Elder Scrolls - Oblivion

Thedelldays

dont go too far into the main quest as its quite short, explore a bit

Although don't worry too much as you can carry on playing after the main quest.

My only tip - go to Imperial City and fight in the arena until you are the ultimate champion or whatever it is. Instant cash really easily.

ok...cheers guys..

like i said, the number of weapons/items/spells/attributes is huge..

can anyone recommend a good few to stick with etc..

i think when i played it i stuck with a silver longsword and armor from a imperial city guard that i killed untill i got a Katana later in the main quest.

I agree doing the knights of the nine early is very useful. The weapons and armour you gain from this quest level with you. If you replace them on the armour stand every time you level up, their attributes will improve and they will also be fully repaired and recharged. Plus the woodland grace skill is useful for not having to fight animals.

I built my guy as with heavy armour and a focus on blade, then added some destruction. I usually open up on guys with a few fireballs, then run in to finish them off with the blade. My top tip would be to do the Nocturnal shrine quest as soon as you reach level 10. You get the skeleton key, which means no more messing about with the lockpicking game!

I've played this for at least 30 hours and I've hardly touched the main quest. I'm head of the fighter's guild and getting there in the mages guild as well. When you consider I have yet to begin the Shivering Isles yet, this game is massive!

haha..

im at imperial city (first time) and trying to find Thonir...no chance

Thoronir has a shop called the Copious Coinpurse in the market district of Imperial City. I think it's on a side street. Run everywhere in the market district and you'll find it eventually.

If you do this quest, make sure that you grab the mace next to one of the coffins in the burial chamber, it's immensely powerful early on.

Thoronir has a shop called the Copious Coinpurse in the market district of Imperial City. I think it's on a side street. Run everywhere in the market district and you'll find it eventually.

If you do this quest, make sure that you grab the mace next to one of the coffins in the burial chamber, it's immensely powerful early on.

lol

cheers..will deffo use this advise

i found thoronir and followed him...followed agimar and broke into his house..as soon as I take the book about stealing from the dead, i get confronted by an imperial guard and no matter what i do when i try to resist arrest..he kills me..if i dont resist arrest and pay the gold etc, i lose the book..

WTF!!!

i found thoronir and followed him...followed agimar and broke into his house..as soon as I take the book about stealing from the dead, i get confronted by an imperial guard and no matter what i do when i try to resist arrest..he kills me..if i dont resist arrest and pay the gold etc, i lose the book..

WTF!!!

You need to break into the house without anyone seeing you. Stand right next to his front door and go into sneak mode (crouch). Wait until the eye around the main cursor goes dull, at this point you cannot be seen by anyone. Now break into his house and you should have free reign to loot what you want.

It can be annoying but you'll need to get used to doing this for a lot of other quests, particularly the thieve's guild line.

cheers for that done it now..also won a fight in the arena...

this game is huge...still not delivered the amulet and i have added lots of other quests...

what is a good money maker and are there any good weapons/items to look out for..

The arena is a good quick money maker. Be sure to save before every fight though.

Don't ever use two handed weapons, two slow and they lower your defense a massive amount. I quite like using bows, but the arrows can be quite costly. So in short, a sword or one handed axe is the way to go, with a decent shield as well.

If you do the main quest up until after the Kvatch section, you get some decent armour. That's the next part after you deliver the amulet.

You can loot lockpicks from dead bandits you find in dungeons. Alternatively, you can join the thieves guild and then buy them from certain people within the guild. Just talk to a beggar and raise their disposition high using the minigame and ask them about the grey fox. This should trigger this quest.

To repeat myself again, as soon as you get to level 10 make sure you do Nocturnal's daedric shrine quest and get the skeleton key. It's an unbreakable lockpick, so you can simply keep pressing auto-attempt until you are successful at picking the lock. I bloody hate that lock-picking mini-game, I much prefer the Fallout 3 version.

You can loot lockpicks from dead bandits you find in dungeons. Alternatively, you can join the thieves guild and then buy them from certain people within the guild. Just talk to a beggar and raise their disposition high using the minigame and ask them about the grey fox. This should trigger this quest.

To repeat myself again, as soon as you get to level 10 make sure you do Nocturnal's daedric shrine quest and get the skeleton key. It's an unbreakable lockpick, so you can simply keep pressing auto-attempt until you are successful at picking the lock. I bloody hate that lock-picking mini-game, I much prefer the Fallout 3 version.

cheers.....have started the first quest to join the thieves guild.....got beaten to the book by someone else..will try again....

as for level 10...feck, im at level 2 at the mo..

I agree doing the knights of the nine early is very useful. The weapons and armour you gain from this quest level with you. If you replace them on the armour stand every time you level up, their attributes will improve and they will also be fully repaired and recharged. Plus the woodland grace skill is useful for not having to fight animals.

I built my guy as with heavy armour and a focus on blade, then added some destruction. I usually open up on guys with a few fireballs, then run in to finish them off with the blade. My top tip would be to do the Nocturnal shrine quest as soon as you reach level 10. You get the skeleton key, which means no more messing about with the lockpicking game!

I've played this for at least 30 hours and I've hardly touched the main quest. I'm head of the fighter's guild and getting there in the mages guild as well. When you consider I have yet to begin the Shivering Isles yet, this game is massive!

This is the same advice I would give second time i did the story i did the Knights of the nine and got the skeleton key, it saves a lot of hassle later on when you run-out of lock pics mid dungeon and the armor and weapons you get is the best in the game when you level it up

As Donuts said you will lose your life I think my total game time on this is over 300 hours which is really sad when you look at it that way but I have had this game 18 months so thats less than 1 hour a day :p