On OS now - Svensson pens new deal

Wildgoose

Great, that's it official, I got a HCDAJFU right on the old TSF. Whoopee

Next HCDAJFU

Kaka

Which I think is Spanglish for cr*p so I'll go with a loan full back signed by 2nd week of September

Good to see though after all that work and no doubt pain, getting back is true legend status. I also think there was a hint about the deal with the release of the Killer T-Shirts.

One year deal and an option.

If he stays fit I'm sure we'll have that tied up pretty quick before the end of the season as I'm sure a half fit Killer will be worth a fortune and in demand.

And maybe, just for once what a lovely happy ending it would be if that (lol) in the OS article about leading us back to the PL actually came true....

hmm but you gotta dream

Fantastic news, his comeback has been nothing short of amazing.

Fingers crossed Svensson can stay injury-free and take part in as much of the season as possible.

I look forward to seeing a defensive partnership of Davies and Killer. I don't think anyone in the division can top that IMO.

French for crap..

Great, that's it official, I got a HCDAJFU right on the old TSF. Whoopee

Next HCDAJFU

Kaka

Which I think is Spanglish for cr*p so I'll go with a loan full back signed by 2nd week of September

Good to see though after all that work and no doubt pain, getting back is true legend status. I also think there was a hint about the deal with the release of the Killer T-Shirts.

One year deal and an option.

If he stays fit I'm sure we'll have that tied up pretty quick before the end of the season as I'm sure a half fit Killer will be worth a fortune and in demand.

And maybe, just for once what a lovely happy ending it would be if that (lol) in the OS article about leading us back to the PL actually came true....

hmm but you gotta dream

So we had an amateur playing for us last week?

You don't have to have a contract to be paid. Very much doubt he played for nothing, suspect he has been on some sort of retainer since the start of pre-season. Anyway, what if he was an amateur, it never did CB Fry any harm.

Have I missed something I thought MS signed a contract last week pre Cardiff.

Considering the sky is about to fall in tomorrow with the sale of Andrew Davies, it looks to me like this news item was repeated simply because they need something to cushion the blow and nothing else was available.

Considering the sky is about to fall in tomorrow with the sale of Andrew Davies, it looks to me like this news item was repeated simply because they need something to cushion the blow and nothing else was available.

D'oh I thought this was the good news to soften the blow of Rasiak going to one of our rivals!

Depending on the actual date of the contact and you might be right or was it delayed for a reason unconnected with Davies leaving or not.

It was always gong to happen, we are f*cked, if we don't sell we go into administration, how thick are people?

There has to be a point where we say that there are players we have to keep because they are worth more for what they bring to the team than the money we get for them. This is a concept that the money men have never understood.

There could come to pass a situation whereby the weaker defence means a bad losing streak followed by loss of morale, followed by more games lost, followed by fewer people through the turnstiles, followed by bigger losses.

So we are f*cked by following this path also, but will probably go under with a whimper rather than a bang in the process.

There has to be a point where we say that there are players we have to keep because they are worth more for what they bring to the team than the money we get for them. This is a concept that the money men have never understood.

There could come to pass a situation whereby the weaker defence means a bad losing streak followed by loss of morale, followed by more games lost, followed by fewer people through the turnstiles, followed by bigger losses.

So we are f*cked by following this path also, but will probably go under with a whimper rather than a bang in the process.

Been making this point for days........

Agreed 100%.

I watched the interview with Lee Holmes after the Exeter game on SaintsTV and they showed footage of Saints training and in the background taking part (although it looked gingerly) was Andrew Davies. I hope we keep hold of this lad as he's the long term future for our defence.

this is amazing news, i mean, come on. No-one on the planet, with the exception of killer himself. Had any hope of ever putting on the red and white again. The term "legend" is used far too much on this site but i think in this case we truely have found one.

Originally Posted by saintkiptanui viewpost.gif

It was always gong to happen, we are f*cked, if we don't sell we go into administration, how thick are people?

What you fail to clarify is that going out with a bang actually means administration and that's F*cked with a capital F.

Why do you feel the current board are employing this policy? to maximise profits to return a dividend? Not only Lowe is saying this, but Wilde has equally painted the picture that fans do not realise how close we are to administration. Equally blinding is that Crouch has joined some religious order and taken a vow of silence on the subject. I fully expect once the transfer and loan windows have closed, we will be treated to accounts showing you exactly why we have no other option. When you are having to release players on a free or keep loaning them out shows exactly what a tenuous position we are in. When you have two 20+ goal scorers for this division and you can only offload one by loan because of their high salaries just shows you what a mess we have got ourselves into.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/?page_id=10449

Should end some of the rumours now!

;-)

That is truly fantastic news. I spoke with Michael and Jan Wotte yesterday afternoon and he is genuinely thrilled to be back. He is a little sore after a full game (which is only to be expected).

Sounds a fantastic excuse to go to the Soul Cellar (ex-Painted Wagon) today to celebrate...sorry cheap plug but I'll shut up after today.

What you fail to clarify is that going out with a bang actually means administration and that's F*cked with a capital F.

Why do you feel the current board are employing this policy? to maximise profits to return a dividend? Not only Lowe is saying this, but Wilde has equally painted the picture that fans do not realise how close we are to administration. Equally blinding is that Crouch has joined some religious order and taken a vow of silence on the subject. I fully expect once the transfer and loan windows have closed, we will be treated to accounts showing you exactly why we have no other option. When you are having to release players on a free or keep loaning them out shows exactly what a tenuous position we are in. When you have two 20+ goal scorers for this division and you can only offload one by loan because of their high salaries just shows you what a mess we have got ourselves into.

Another one who cannot understand that there are players in this game who can generate more income for the club than they cost in wages, either through bums on seats or success on the pitch, which in turn also generates more bums on seats.

Just to be sarcastic in the extreme, why don't we replace our youngsters with the crop below even them and save even more money? Let's close more of the stadium and make even more savings.:rolleyes:

And if we're so completely and utterly skint, how come we can afford to buy Schneiderlin? Personally, I would have said that we are better covered in midfield than in defence, so given a choice between Davies or Schneiderlin, I'd choose Davies myself.

Because of these policies, we are going to go into administration anyway because we will probably be relegated.

Another one who cannot understand that there are players in this game who can generate more income for the club than they cost in wages, either through bums on seats or success on the pitch, which in turn also generates more bums on seats.

Just to be sarcastic in the extreme, why don't we replace our youngsters with the crop below even them and save even more money? Let's close more of the stadium and make even more savings.:rolleyes:

And if we're so completely and utterly skint, how come we can afford to buy Schneiderlin? Personally, I would have said that we are better covered in midfield than in defence, so given a choice between Davies or Schneiderlin, I'd choose Davies myself.

Because of these policies, we are going to go into administration anyway because we will probably be relegated.

Someone mentioned that Schneiderlin has a minimum transfer fee clause in his contract of £5 million. This suggests he was bought as an investment rather than a long-term part of our squad. Sad, but needs must.

There is a lot of sense in this, Wes - but I wonder if we are too far down the path to administration to draw the line anywhere other than with the youth on one side and the high earners on the other. With a debt as high as ours, we might have missed our chance to make impassioned pleas to keep players. It might have worked had we done all this last year (or earlier) but that was not to be. Perhaps when he issues another statement (or posts on here) Michael Wilde can tell us why all this is happening now and not last year? It would make interesting reading.

I don't share some of the posters' expectations for "total football". I think the best we can hope for is stability and mediocrity. It is a long way up from here and I am not certain that we are going in the right direction yet. Certainly nothing in the history of ever has been won by penny-pinching, cost-cutting or book-balancing, but it might just earn us a reprieve from the destruction of administration - the hell which even an old incorrigible old villain like Ken Bates doesn't seem to have been able to navigate his way out of with Leeds.

I sympathise with Saintkiptanui's point that it might be too late for us to get precious about what players leave or stay - and I retain my right to the opinion I've had since Lowe came back that the real pain is still to come with more players set to go - but Alpine, for all your folded-arms posturing about this issue, if we really are as financially f***ed as we seem to be your constant whinging about why this is happening is about as useful as popping into Barclays and asking them why they're thinking of repossessing your home.

Because they can. Because you're broke. Because they will.