We have to sell

saintkiptanui

I'll repeat what I wrote on another thread :

I reckon that the exodus appears to be gathering such a pace, that administration may happen before the end of the season anyway.

This is beginning to look like panic activity.

Maybe its simply too f**king late - have you thought of that ?

I reckon that the exodus appears to be gathering such a pace, that administration may happen before the end of the season anyway.

How is it gathering pace?

Probably just found the Company Credit Card Bills for all the directors we had last season. They were hidden in the back of a cupboard along with a few other parting gifts I would expect

or we go into administration, what part of this don't people understand?? it's not woopert doing it to annoy us, he's doing it because he has to.

trouble is..we havent really sold, Rasiak only on loan, the likes or Rudi etc still here. You talk about us having to sell or administration and yet they find wages for the likes of RL / MW and no doubt a few more numpties.

trouble is..we havent really sold, Rasiak only on loan, the likes or Rudi etc still here. You talk about us having to sell or administration and yet they find wages for the likes of RL / MW and no doubt a few more numpties.

Yep.

Watch McGoldrick go to the first club that enquires after him

Its ok saying we have to sell,sell sell, but what happens when the fans stop coming because we have no one left and the football on offer is a very low standard?

If we sell the very few players we have left that are capable of keeping us in this league,then we might as well go into administration now.

Surely most of us go to SMS to cheer on our team and hope for a win?

Take that away and you are left with nothing.

Its ok saying we have to sell,sell sell, but what happens when the fans stop coming because we have no one left and the football on offer is a very low standard?

If we sell the very few players we have left that are capable of keeping us in this league,then we might as well go into administration now.

the fans have already left, 17000 for first game of season??? I go to watch saints regardless of who's wearing the red and white.

A downward spirial and thats when the top dogs have to dip into their own reserves to change the fortunes!

damn,you must have been on one hell of a trip to suffer withdrawal like that. even by your own Armageddon-like standards,this is way more pessimistic than the average score on a mental hospital for severely depressed suicidal wackos..!

off-course its not too late,what an absurd thought. all signs are telling that the fog over our financial issues,is beginning to lift.

imagine what would have happened if Crouch was still in charge,and no players had been sold,and no cutting in costs have been made whatsoever : do you think we`d be in administration by now with that scenario..?

personally I dont think so,I think we would lasted until over christmas if no measures were taken,at the very least.

so how come you think the situation now is so severe,that we are doomed..?? Crouch believed we were in alright shape without cuts being made.and now we have cut costs all over the line,from trainers,staff,players, etcetc.

in addition,we have purchased players-not exactly a sign of bankruptcy is it..?

Rupert has always had a prudent approach,and that line is what he is drawing now again. off-course he doesnt want to have plenty of players earning PL-money..in his eyes that must be madness. with his cheap mindset,its pretty obvious that these players are the first post of expenditure he wants to get rid of..its nothing unatural,its just Ruperts way of doing things. and right now,I believe it is the right thing to do.

who knows,maybe by this time next year,we`ll be wondering who our next decent signing will be-instead of worrying about who`s leaving. If selling the underperforming money-grabbing primadonnas is the way for this to happen,I`m willing to go with the flow-even if it is Ruperts flow !

damn,you must have been on one hell of a trip to suffer withdrawal like that. even by your own Armageddon-like standards,this is way more pessimistic than the average score on a mental hospital for severely depressed suicidal wackos..!

off-course its not too late,what an absurd thought. all signs are telling that the fog over our financial issues,is beginning to lift.

imagine what would have happened if Crouch was still in charge,and no players had been sold,and no cutting in costs have been made whatsoever : do you think we`d be in administration by now with that scenario..?

personally I dont think so,I think we would lasted until over christmas if no measures were taken,at the very least.

so how come you think the situation now is so severe,that we are doomed..?? Crouch believed we were in alright shape without cuts being made.and now we have cut costs all over the line,from trainers,staff,players, etcetc.

Rupert has always had a prudent approach,and that line is what he is drawing now again. off-course he doesnt want to have plenty of players earning PL-money..in his eyes that must be madness. with his cheap mindset,its pretty obvious that these players are the first post of expenditure he wants to get rid of..its nothing unatural,its just Ruperts way of doing things. and right now,I believe it is the right thing to do.

who knows,maybe by this time next year,we`ll be wondering who our next decent signing will be-instead of worrying about who`s leaving. If selling the underperforming money-grabbing primadonnas is the way for this to happen,I`m willing to go with the flow-even if it is Ruperts flow !

seconded.

I'll ignore the personal abuse, but this post is utter f**king crap.

Crouch loaned out Skacel and Rasiak last season when the state of the finances became apparent, and he didnt go and hide in Canada on a fishing trip.

The bank would not have allowed Crouch to do nothing - so drop the petty personality ******.

or we go into administration, what part of this don't people understand?? it's not woopert doing it to annoy us, he's doing it because he has to.

And we have to pay top dollar to watch an inferior team ? The fact that Lowe et al expect people to do this is amazing

!

What about boardroom salaries, are the directors earing "PL-money" or even CCC money? I wonder how they compare to other clubs in our situation..........

This is really silly. While accepting you have to reduce costs to avoid administration if you sell only those players that will keep you in the Championship then administration will follow anyway i.e. you cannot have a premiership stadium cost in the Championship or League 1 with low gates.

I have real concern that we may be bottom by the end of October with seriously falling gates and administration will then follow. Even if we are taken over at that point and exit Lowe and Co and enter some money the points deduction will ensure we cannot then excape.

This is really silly. While accepting you have to reduce costs to avoid administration if you sell only those players that will keep you in the Championship then administration will follow anyway i.e. you cannot have a premiership stadium cost in the Championship or League 1 with low gates.

I have real concern that we may be bottom by the end of October with seriously falling gates and administration will then follow. Even if we are taken over at that point and exit Lowe and Co and enter some money the points deduction will ensure we cannot then excape.

Good post. Bizarre that so many cannot see the slightly-bigger picture.

Good post. Bizarre that so many cannot see the slightly-bigger picture.

Going into administration guarentees losing points. Selling players does not.

I am certainly not going to make any proclaimation about where we'll finish, or even begin to say 'don't worry', because that would be foolish, but if we need to sell more players to stay out of the red then personally I feel it's something we have to do.

And aintforever... we haven't paid out anywhere near as much as 1.5m euros for Schneiderlin yet... it'll be an initially very small amount, increasing over time as appearances increase and other milestones are passed.

Edited by Minty

alpine,why dont you go on the jeremy kyle show,your boring mate,all you ever do is moan.get behind the saints,ffs

We are all entitled to our opinions, our club has been mismanaged for about 5 years...and..we are expected to pay up and keep quiet. Enough is enough.

Sucssesive groups of people are to blame, the spectators are not, we have no divine responsibility to turn up and watch a sub standard team.

And we have to pay top dollar to watch an inferior team ? The fact that Lowe et al expect people to do this is amazing

Inferior in what sense ? because there are no big 'names' playing in our shirt ? in terms of football being played I see more quality not a lesser quality as you suggest, get yourself along today and hopefully you will see how we have a team of players that seem to want to play for our club oppose to big time charlies in semi retirement.

so much negativity,who is to say this bunch of players wont do well for us as the season goes on,weve played one match in the ccc so far and we looked ok,we are no longer a prem club so we have to cut our cloth accordingly.we are entitled to our opinions but alpine is always so negative.

If we go into administration we get points and certain relegation, if you sell the players that can keep us up you get relegation. With administration you get rid of the deadwood directors.

No you don't.

They have the opportunity to "cut" a preferred deal with the administrator and you can end up like Bournemouth.

Broke because your board has no money for a season. Into administration and any cash you get in pays the Administrators hotel bar bill and you get left with no money and whoopee the same directors with no money but trying to get even MORE back than when you were just broke.

Forget it.

so much negativity,who is to say this bunch of players wont do well for us as the season goes on,weve played one match in the ccc so far and we looked ok,we are no longer a prem club so we have to cut our cloth accordingly.we are entitled to our opinions but alpine is always so negative.

A lot of other teams lost on the opening day of the season and never even looked close to scraping a point out of their game.

Don't see their fans slitting their wrists.

This time last year we got embarrassingly destroyed at home by Palace on the opening day and yet we were all on about pushing on for the playoffs.

We were wrong then as well

teams on the verge of admin don't spend 1.5mill euros on an untried French kid.

I agree clubs going into admin don't buy players, but we certainly did not pay that amount up front, I'd imagine it was about £200k tops and the rest is based on the usual things like games and promotion etc.

I am amazed that some cant understand the need for selling?

we are skint, everyman and his dog knows it..what else is there other than cut the most draining part of the business....

...and hope we stay up. Welcome to the last chance saloon. The last of the house-keeping money is going on red (and white).

It's a dangerous tactic, but probably the only one available to us. :(