England on Wednesday

Give it to Ron

I managed to get a couple of tickets for England v Czechs on Wednesday at Wembley and need some advice for best places to park,food, beer etc.

I know there are quite a few regulars on here that follow England so any advice is welcome.

Coming up from Southampton on the M3 is it best to park and tube in?

It's a ****-poor experience, don't bother.

You'll end up on a rammed tube, surrounded by Northerners, or worse, Skates. That'll be followed by sitting next to the most miserable bastard imaginable. You'll probably miss the first few minutes of the game due to those ****ty escalators, but that won't make much difference because it'll be boring anyway.

You'll then have the pleasure of watching Lampard et al under-perform in a near silent ground.

I've had my time following England, it was expensive and disappointing.

It's a ****-poor experience, don't bother.

You'll end up on a rammed tube, surrounded by Northerners, or worse, Skates. That'll be followed by sitting next to the most miserable bastard imaginable. You'll probably miss the first few minutes of the game due to those ****ty escalators, but that won't make much difference because it'll be boring anyway.

You'll then have the pleasure of watching Lampard et al under-perform in a near silent ground.

I've had my time following England, it was expensive and disappointing.

And if you're really lucky you'll get there 90 minutes early to have a few in the bar, only to find out that the bar isn't open!

I don't know about Wembley, but I've got my ticket to watch Belarus Vs Argentina at the Dynamo Stadium (Minsk) on Wednesday night. I'm a bit gutted that they've put the price up for this game though (and I expect the prices to remain at this higher level for the world cup games). I had to pay 6 quid for this game, whereas I only used to 4.50. A bloody rip-off I tell ya!

As for getting there, I have a few options but will probably go 6 stops on the bus from my place, followed by 2 stops on the metro and a 5 min walk to the ground. Afterwards I shall pop into one of the bars in the city centre to celebrate seeing the Argies getting a stuffing (I hope) or to commiserate that they didn't.

Woohoo!!!! I've just realised that I am not a full member (although many people have called me a member on too numerous occasions to mention).

That must mean the snail has finally arrived in Southampton with my cheque!!

Just telling it like it is.

I love England, but travelling watching the football team at Wembley is a bit rubbish.

Well as I actually asked for advice on things like trains, tube, car parking rather than going on a tirade about Fat Frank it wasn't much help especially as I had the tickets and can't return them.

I probably agree with most of what you say anyway but its just keeping a promise to my lad about taking him to Wembley for an England game if his exam results were good and am unlikely to get tickets for a qualifying game.

Well as I actually asked for advice on things like trains, tube, car parking rather than going on a tirade about Fat Frank it wasn't much help especially as I had the tickets and can't return them.

I probably agree with most of what you say anyway but its just keeping a promise to my lad about taking him to Wembley for an England game if his exam results were good and am unlikely to get tickets for a qualifying game.

It's not the cheapest option, but go for the train all the way there and back, and not worry about traffic etc.

Failing that, I'd go for driving some of the way and picking up the tube...

So you are blaming your son.

Great dad!

I managed to get a couple of tickets for England v Czechs on Wednesday at Wembley and need some advice for best places to park,food, beer etc.

I know there are quite a few regulars on here that follow England so any advice is welcome.

Coming up from Southampton on the M3 is it best to park and tube in?

If the game is a little dull I do recommend thinking about leaving a little early. It took forever to get back to the tube. We had to queue outside the tube station for for over 30 mins.

Park at Richmond. if you get there after 2 ish the max you will pay is £6 parking. Catch an overground train to Willesden Junction, change & get the tube to Wembley. Easiest & best way in & out. As someone already mentioned, bit of a nightmare getting out if you leave at full time but I use this all the time for England games.

If the game is a little dull I do recommend thinking about leaving a little early. It took forever to get back to the tube. We had to queue outside the tube station for for over 30 mins.

I forgot that bit. It once took me nearly two hours to get back to Paddington.