PS3s; are they worth it?

Thorpe-le-Saint

360 is cheaper, but I've got a PS3. 50th birthday present last almost a year ago. Love it! Don't have same gaming cares and worries as youngsters. Really don't give a flying **** about what console is best. Enjoyed MGS 4 enormously and Uncharted. Get one if you can afford it.

Looking for some opinions here:

I'm thinking of buying the 80GB version after payday, however, obviously £300 is quite a serious chunk of money. Do people it's worth getting over teh xbox 360 seeing as they are so cheap at the moment?

You can get it far cheaper than that...i think Woolworths are selling for around £240 :p

If you only want to play games then the 360 is the way to go.....if you have a HD TV & are gonna want to play blu ray, want to stream music & video & want to play online for free then PS3 all the way

You can get it far cheaper than that...i think Woolworths are selling for around £240 :p

If you only want to play games then the 360 is the way to go.....if you have a HD TV & are gonna want to play blu ray, want to stream music & video & want to play online for free then PS3 all the way

This is gonna sound retarded, but, do you HAVE to have an HDTV in order to play PS3 or does it just make it 'better'?

This is gonna sound retarded, but, do you HAVE to have an HDTV in order to play PS3 or does it just make it 'better'?

Nah you can play it on a normal TV. Having a HDTV just means you can play the games with high definition graphics.

I'm looking at getting a PS3 mainly for online play,what do you need to be able to play online?, I know that its free but how do you connect to the internet from your PS3 (i have wireless internet connection if that makes a difference). Also does online play still suffer from lagging on games like Fifa and PES?

Cheers for any help

Rob

P.S If anyone knows of any cheap ps3 preowned deals let me know

I'm looking at getting a PS3 mainly for online play,what do you need to be able to play online?, I know that its free but how do you connect to the internet from your PS3 (i have wireless internet connection if that makes a difference). Also does online play still suffer from lagging on games like Fifa and PES?

Cheers for any help

Rob

P.S If anyone knows of any cheap ps3 preowned deals let me know

just plug an ethernet cable from the back of your PS3 straight to your modem/router...

not had an issue with online stuff myself....takes mins to set up your userame