WARNING AVG is having a problem

Saint in Paradise

Taken from neoseeker.com:

Confirmation that the problem is with AVG, as suspected by the fact that everyone was affected at the same time, and not the individual users: This is copied from the AVG Free Forum.

"Currently the update for AVG Free v8 is corrupted... you will have to wait for AVG Technologies to address the issue with the update.

Reporting the issue again by other users here will not do any good util it is resolved.

The updates that your AVG currently have will still provide the protection it is setup to detect. In otherwords, just getting this update will not make your AVG Free ineffective and as soon as AVG Tech resolves the issue you will be able to update to the current virus definitions at that time.

So in short... please do not post to report the issue, its already known. Also please be patient until AVG Technologies can address the issue."

I managed to fix mine, manually download the 2 bin files from their site, update and browse to the folder, it will install and then when you click the normal update button, it will say no updates and there will be no error message.

Oh ********!!

Thought I had a corrupt version so uninstalled it. Now the AVG website doesn't have an AVG free to download.

Although it might not be immediately obvious, when you get the option to OPEN or SAVE a download, always save it and install from the saved download, unless you are 100% sure you'll never need to download it ever again. It almost always can always be updated. And if it momentarily can't, at least you have the core program immediately on hand, doing a far better job than no program at all.

I dont get any problems at all & I dont use virus software. I just know how to use the net.

Must admit that on one of my computers, which I'm currently experimenting with because it has a dodgy graphics card, there is no protection at all beyond my router's hardware firewall, and I haven't had a single viral problem with it, when I buzz about on the net.

The graphics card, on the other hand...

I dont get any problems at all & I dont use virus software. I just know how to use the net.

Me to I use a MAC. (Ah the sweet smell of a smug mac owner. I can just sit back and smell my own farts all day long. some of you may get this reference some may not)

However as part of being a MAC owner I notice when browsing that certain websites try and download applications for windows without you even knowing the only reason I know about it as a little box pops up and says this is an unknown file type.