How important is a win at derby?

Mr X

Even derby managed a draw today.(I don't know what I mean by this statement)

Just wondered what the general consensus is regarding getting are first win at derby? I think it's really important to get our first three points on the board so that are youngsters don't lose heart. Can you see it happening?

Based on how close the first two games have been against teams probably better than Derby, a draw seems very realistic, and any game where scores are equal can always go either way, which is effectively what has happened so far. The team are not without points for having been outplayed so they have as good a chance of winning as Derby have. Derby have home advantage but we very nearly cancelled that out at Cardiff, so why not at Derby.

all i hope is that we take a better team to derby with a better bench!!!

notable absentees today were BWP, dyer, wotton , euell, and davies , I think we might have won today if we had these players playing or on the bench! the kids got tired at half time and gave up when we conceded the first goal which is not good enough

all i hope is that we take a better team to derby with a better bench!!!

notable absentees today were BWP, dyer, wotton , euell, and davies , I think we might have won today if we had these players playing or on the bench! the kids got tired at half time and gave up when we conceded the first goal which is not good enough

Like f*ck the kids gave up, how can you come to this conclusion??

I watched the Bristol City vs Derby match on tele, and lets hope Derby play like they did in the first half, because if they do we will embarrass them. You could say it was bit like our first two games, Bristol dominated the first half and should have been out of sight, but the failure to score the second let Derby back into it. They were not good but more robust and organised in the second half.

Lets not lose the faith. Think of this time last season and back then I thought it wouldn't get any better and it didn't. This year I honestly believe it will. I for one am going to derby and you never know, we might just surprise the doubters and derby. COYR's.

A win at Derby would do wonders for the confidence, but in the long run it isn't too essential. I think we've been very unfortunate with our opening 3 fixtures this season, and I can't think of a much tougher start in truth.

I'm positive that points will come if we keep going as we are and play with no fear. Remember, the league table means nothing at this stage of the season either, with one win putting us in 9th.

There's still a VERY long way to go so lets not press the panic button just yet, although it will be a big relief to get our first win under our belts. Fingers crossed we can get one over Derby, I'm sure we owe them for that playoff game still . . . ;)

I'm positive that points will come if we keep going as we are and play with no fear. Remember, the league table means nothing at this stage of the season either, with one win putting us in 9th.

There's still a VERY long way to go so lets not press the panic button just yet,

How many times were these comments,or similar, made last season ????????

I think in the context of the overall situation, i.e. Derby without a league win in 34 games, us looking for a bit of revenge for the play-off defeat, etc, it's a "must not lose" game rather than a "must win" one. Given the strength of the respective squads, I think a draw would be a creditable result and one we can build on.

A win would be fantastic. A draw would be a good result. A thrashing would be disastrous and I don't think that we would recover it. None of these is as important as a good win over Blackpool, seeing as there is a two week gap to QPR away followed by Ipswich home. Let's hope that Birmingham play their reserve team in the cup, like we shall.

Can't say I expected anything from the first three games of the season. I expected Birmingham to muller us and was pleasantly surprised when they didn't - and downright pleased at the manner in which we played. A win at Derby will be a much needed morale boost, but I don't think it will define our season if we don't get a result.

Blackpool at home however is another matter. If we don't get a result from that I may even take alpine_troll off the ignore list because we really will be in a bit of trouble.

Edited by SaintDonkey
missing matter

We will win this game without a doubt. 3 nil to the Saints.

This is an important game. A win will lift confidence and a defeat for Derby could see them sapped of confidence and hopefully have a big struggle this season.

Edited by slickmick