Time for some fans to feck off...

Legod Second Coming

Just got back from the game (via a 50th Birthday party) and thought I would share with you that if you inted to come to games again and simply sit somewhere near me and lambast every fecking pass, every attempt at good football, every move that breaks down because a pass is intercepted and every shot that misses, will you do me a favour??

Go down to the Red Funnel Terminal, find that log pier that runs alongside it, tie two lead weights to your feet and fecking well jump in...

I am pig sick of people who think it is their God-given right to slag off footballers despite them clearly trying as hard as they fecking well can against a much more experienced and professional side.

FWIW I thought we played the better football for 70-80% of today's game and were undone by some poor defending and a little naivety (both of which are far from irreperable).

When a senior pro at the end of his days picking up the wages doesn't put in the effort, slate the basket. When youngsters put their all in and still come up short, do the thing it says on the tin 'support them'.

Thank you, good night. Rant over.

(Well done to the vast majority who did support them and showed their appreciation at the end, shame we have so many armchair pundits whose money might have staved off the loss of Andrew Davies, c'est la vie...).

Couldn't have put it better myself..

The lads tried harder than all those 'hasbee' last season,

They had improved since Cardiff as well.

I think when they get it together properly and someone learns to be a striker, we will do well against a lot of teams in this league.

Some of the best footballi have seen at Stmary's in a long time in that first half ...

but with another striker (Rasiak) going on loan are strike force is getting even weaker than it already was.

Good post, and agree entirely. I'd much rather see a side full of young, hungry players who are willing to give their all to the cause.

If we continue to play like we have done in our opening 2 games, then the points will come. It's just a shame we've had to play 3 promotion contenders in our opening 3 matches.

Keep the faith guys and support the team, we will come good. Don't expect miracles, but if we play as we have done to date, then there is no reason why we can't secure a mid-table spot come the end of the season.

I know your pain, I got sat infront of this moaning arse wipe in block 5 today for the 3rd time in the last year. You know the type, whiney voice that grates on you alllllll game, really wanted to say something but I did that last time and he hadnt learn so sod it.

I'll move next time though lol.

I know your pain, I got sat infront of this moaning arse wipe in block 5 today for the 3rd time in the last year. You know the type, whiney voice that grates on you alllllll game, really wanted to say something but I did that last time and he hadnt learn so sod it.

Hmm I didn't realise alpine saint drove back from Austria for the game!

Good post. As I said in another thread:

Just back. Definitely the best Saints performance in the first half that I have seen in a few years, great one touch passing, Gillett and Schneiderlin in control, Lallana some great touches and DMG and Holmes stretching Brum's defence.

OK, we mucked up in the 2nd half, but the goals were the fault (if anyone's) of our more experienced players and for large parts we outplayed Brum who were largely long ball merchants.

We will certainly thrash a few teams at SMS and with the team learning all the time and am very confident that JP will be a success.

At the end of the day Brum have a Prem team and will be in the top 3 or 4 come May, we won't be, but will certainly be in the CCC.

For those who moan yet haven't seen the matches (and probably don't intend to) this is a Saints team that play good, entertaining football and play with passion. IMO we were miles better than with a load of journeymen pros who are more bothered about their pay packet.

Get behind the lads and go and see them play before judging them, you may actually be impressed.

If you want a bunch of robotic fans who even cheer when their star striker farts, go to China. There has always been and always will be a mixed bunch of supporters who react differently, that is human nature.

At least those moaning are still paying to be there and assisting the club in staying solvent or perhaps you would prefer a quarter full stadium

One of my mates brought his brother yesterday, he just happens to be a teacher up country he will come to games when it is schools holiday time. Well yesterday was the first time he sat next to me, had a quiet word with my mate after the game, are you sure he is your brother because the sunt never stopped moaning all game.

Unfortunately it is a trait of the British that you only notice when you aren't there.

The Whingeing Poms the Aussies call it.

Think the "noticing it" bit happends when you stop watching the News (which is alays BAD and always a DISASTER), reading "papers with an opinion" or maybe simply by stopping watching soaps.

You realise that everything is always angled as bad news and it just affects your outlook on life in general, it's programming. (Nobody watches Skynews for 8 hours a day for GOOD news, only when 9/11 type things happen)

It isn't anything new, I recall Terry Paine getting abuse because he was old, slow and past it. Steve Williams being booed and called an idiot. Alan Ball having his name booed when the teams were read out. Even Le Tiss got stick when he made his debut in a pre-season game at Salisbury and missed about 3 open goals & one on one's

Southampton just "seem" to have more of them than any others, but I can also tell you, I once stood on the kop watching them play Sunderland and the sh*t they gave some of their players made anything I'd heard at the Dell or subsequently at SMS sound tame.

A former American boss of mine once said something very true.

Life is like a Carousel ride.

You can choose to sit down and enjoy the view or sit down and complain that the seat isn't very comfortable or that the paintwork is chipped.

If you don't like the paintwork, hop off at the hardware store and buy some. Ain't nobody else going to do it how you want it.......

For many a trip to the football allows them to get their negativity off of their chests.

Can't blame anyone, because after all, in the past years when has going to see Saints actually made us feel good? Maybe two or three times a season out of what 40+......

I thought the fans got behind the team pretty well, from where I was sat.

I believe it is right to get behind the youngsters 100%, however where do we stand regarding the Manager. I thought not to have a striker on the bench and it appeared no plan B, was an error, in my opinion. Had NP or GB done this, they would be getting all sorts of stick on here. If he keeps making errors like this, surely we are allowed to voice our frustrations, or should we get behind him regardless?

Fear not - if we keep selling our best player alot of fans will be "fecking off"

You might get a stand to yourself b4 long!!

Do you support SFC or the hero of the moment?? The senior players are there for a pay check and wish for a PL club to take them.Those kids pull our shirt on with pride and excitement to play in front of us.Yes they hope it will lead to greater things for them but their first thought is to play for our shirt.

Give them slack and forget players who are going on to better things.

We are not going to play too many teams with the fire power, especially off the bench, that Birmingham had. They will win the league through their manager and the bench.

I can see our lads beating a few teams quite comfortably this year and I look forward to that.

We do look suseptable at both full-back positions against pace and trickery but few teams will have a Quincy, Bent or a Jerome.

I really enjoyed yesterday and in particular as Le God says, watching the lads give it 100% right to the final whistle. Made such a difference to the narrow, long ball, one-dminesional passionless displays we saw so often last year from the supposed 'senior players'. Frankly I hope the remainder of those 'senior' players feck off asap and leave our coaches and proper players to carry on the good work they have begun.

Do you support SFC or the hero of the moment?? The senior players are there for a pay check and wish for a PL club to take them.Those kids pull our shirt on with pride and excitement to play in front of us.Yes they hope it will lead to greater things for them but their first thought is to play for our shirt.

Give them slack and forget players who are going on to better things.

Nick I will always support SFC, i except that player will come and go. However i may find it hard to travel the country and pay out £ after £ to support a side full of last years youth team and reserves. I suspect I wont be alone.

19,000 at home to Birmingham - how many for the Blackpool game in a few weeks?

The saving made by selling Davies will be lost in a few weeks by drops in gate revenue......false economy and further evidence (IMO) of Lowes poor management of our financial mess.

We need investment fast or our club will be dead!

Nick I will always support SFC, i except that player will come and go. However i may find it hard to travel the country and pay out £ after £ to support a side full of last years youth team and reserves. I suspect I wont be alone.

The saving made by selling Davies will be lost in a few weeks by drops in gate revenue......false economy and further evidence (IMO) of Lowes poor management of our financial mess.

Why are you down on the young players. If we had a spending spree in the summer and had bought MCG Lallana Gillette etc etc you would not say the same. We'd have given them more slack.They are Saints players and have been at the club for many years and so have an affinity to the club and fans.Yesterday who let us down most? It was the high wage earner who had to be taken off as he was tired (jans words) and missed the chance that would have changed the course of the day.Im not against Stern but just using him as an example of the 'stars' not doing what the kids did, they competed.

That's exactly how I see it, Lowe never see's the value in keeping a player only the value of him when sold. It's completely poinless saving a few hundred grand here and there on wages if it results in relegation and the millions lost as a result, much better stay up and be in a bit more debt.

Why are you down on the young players. If we had a spending spree in the summer and had bought MCG Lallana Gillette etc etc you would not say the same. We'd have given them more slack.They are Saints players and have been at the club for many years and so have an affinity to the club and fans.Yesterday who let us down most? It was the high wage earner who had to be taken off as he was tired (jans words) and missed the chance that would have changed the course of the day.Im not against Stern but just using him as an example of the 'stars' not doing what the kids did, they competed.

I am not down on the kids not one bit, I think you mis-understand what im saying. I've been to both league games this season and have been encouraged by what I've seen. I have supported them 110% and will continue too. However the results don't lie and as it stands we are joint bottom!

My anger Nick is more with Lowe and his arrogance - he is gambling with fans loyalty and is day by day removing any optimism I am/was building. The sale of Davies for 1.3m is 100% a kick in the teeth to all Saints fans.

Me and my mates talked after the game about the positives from the game - we all agreed that when Davies returns we will have a decent side (maybe with one or two loan signings too) I then look on my phone at the echo website to see "Davies deal confirmed" and I felt gutted......that was no way to reward the 18,000 that attended yesterday!

Davies was the fans player of the year ffs - to sell him for 300k more than we bought him for is ridiculous

Edited by Glasgow_Saint

I am not down on the kids not one bit, I think you mis-understand what im saying. I've been to both league games this season and have been encouraged by what I've seen. I have supported them 110% and will continue too. However the results don't lie and as it stands we are joint bottom!

My anger Nick is more with Lowe and his arrogance - he is gambling with fans loyalty and is day by day removing any optimism I am/was building. The sale of Davies for 1.3m is 100% a kick in the teeth to all Saints fans.

Me and my mates talked after the game about the positives from the game - we all agreed that when Davies returns we will have a decent side (maybe with one or two loan signings too) I then look on my phone at the echo website to see "Davies deal confirmed" and I felt gutted......that was no way to reward the 18,000 that attended yesterday!

Davies was the fans player of the year ffs - to sell him for 300k more than we bought him for is ridiculous

I do understand your point but to me it is no different to us losing KJ this time last season, it was a kick in the teeth and that is when GB came out and said it was going ot be a hard season and we were looking for a mid table finish.Of all our players KJ was the one GB didnt want to lose.

Davies is a good defender it would be interesting to see the goals against and points gained etc when he played.

I do understand your point but to me it is no different to us losing KJ this time last season, it was a kick in the teeth and that is when GB came out and said it was going ot be a hard season and we were looking for a mid table finish.Of all our players KJ was the one GB didnt want to lose.

Davies is a good defender it would be interesting to see the goals against and points gained etc when he played.

The sale of KJ was made easier because we got silly money + SJ. We also had Rasiak & Saga at the time.

We are speculating on the sale of Davies being just 300k more than we paid - take out Middlesboro's cut and we may even make a loss on the fella.

The sale of KJ was made easier because we got silly money + SJ. We also had Rasiak & Saga at the time.

We are speculating on the sale of Davies being just 300k more than we paid - take out Middlesboro's cut and we may even make a loss on the fella.

I see that point but it is a buyers market and we dont know the full picture.As somebody has stated above something I had not thought of is that we are probably due to pay another installment on his fee.It is not all black and white.

Seeing the crowd yesterday was more depressing than the AD sale. Why can we fill a stadium of badge kissers against Sheff utd, have an exhillerating result and then the next competitive match half have gone.

still wearing those rose tinted glasses then nick

No not rosetinted, pragmatic.If we all turn against the kids we will definately fail.Support them and nuture them and we may come out of this.For years I have had fans say we wanted to have players who care for their shirts, we have the closest we are going to get and you still moan.

The 27 years in the PL is a weight that still hangs around our necks because so many have never seen us play in a lower league and so have a feeling that we have divine rights to beat all comers.

i had some fat bastard sat 3 rows in front of me moaning for the whole game only his hatred for the ref and linesman outweighed is unhappiness at our team.i sincerely hope he is not a season ticket holder otherwise i will seriously have to consider changing my seat or pushing the fat arsed fvcker down the stairs.

everybody is entitled to a moan but to moan for the sake of moaning is a nonsense.

Good post, and agree entirely. I'd much rather see a side full of young, hungry players who are willing to give their all to the cause.

If we continue to play like we have done in our opening 2 games, then the points will come. It's just a shame we've had to play 3 promotion contenders in our opening 3 matches.

Keep the faith guys and support the team, we will come good. Don't expect miracles, but if we play as we have done to date, then there is no reason why we can't secure a mid-table spot come the end of the season.

saw plenty of plus points and enjoying the football but abit worried about our small squad.

I thought the kids played brilliantly yesterday for about 80% of the game ...poor finishing and some draft defensive errors costs us... get that sorted and they'll surprise everyone

I hoped for two points from our first three games .....so losing the first three will not entirely surprise me if we don't get anything next weekend! What I hope is that confidence doesn't fade and that some of the saddo fans don't start giving the kids are hard time....

Just got back from the game (via a 50th Birthday party) and thought I would share with you that if you inted to come to games again and simply sit somewhere near me and lambast every fecking pass, every attempt at good football, every move that breaks down because a pass is intercepted and every shot that misses, will you do me a favour??

Go down to the Red Funnel Terminal, find that log pier that runs alongside it, tie two lead weights to your feet and fecking well jump in...

I am pig sick of people who think it is their God-given right to slag off footballers despite them clearly trying as hard as they fecking well can against a much more experienced and professional side.

FWIW I thought we played the better football for 70-80% of today's game and were undone by some poor defending and a little naivety (both of which are far from irreperable).

When a senior pro at the end of his days picking up the wages doesn't put in the effort, slate the basket. When youngsters put their all in and still come up short, do the thing it says on the tin 'support them'.

Thank you, good night. Rant over.

(Well done to the vast majority who did support them and showed their appreciation at the end, shame we have so many armchair pundits whose money might have staved off the loss of Andrew Davies, c'est la vie...).

You could always be the first to....

I sit in the Kingsland and never heard a single boo nor was there any particular negativity!

Compared to last year there was a real buzz around me and the general feeling was that the lads had done their best and showed great potential ! At the end of the game there was applause, which given that we lost, was pretty unusual to say the least !

Maybe I was just lucky and there were no prats around me but I got the impression that the fans were quite prepared to give the young lads every chance to settle into this league !

Two games into a season where we play two of the heavyweights and we lose by a goal both times when we were unlucky to draw against Cardiff and had John's goal gone in we would've beaten Birmingham? I've got optimism for this season and I think with our juniors we've got good basis for the future. We've just gotta get results which will come soon when the players get used to the way JP is doing things and after the transfer window settles down. You can't flog the guys that are out there trying, only the ones that aren't and that will always be obvious to see.

Personally, I would prefer the managers in the stands to refrain from using the most obscene words that the English language has to offer around young children, but the only comments I really object to are racist abuse.

Whilst you feel free to use them against anyone with a different view to you on internet forums?

Good post. As I said in another thread:

Just back. Definitely the best Saints performance in the first half that I have seen in a few years, great one touch passing, Gillett and Schneiderlin in control, Lallana some great touches and DMG and Holmes stretching Brum's defence.

OK, we mucked up in the 2nd half, but the goals were the fault (if anyone's) of our more experienced players and for large parts we outplayed Brum who were largely long ball merchants.

We will certainly thrash a few teams at SMS and with the team learning all the time and am very confident that JP will be a success.

At the end of the day Brum have a Prem team and will be in the top 3 or 4 come May, we won't be, but will certainly be in the CCC.

For those who moan yet haven't seen the matches (and probably don't intend to) this is a Saints team that play good, entertaining football and play with passion. IMO we were miles better than with a load of journeymen pros who are more bothered about their pay packet.

Get behind the lads and go and see them play before judging them, you may actually be impressed.

Most fans who went to the game would agree with that.

If we keep playing like that, we will give someone a real tonking, then watch the confidence grow.

I was sat in front of some bugger who spent the entire game moaning that Holmes (who I suspect is the new Jermaine Wright) wasn't good enough to wear the shirt. Every time a Saints move broke down it was Holmes's fault even if he hadn't been involved. After one particularly loud and vicious rant I was relieved when his mate pointed out to him that the player who'd give the ball away was Lallana rather than Holmes. Sadly it didn't stop him ranting.

Yeah, have you ever been on a day-trip, or a day out or something like that - 10 or so people, but one person spends the whole time moaning - this isn't good enough, that isn't how I would have done it, why didn't we go that way? Just whinging, whinging, whinging constantly, nit-picking every single decision.

You get these people everywhere, habitually spoiling everything with their bloody moaning, like a snotty 4 year old. There are a few on this forum - thousands and thousands of posts, about 90% of them whinging and bleating.

I was sat in front of some bugger who spent the entire game moaning that Holmes (who I suspect is the new Jermaine Wright) wasn't good enough to wear the shirt. Every time a Saints move broke down it was Holmes's fault even if he hadn't been involved. After one particularly loud and vicious rant I was relieved when his mate pointed out to him that the player who'd give the ball away was Lallana rather than Holmes. Sadly it didn't stop him ranting.

That was my experience exactly, only with Surman.

At one point Surman moved the ball up the left wing beautifully, carved open an opportunity on the outside, passed the ball inside to Holmes who lost it (when tackled from behind, unfairly imho) and then Surman (on the overlap) was given a roasting from the stands for not getting back.

Only an idiot would fail to comprehend the Usain Bolt could not have tracked back from that position.

But what cheeses me off is not the lack of football awareness, it is that if you intend to berate players for trying their hardest and doing the best job they are simply capable of, what hope have they of ever satisfying some of the morons we seem to attract??

Our footballers are not the best in the world - shock news...

Trouble is, our fans have been brought up on some fantastic players and that is the benchmark, however unrealistic. Personally, I prefer not to barrack any mistakes and like to encourage the young players by creating a positive atmosphere but come guys, we've been supporting Saints long enough to know that every club has it's moaners. Brum will also finish top this year IMO so that has to be borne in mind - I hate Phillips but he isn't a bad sub for the CCC!

If fans want to moan at failure - look at the boardroom: Lowe, Wilde, and those recently departed like Crouch. They are all failures and not good enough to be involved with our great club. Wilde has even managed to fail badly in two different set-ups! Askham is the worst of all though - the club will be better off when that bloke moves into his nursing home and cannot bleed us dry any longer.

Whilst I detest some of the idiot fans when they barrack our team, on saturday the fans were very supportive.Most of us expect to be on the losing end but do enjoy seeing players who really care for the club playing for us, not just a wage and appearance bonus.