Saints v Birmingham - match thread

stevegrant

Looking forward to getting txt weather reports from ericorarabia.

Shame about the press speculation about Davies, the fans seemed to have an air of "hopefully" excitement about them before last night.

Let's hope we get a big crowd, a result and something to build on

Is this game on Satanta?

Cant wait for kick off. Looking forward to our kids surprising a few people. Dont think the result will go our way but if they turn a few of the pundits heads and show we have enough about us for this season I will be happy.

Come on you Reds!!!!

Looking forward to getting txt weather reports from ericorarabia.

Shame about the press speculation about Davies, the fans seemed to have an air of "hopefully" excitement about them before last night.

Let's hope we get a big crowd, a result and something to build on

I'm not so sure about the big crowd, I've just spoken to the ticket office, 17500 tickets sold including season tickets. They are expecting a total with walk ups of about 21000.

Decided to drive today, haven't seen saints sober for years, it will be a nice experience.

UP THE SAINTS!!!!!!!

It's not pleasant.

Anyway, I'll be going. I missed the 1st game of the season last year for the first time in about 17 years last season so clearly saints need me. I'm looking forward to not recognising a lot of our players.

Right ....

bugger this protest against Lowe, I'm going.

I can't resist it. And, the team need all the support they can get if we're going to give Fulthorpe - and most importantly Shearer - the chance to surivive in this league once they are able to take over.

COYR!

Right ....

bugger this protest against Lowe, I'm going.

I can't resist it. And, the team need all the support they can get if we're going to give Fulthorpe - and most importantly Shearer - the chance to surivive in this league once they are able to take over.

COYR!

Well done Robbie enjoy the game.

Are you sure about the takeover

Brum side for those interested, Phillips on the bench... expect him to come on and score later then...

Birmingham: Maik Taylor, Murphy, Martin Taylor, Ridgewell, Larsson, O'Connor, Nafti, McFadden, Owusu-Abeyie, Parnaby, Carsley.

Subs: Kelly, Phillips, Bent, Jerome, Doyle.

THAT is a very strong team

It is indeed, and not devoid of skill either... on paper, a very balanced and capable side that I would expect to be at or near the top, if they can gel (sorry, shouldn't use that word after last season!)

Frankly, I'll be happy with a point today.