Coulthard, Brundle, Jordan and Walker in BBC F1 Team

Arizona

Get in! :D

According to BBC sport Martin Brundle and ex 5 Live commentator Jonathan Legard have been selected as the 2 main commentators, with DC and Jordan (no, not her, Eddie) having been selected for some of the behind the scenes stuff. Should be interesting IMO.

84 year old Murray Walker will play a small role, including contributions to the website via a Q&A forum.

Ted Kravitz has also been retained as a pit reporter, along with Lee McKenzie.

Here's the link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7745347.stm

Sorry, yeah I've added a bit to that post.

What's wrong with EJ? I've always thought he was quite a character.

EJ is a self-promoting, egotistical idiot and I'd be amazed if he manages a single minute of live broadcasting without offending the bad language censors.

I have no time for him or his opinions. After all, this is the bloke who pocketed the £25m given by Honda when they pulled their engine from the back of the Jordan. £25m, negotiated for by the teams financiers, as a goodwill gesture designed to assist in finding a new powerplant. Denying the team that money leading to it's demise. The team which, yes, he owned, but which had a couple of hundred employees who he basically shat on.

Fair enough.

I saw the documentary on their 1998 season, when they got their first win, and a 1-2 in Spa. Admired them for continuing to compete against teams with much larger budgets and even pushing for the title in '99.

I wasn't aware of the £25m, I thought they just ran out of funding and were bought out by MF1. Why did he sh*t on the employees, were they not retained by Midland?

Fair enough.

I saw the documentary on their 1998 season, when they got their first win, and a 1-2 in Spa. Admired them for continuing to compete against teams with much larger budgets and even pushing for the title in '99.

I wasn't aware of the £25m, I thought they just ran out of funding and were bought out by MF1. Why did he sh*t on the employees, were they not retained by Midland?

Some were, some weren't, but that's just business. The fact is, his greed rooted them firmly to the back of the grid when they couldn't adequately replace the Mugen Honda V10. They had the money, as a team, but instead of buying a decent unit EJ just pocketed the cash. That's selfish IMO. He denied the team that opportunity to push on from the 99 season.