Graham Hiley

Minty

From todays report on the OS: "There was a change in the press box too. After 20 years and 945 games covering Saints, website editor Graham Hiley handed over to James Morley before taking over as editor at www.premierleague.com"

I for one would like to wish Graham all the best... he's taken a lot of flack over the years but has always done a good job overall IMO, not to mention being very friendly and helpful to me when I worked with him taking photos for the club.

Onwards and upwards by the looks of things. Good luck Graham.

I should like to wish Graham every good luck with his new job. To stay as long in his job at Saints as he did was an enormous stunt in the development of his talent. He was made for greater adventures and I hope he's not left it too late and this move with really take him places. All the best Graham and a big thank you for all your past Contraversial bits.

By all means, endorse the thanks to Graham and the new job certainly looks like a step up. I'm sure he will do it well. James has been writing for the OS for some time, so he is already up to speed. I wonder if it is down to James' new broom approach that the squad information on the OS is fully up to date for the first time in living memory! If so, well done James, its a good start.

As a budding young journalist Graham Hiley was one of the people that made me want to get into the industry. Reading his articles in the Echo were some of my first footballing memories and, although I've never met him, I have worked with many of his former colleagues and nobody has a bad word to say about him.

Thanks Graham and best of luck in the future

ps. Oh, and if you read this, any chance of a job?

By all means, endorse the thanks to Graham and the new job certainly looks like a step up. I'm sure he will do it well. James has been writing for the OS for some time, so he is already up to speed. I wonder if it is down to James' new broom approach that the squad information on the OS is fully up to date for the first time in living memory! If so, well done James, its a good start.

Perhaps you can ask James to run a spell check every once in a while Professor. You could do the same with some of your posts too!

Hiley would never have been comfortable staying with Lowe back at the helm despite the comments of posters like FloridaMarlin to the contrary.

• 2 weeks later...
Perhaps you can ask James to run a spell check every once in a while Professor. You could do the same with some of your posts too!

Hiley would never have been comfortable staying with Lowe back at the helm despite the comments of posters like FloridaMarlin to the contrary.

You may all think I'm a sad bastard - but it really annoys me that this sort of drivel - http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/article.php?page_id=10500 riddled with grammatical errors and badly written gets posted on the OS - get it together James :evil:

You may all think I'm a sad bastard - but it really annoys me that this sort of drivel - http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/article.php?page_id=10500 riddled with grammatical errors and badly written gets posted on the OS - get it together James :evil:

Nope, not sad, unless we both are. I agree with you. James started reasonably fine, but then the spelling and grammatical errors crept in. You can practically spot a hasty shifting of paragraphs to make the article read better. It's ok for a forum, but not for an offical website.

James, find a decent context sensitive spell checker [good luck with that] or get someone who can proof read properly. Now there's a vanished skill.

Btw, good luck Graham Hiley.

Nope, not sad, unless we both are. I agree with you. James started reasonably fine, but then the spelling and grammatical errors crept in. You can practically spot a hasty shifting of paragraphs to make the article read better. It's ok for a forum, but not for an offical website.

James, find a decent context sensitive spell checker [good luck with that] or get someone who can proof read properly. Now there's a vanished skill.

Btw, good luck Graham Hiley.

Not entirely;-) You seem to have turned a verb into an adjective.

I should like to wish Graham every good luck with his new job. To stay as long in his job at Saints as he did was an enormous stunt in the development of his talent. He was made for greater adventures and I hope he's not left it too late and this move with really take him places. All the best Graham and a big thank you for all your past Contraversial bits.

I thought he was at the Echo first then moved to the OS about what 4/5 years ago. Could be wrong though