Dragon Age Inquisition

stthrobber

I've seen the PS4 version on Amazon for £32 and wondered if anyone has played it. It's supposed to have a huge game world to play in, but I did have the old Dragon Age game on Xbox 360 and didn't really get on with it.

Might be worth a look for that price

I've seen the PS4 version on Amazon for £32 and wondered if anyone has played it. It's supposed to have a huge game world to play in, but I did have the old Dragon Age game on Xbox 360 and didn't really get on with it.

Might be worth a look for that price

Haven't actually played it (or any of the other ones) myself yet. A lot of the designers & devs in the office love it though. Say it is a bit different to the last one, but enjoyable (and yes MASSIVE) nonetheless.

Pretty tempted to grab it at that price myself tbh.

• 5 weeks later...

I was playing The Last Of Us through twice before attempting this one, and my initial thoughts are that the game seems very confusing, in the first instance there's far too much dialogue and not enough actual playing.

There's a prologue to get through before the name of the game comes up, then loads of dialogue and then I sort of got lost in a quest, and by that I mean confused.

I want to like it, but the voice acting isn't brilliant, the graphics are good, but I'm not really getting this game atm, but I nearly abandoned The Last Of Us, so I will keep going on this game

• 3 weeks later...

Have you played an RPG before, stth?

I played 42 hours of this and ended up giving up on it, there are some good ideas and mechanics in there, and the graphics are really nice but the story, characters and world just bored me to tears, tried carrying on despite the boredom but it wasn't to be and threw in the towel at the 42 hour mark.

I played Skyrim ad nauseum last year. I traded in Dragon Age Inquisition, the simplistic combat system and the fact that I kept accidentally switching control to other characters meant my patience ran out with it. I'm playing Dark Souls 2 instead now. I get killed loads but somehow, this game has got me hooked despite its unforgiving nature.

When that's done, I've got The Witcher 3 waiting.

If you played 42 hours of Dragon Age, then you're fair play to you. I don't think I did 5