Ikon and Diva

CabbageFace

If you like R&B and disco then yes. The bars downstairs are quite good for a chillout, Jumpin Jakks or whatever its called now is excatly the same, which made me lol.

The sound system in Icehouse (ikon) is awesome.

They've replicated The Icehouse?Awesome!

indeed..im not into dance music etc much these days but I used to be and soton has to be one of the worst places in the UK for bringing in DJs of any standard that may attract a decent crowd....they tried with "judgement sunday" at Ikon a few years back with judge jules...but that was utter crap

even here in plymouth they have a big name DJ every week in one of the clubs...t is lisa pin up this week i think...and where they play is a right hovel and fairly small...

why on earth that is not done in southampton I never know....

another thing that gets my goat about home is the lack of a decent gig venue..

I remeber that. It's because they dont advertise to the right people. I'm into my dance music alot and have to travel around the country for decent dance nights & dj's.

Ikon / Oceana are only interested in binge drinkers to make as much money as possible, and it does work but then they wonder why they get a bad name and classed as a "chav" venue. They will see the same fall that they did with Ikon after a year or 2

Oceana are not into that. The policy is much different. The bouncers are so much more strict than Ikon

It willl go on the same fall because of the stupid pricing. Even other clubs seem appealing because they are not as pricey.

I haven't been once yet, and I'm not bothered atall as I'm clever enough to realise it wont be much different from Ikon/Diva, which I thought were as good as cancer.

I can't wait 'til novelty wears off and I stop seeing "Oceana!!!!!" photo albums on facebook.

Also, 'tis true that they should actually try to pull in some big names instead of Dave from Shirley playing Neyo and Usher!

Whenever I go out In Liverpool, it always amazes me how much better the night-life is. From the traditional student dives, to the wine bars, to the ****tail hang outs, jazz venues, and mamba rooms, it seems that every taste is catered for. They have venues like walkabout and mood dedicated to keeping the cheese/chav/R'n'b lite crwod away from the rest of the clubs populace, so everybody knows to go anywhere but there.

Whenever I go to Southampton however, it seems to be that the only venues above tiny or small levels are either Ikon, diva or their scaled down clone alternatives. I mean, Unit 22 and Nexus were hardly my choice of night, but at least they offered something different. And before anyone chips in, I regard orange rooms/mono etc. as somewhere to go for a drink at the start of an evening, not the end.

I honestly think that if Southampton followed some of Liverpool's leads on night-life, (as well as how to put your city on the map for the right reasons http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2017912/How-the-Chief-Constable-of-Merseyside-Bernard-Hogan-Howe-cut-crime-again.html

http://www.liverpool08.com/) people could be proud to announce their location again (I'm actually born and raised in Winchester, but you get the picture, and besides, not many people North of Basingstoke know where Winchester is