Unluckiest footballer in recent times?

stevegrant

Valery Bojinov did his cruciate ligaments 8 minutes into the 3rd game of last season and missed the rest of the season.

This season, he's lasted even less time, snapping his achilles tendon in the warm-up before today's game against Villa, and is likely to be out for 6 months.

Can anyone think of any other footballer who's had such ridiculous bad luck with major injuries?

I would say he was stupid, not unlucky. Professional sportsmen should not be taking cocaine.

True, but a 17 million punishment is over the top IMHO. What does he have to do with the fee anyway? Its not like he would be receiving that money. Maybe Parma should pay up for delivering a faulty player (mentally)?

True, but a 17 million punishment is over the top IMHO. What does he have to do with the fee anyway? Its not like he would be receiving that money. Maybe Parma should pay up for delivering a faulty player (mentally)?

I kinda agree, Paul Merson got sent to rehab and Lee Sharpe got sent to Italy to play for Sampdoria...hard punishment huh?

This is the Lounge guys. Some of us have paid £5 so we don't have to read **** like this. There are plenty of other sites around if you don't want to pay and just post rubbish. Don't ruin the site for those who want to pay subscriptions and discuss things sensibly.

In my opinion, Bojinov is not only the unluckiest footballer, but also the worlds unluckiest man. When he was born the umbilical cord wrapped around his neack and he was choked for a minute. This mean that he lost the use of his left hand and this has never come back. He has also lost one of every pair of socks he has ever owned.

This is the Lounge guys. Some of us have paid £5 so we don't have to read **** like this. There are plenty of other sites around if you don't want to pay and just post rubbish. Don't ruin the site for those who want to pay subscriptions and discuss things sensibly.

In my opinion, Bojinov is not only the unluckiest footballer, but also the worlds unluckiest man. When he was born the umbilical cord wrapped around his neack and he was choked for a minute. This mean that he lost the use of his left hand and this has never come back. He has also lost one of every pair of socks he has ever owned.

the start of your post is kinda hypocrital when you look at the end of your post!

i'd like to add woodgate to the list. whilst not in bojinov's league he is a bloody good defender who just cant stay fit long enough....