Why are refs in the CCC so fat?

Legod Second Coming

May I suggest to all those, and there are many, who constantly abuse refs actually take up the whistle themselves. There is a worldwide shortage of refs so if more people become refs, the quality will also rise. If you are not willing to become a ref , could I suggest you shut the **** up, you are not qualified to judge whether a ref is good or not unless you know back to front all the rules yourself. Also, in a match when an offside is given, unless you are directly in line with the last man, it is IMPOSSIBLE to judge whether somebody is offside or not, this is for all fans that sit behind the goals and in the middle stands.

May I suggest to all those, and there are many, who constantly abuse refs actually take up the whistle themselves. There is a worldwide shortage of refs so if more people become refs, the quality will also rise. If you are not willing to become a ref , could I suggest you shut the **** up, you are not qualified to judge whether a ref is good or not unless you know back to front all the rules yourself. Also, in a match when an offside is given, unless you are directly in line with the last man, it is IMPOSSIBLE to judge whether somebody is offside or not, this is for all fans that sit behind the goals and in the middle stands.

Hello David Elleray

I was a qualified referee( albiet before i had an argument with the fa)

The people here arent arguing over wrong rule decisions. It was quite plain to see the referees are over weight and not running very fast. Then the linesman and the referees were contradicting themselves.

This obviously leads to abuse from fans and quite rightly so, but how then can the fa expect people to want to become refs when they as a unit are so incompetent

The people here arent arguing over wrong rule decisions. It was quite plain to see the referees are over weight and not running very fast. Then the linesman and the referees were contradicting themselves.

This obviously leads to abuse from fans and quite rightly so, but how then can the fa expect people to want to become refs when they as a unit are so incompetent

Quite right.

well i dont think you have to be a ref to say if ones **** or not,specialy when every single ****ING game its always against us and nothing against them

In a nutshell, everything that is wrong with the attitude of the modern day fan. Do you honestly think, and I mean thinking as an adult here, that refs actually go out of their way, and now I'm talking about the relative size of our club, and delibrately make decisions against us. Do you think that a ref sees his appointments, sees Southampton and thinks well I better give every decision to the other team?

Could you please further explain this contadictory notion that you mentioned between the referee and the linesman.

Also if you think that the refs deserve abuse, then I question what sort of person are you. Nobody if the world deserves to be abused, particulary in a game. I'll let you in on a little secret as well no extra charge. This occured during grassroots football earlier this year. My brother was recently diagnosed with a mental illness (bipolar) but continued to ref to keep up his fitness. Some 'fans' decided that it would be fun to abuse him, and he is only 16. He suffered a breakdown and spent the next 3 months in hospital.

Could you please further explain this contadictory notion that you mentioned between the referee and the linesman.

Also if you think that the refs deserve abuse, then I question what sort of person are you. Nobody if the world deserves to be abused, particulary in a game. I'll let you in on a little secret as well no extra charge. This occured during grassroots football earlier this year. My brother was recently diagnosed with a mental illness (bipolar) but continued to ref to keep up his fitness. Some 'fans' decided that it would be fun to abuse him, and he is only 16. He suffered a breakdown and spent the next 3 months in hospital.

Sorry about your brother, but abusing an amateur at grass roots level is entirely different from taking the micky out of a "professional" who is clearly well overweight.

Generally, I have no problems with refs getting things wrong. I do honestly believe these things often balance out.

However, a bloke who weighs 14/16 stone and is sweating after the warm-up is not fit to referee (or run the line) by the true meaning of the word 'fit'.

If I was a ref, which I am not, I would make sure I could keep up with the game by laying off the pies and spending a little more time in the gym.

A factual observation my friend - condolences to your brother.

You dont have to be a referee to see who is too fat to keep up with the play, when that lino went on the big screen yesterday i was shocked to see the state of the officials we had been given to ref a big ccc game like that.

The guy at Cardiff last week was a fatty as well, if he was as fit as me he would have seem that the Cardiff winner never crossed the line.

These guys are professional now and are compensated amply for their work, is it too much to ask that they stay trim?

The guy at Cardiff last week was a fatty as well, if he was as fit as me he would have seem that the Cardiff winner never crossed the line.

These guys are professional now and are compensated amply for their work, is it too much to ask that they stay trim?

you may "seem" yourself as fit but you can't proof read your own posts, skinny

The flagging of a throw in by the linesman one way, ignoring the ref who had already signalled the other.

No i do not think refs deserve abuse, but after doing it myself i realise its part and parcel of the game. Im more than willing to shout at players/refs etc on a saturday so i should be prepared to recieve some back its the state of the world we live in. But as a referee unfortunately you need to be thick skinned and ignore the abuse, most players dont even remember saying it.

And as for the overweight issue this thread comes from, it quite clearly was a valid point.

As for your brother, thats very sad to hear. On a side note i assume your from hampshire? It is worth contacting them if your brother wants to go back in to reffing and asking about the centre of excellence/academy reffing. Its much more structured, a higher level of football and there is next to no abuse.