it's our company) will be reinvested into the business.

I really don't get what the big deal is.

Dont let it get to you.

It may be 'only a fiver' but that isnt the point. I've paid for my computer. I pay for an internet connection. Thats where it stops for me.

Where do you draw the line? Annual subscriptions today, paying to post pictures tomorrow? An extra quid if you post 12 times on a Sunday evening when fewer mods are around?

It also doesnt help that its been free for so many years. If someone told me I had to start paying if I wanted listen to certain radio stations, use teletext or wipe my arse, regardless of the price, they'd get told where to shove it.

And if a fiver is of such insignificance to many people, feel free to send your unwanted money to me. I also accept paypal.

It may be 'only a fiver' but that isnt the point. I've paid for my computer. I pay for an internet connection. Thats where it stops for me.

Where do you draw the line? Annual subscriptions today, paying to post pictures tomorrow? An extra quid if you post 12 times on a Sunday evening when fewer mods are around?

It also doesnt help that its been free for so many years. If someone told me I had to start paying if I wanted listen to certain radio stations, use teletext or wipe my arse, regardless of the price, they'd get told where to shove it.

And if a fiver is of such insignificance to many people, feel free to send your unwanted money to me. I also accept paypal.

As the vast majority of us have been posting on S4E/TSF and now here for a number of years and probably got a hell of a lot of advice/laughs etc from it, I really don't see any issue with paying a fiver. I am sure I have saved that a few times over with the help I have had with my car, boiler etc.

Why do you full members have to keep going on about us non members having to pay 5 quid all the time. It's getting to a point where it's getting stupid.

It's our choice whether we want to pay 5 quid or not.

I don't really care about your opinion regarding 5 quid but this is starting to annoy me.

I don't have time to post on an internet forum to make my 5 quid worth it. On the plus side, I am actually happy with my post limit of 3 posts a day as I don't really spend much time on this site.

I give to charities, not to forums.

As the vast majority of us have been posting on S4E/TSF and now here for a number of years and probably got a hell of a lot of advice/laughs etc from it, I really don't see any issue with paying a fiver. I am sure I have saved that a few times over with the help I have had with my car, boiler etc.

That has to be post of the month!!!!!