Anthiny Pulis in part exchange for Davies.

derry

Anthony Pulis in part exchange for Davies. It is believed that he will be signed, he has 25 league appearances, 6 at Stoke and loan spells at Torquay, Plymouth, Grimsby and Bristol Rovers after starting at Portsmouth. He has just recovered from a broken metatarsal. He played against us in the friendly. (from the Pink)

Anthony Pulis in part exchange for Davies. It is believed that he will be signed, he has 25 league appearances, 6 at Stoke and loan spells at Torquay, Plymouth, Grimsby and Bristol Rovers after starting at Portsmouth. He has just recovered from a broken metatarsal. He played against us in the friendly. (from the Pink)

This was in the news of the world.

No thanks - would rather keep Davies. Just read this on the Ugly Inside

http://www.clubfanzine.com/southampton/v2.showNews.php?id=13369

great article - well done Nick.

until fans understand 'being close to bankrupt' we will carry on fretting about offloading high wage earners.

I rate Davies and am disappointed that he might be sold, but he is subject to lots of injuries as he goes full throttle inot everything.Boro fans told us that he is good but gets injured a lot because he goes into tackle alm,ost recklessly.

Heads up a decent result will lift the spirits

until fans understand 'being close to bankrupt' we will carry on fretting about offloading high wage earners.

I rate Davies and am disappointed that he might be sold, but he is subject to lots of injuries as he goes full throttle inot everything.Boro fans told us that he is good but gets injured a lot because he goes into tackle alm,ost recklessly.

Heads up a decent result will lift the spirits

I suspect you knew about this deal a while back Nick? I recall you hinting towards his sale and predicting higher forum use yesterday (coincidence?)

I suspect you knew about this deal a while back Nick? I recall you hinting towards his sale and predicting higher forum use yesterday (coincidence?)
No I first heard of the interest on here. I do know that no player on high wages is sacred, and will be sold if there is a decent offer. A collegue who went for a meal with LC and another director just before RL came back, they said that the bank would support us but we had to sell everything that moved.Under any chairman in the state the club is in players were to be sold.

It will carry on until the window closes, I just hope we can get there without losing some of the promising kids.

No I first heard of the interest on here. I do know that no player on high wages is sacred, and will be sold if there is a decent offer. A collegue who went for a meal with LC and another director just before RL came back, they said that the bank would support us but we had to sell everything that moved.Under any chairman in the state the club is in players were to be sold.

It will carry on until the window closes, I just hope we can get there without losing some of the promising kids.

when does the window close?

There has to be a point which was made in the article when the loss of fans through the turnstiles is a greater burden than the saving of income of the odd good player we are trying to sell. This is the very situation that some people cannot see. Selling off the silver is only a short term solution, with much greater financial implications at the turnstiles

Isn't it that a clause has been activated in Davies' contract (he can leave if a PL club submits an offer of £x)?

He has also informed the club he would like to go.

Therefore, are we not powerless? Genuine question as there is so much mis-information out there I am losing track what and where I have read it.

There has to be a point which was made in the article when the loss of fans through the turnstiles is a greater burden than the saving of income of the odd good player we are trying to sell. This is the very situation that some people cannot see. Selling off the silver is only a short term solution, with much greater financial implications at the turnstiles

My guess is it's not just his wages, but the fact there will almost certainly be further installments due on his transfer fee - very few fees are paid up front.

Of course that has to be factored in but we are dealing with now, and now is not very pretty looking financially.

If fans put AD ahead of the club then thats a sad situation.I dont think he is ready for the PL at present as his height and pace is not quite there.No doubting his bravery and will to win and Id rather keep him but 'the king is dead, long live the king'

ps He has to pass a medical and to do so will be an achiement considering his long layoff.

Isn't it that a clause has been activated in Davies' contract (he can leave if a PL club submits an offer of £x)?

He has also informed the club he would like to go.

Therefore, are we not powerless? Genuine question as there is so much mis-information out there I am losing track what and where I have read it.

And your mis-information?

He's followed his dad around from Pompey to Plymouth and then to Stoke. He's injury prone and pretty useless, certainly not any better then what we already have(!) He was a couple of years ahead of me at school and never looked anything spectacular, even back then!!

If this is true then surely someone is having a big laugh at Saints expense.

Davies going is to do with costs/wages, that I understand but part exchange for someone who is not in the same class as our youngsters then forget it.

What the hell is going on with Saints as I am slowly losing heart after trying to go with the flow.

To sell Surman would be another kick in the teeth and my Dentist will have nothing left to play with.

My daughter will be gutted.

this is all well and good but lowe may not be able to do anything about him leaving,it is probably in his contract to leave if a prem club comes calling.

even worse he could be one of the players earmarked by the bank to sell on as he is a high earner and has the potential to wipe out a few debts.

either way i cant see him staying,why would he?

there is nothing here for him.

played against him when i was at school. He played centre midfield and He wasn't that great then i was all over him and the bastard went in late on me so i went in late on him after and he didnt like it much and didnt come back again. funny as i was only telling someone that i couldn't believe he was going to be playing in the prem yesterday ... seems like he wont be.

not a good signing imo if he hasnt improved since he was 15 anyway ... winky thing

Yep. The tide is turning. Pleased to see more people waking up to the dangers of shirt-term book-balancing.

I'll ask again, what is your alternative strategy? Nobody likes what is happening, but it is not us calling the shots, its the financiers.

Pulis is a poor poor player. Never broken into a team properly, just the odd few appearances. Nowhere near good enough, but I suppose he can claim to be a premiership player now, so obvious we'd want him. Hmmmm. Hope he's not part of the deal, better getting all the money we can. Hardly a youngster at 24 either (although that sentence depresses me).

yea should sell that light weight Schneiderlin instead! ;)

if we are unlucky with injuries we will end fielding schoolboys and getting murdered in this league.I hope some loan signings will be allowed by Lowe if we do have injuries as we will have no squad depth.

As i have said before we might play well but will regularly lose and will be relegated by the end of feb.Just being a realist before all the fans who think everything will turn out fine.Just who will we finish above.I can't find one team even Doncaster,Blackpool and Barnsley and Plymouth look far better bets.I notice we are already 4th favourites to be relegated.

Why don't we argue the toss with the bankers and tell them that we need to keep some quality in the squad and regrettably the quality players cost a bit more than the youngsters and are a necessity if we are to progress as a club by at least staving off relegation.

If the bank manager doesn't accept the argument, then we could ask him how much dosh he's on and why the bank needs to be paying him quite so much money. He'll undoubtedly respond that he earns that much because he is good at his job, has experience, wisdom and seniority, thus shooting down in flames his reasons for asking us to use younger, less experienced and less capable players. ;)

I'll ask again, what is your alternative strategy? Nobody likes what is happening, but it is not us calling the shots, its the financiers.

How about that we just take a fee for Davies and not accept second rate footballers as part payment.

I understand that we are in the financial crap, but what good is going to come out of bringing in second rate players apart from certain relegation.

Do you think JP knows we are (allegedly) signing Pullis?

Of course he does ........ I expect he was banging on Lowe's door, insisting he got "young" Pulis, because he could quite easily fit him into his already "well assembled" young CCC Team

If " young Pulis" come straight into the First Team, it will make a complet MOCKERY of what Poortvliet has been doing so far, but a fair indication that Poortvliet too is no more than a "puppet" of Lowe's

I can accept the "young" Saints we have been watching, but NOT "Sell one and play thereplacement "

Yet another example of how LITTLE Lowe really knows about a Football Team

gillett is our worst player. fact.

I haven't been over fulsome in my praise of the youngsters, but I'm prepared to give credit where it's due. Gillett has been one of the young players who have impressed me most. He is a real terrier in midfield. He reminds me a lot of Nicky Butt. I'm quite content with us playing him and I could see him as another youngster who would attract attention by the January window if he continues to play as he has so far. Naturally we wouldn't heistate to take an offer for him, as we will probably have Pulis Jnr. to step up to the plate.:rolleyes:

Why don't we argue the toss with the bankers and tell them that we need to keep some quality in the squad and regrettably the quality players cost a bit more than the youngsters and are a necessity if we are to progress as a club by at least staving off relegation.

If the bank manager doesn't accept the argument, then we could ask him how much dosh he's on and why the bank needs to be paying him quite so much money. He'll undoubtedly respond that he earns that much because he is good at his job, has experience, wisdom and seniority, thus shooting down in flames his reasons for asking us to use younger, less experienced and less capable players. ;)

He'd be more likely to say, "I don't give two hoots, I want my money back. Sell everything you can or I'm pulling the plug."