Davies to Stoke <Confirmed on Echo>

Glasgow_Saint

Shame a real shame, thought he would have a much bigger price tag something in the region of £4 million but for all we know their could be something in his contract which allows him to go to a Premier League club for £1.3 million or if we didn't get promoted last season.

On the radio JP confirmed that his agent is in talks with Stoke and said it was out of his hands as the player wants to leave and has asked to.

Presenter said he believed it was a clause in his contract.

Although want him to stay be wary after recent false posts of slagging club/board off until we know the facts please.

He was one of our better defenders and its a shame he's gone but I agree with adriansfc that he's not as good as he's been made out to be. He's pretty much got legendary status because he was not as bad as the rest of the team last year. But in the end this sale was probably necessary as well, we needed some cash and with Rasiak, Saga and Viafara not bringing in any fees and Skacel still here we needed to sell someone else. I do hope that a replacement is brought in although maybe we should go for a fullback in stead.

If true, (nothing concrete to go on yet) I would of course be absolutely gutted to lose him, but one player does not make a team. Either we sulk about it, or we deal with it and move on.

In other words, we just put up with any amount of ****e and just get on with it.

Forgive me if I don't agree with you.

If true, (nothing concrete to go on yet) I would of course be absolutely gutted to lose him, but one player does not make a team. Either we sulk about it, or we deal with it and move on.

Do you ever say anything controversial or confrontational?

never were going to get much more than we paid to premiesrship side

why the hell not? Cardiff signed Chopra from Newcastle here he failed to make the grade (or earn a shirt), he then shined in the CCC and went for over £6m.

OK so he's a striker so perhaps the value is slightly higher, but how about Higginbottom going to Sunderland for £3m?

any positives I took from Svensson coming back have been removed by this news. I don't understand why we would put a claus in a contract allowing him to leave for 30% more han we signed him for. Gutted.

Mate we can't put a claus in the contract...claus is gone...you've got to live in the now dude.

Do you ever say anything controversial or confrontational?

That depends on whether you agree with my opinion or not, however I just don't see the point in all these emotional extremes that fly about claming our world will end just because one player might be sold. Jeez, get a grip. Life goes on.

Abolutely gutted. He and Surman were the two players we MUST have kept for this season. Sell all of the others to recover some funds.

He was in the stands at Stoke's game today. I expect it to be confirmed on monday. :( Suicidal move by Saints.

Below pasted from os,

Poortvliet was asked about rumours linking defender Andrew Davies with a move to Stoke and said: "I have heard the rumours but I am not sure exactly what is happening there.

"I have not chance to see him play yet so I don't know too much about him but I think he may have spoken to them but I am not sure

Does that not tell everyone what is going on here and who is calling shots on the playing side.

We all undertand we have to sell players but not to tell the head coach...

bit of joke really and for £1.3m..dear oh dear!!!

Where exactly is this aspect of choice everyone seems to be suggesting?

He's going because we have no money, we'd risk administration to keep him, he wants to go, and supposedly it's written in his contract he can leave for a prem club. Yet still we get the ridiculous drivel about Saints "Deciding" to sell their best player. Evil Lowe deliberately trying to harm the club yeah? Grow up ffs.

Agree totally with this. It is hugely frustrating for the fans of course, but we don't exactly have many options. I would imagine that any player with ambition would have a look at the club in the state that it is in financially, reason whether it would be beneficial for his future to stay here, and then take the obvious option that is earning more money at a different club, in a higher league. How many of us wouldn't do that?

The other problem we have is that other clubs know that we have to sell and will therefore not bump the price up. Those thinking he would go for 4M are in cloud cuckoo land, he's not that good, 2M would have probably been as much as any club would offer and then only just before the transfer deadline.

And judging by the fact they got stuffed by Bolton who didn't know what the net was last season, we'll see Davies back in this division this time next year. And yes, we will be in it too.

So who is it going to be next?

John?

Davis?

Scacel?

Thomas?

Euell???

Surman?

When they are all gone do we start selling the best youngsters

Spiderman

Gillett

I heard a rumour, no more, that Euell was up at Sunderland training all week with a view to a move. Has anybody else heard anything?

Well you can understand why 8000+ fans including myself stayed at home today.Totally fed up with Saints.If Davies goes I will go very little this season unless some loans or new signings are brought in.Worryingly I'm falling out of love with Saints and the defeats are starting to hurt less.In one way if relegation led to a takeover then that may be the only hope for Saints.Lowe and Wilde aren't going to save us from relegation and the only long term hope is investment imo

Selling players like Davies will not get the fans back.At this stage I plan to go to St Marys less as I hate seeing Saints lose week in week out and although they will try with a wafer thin squad we will lose most games and certainly be relegated.Yes they are playing better this season but i fear we will regularly play pretty well but end up losing.

Football is a results only business the result is key and how will the kids morale cope if we lose the next 3/4 games

Well you can understand why 8000+ fans including myself stayed at home today.Totally fed up with Saints.If Davies goes I will go very little this season unless some loans or new signings are brought in.Worryingly I'm falling out of love with Saints and the defeats are starting to hurt less.In one way if relegation led to a takeover then that may be the only hope for Saints.Lowe and Wilde aren't going to save us from relegation and the only long term hope is investment imo

Selling players like Davies will not get the fans back.At this stage I plan to go to St Marys less as I hate seeing Saints lose week in week out and although they will try with a wafer thin squad we will lose most games and certainly be relegated.Yes they are playing better this season but i fear we will regularly play pretty well but end up losing.

Football is a results only business the result is key and how will the kids morale cope if we lose the next 3/4 games

There speaks the voice of reason. Why is it that other clubs get relegated from the PL and everybody tips them for instant promotion beause of the 'parachute payments' whereas we fritter away ours on Woodward and dithering?

If Lowe has sold him for £1.3m then i am in total disbelief. Sure he has been injured for a few months but he is worth a hell of a lot more then that, christ even Thomas cost more then Davies. Total shock if this happens.

Edited by St Marco
So Matt Understands i ment Thomas cost more then Davies not Thomas cost more then £1.3m