Sea Fishing

Dog

OK, I am supposed to be going on a fishing trip from Lymington to the I.O.W. fishing for Bass.

I have just had a text to tell me the trip is off because it is blowing a gale of Force 6.

Can anyone confirm this as I don't live anywhere near the coast and I am £80 lighter and p1ssed off.

OK, I am supposed to be going on a fishing trip from Lymington to the I.O.W. fishing for Bass.

I have just had a text to tell me the trip is off because it is blowing a gale of Force 6.

Can anyone confirm this as I don't live anywhere near the coast and I am £80 lighter and p1ssed off.

I live in lymington and as i look out my window the trees arn't moving at all !

Skipper Eric said, ' I'm not a (unt the weather is going to change for the worse. Expect major tide and swell for tomorrow.'

Jillsaint you are an old trout, and Hamster you are a pollock.

Edited by Dog

Do fish go on strike if it's blowing a bit if a breeze then? I've heard it all now.

No the fish don't strike as they are all from Southampton. The trip has been cancelled because of the weather conditions and it will be too rough to travel as it is going to be very windy and rough seas apparently.

The fish in the sea get scared and they will all be hiding in an octopus' den.

iconrolleyesap0.gif

Shame I didn't see this at the time. I could have pointed you to the Bramble Bank data sender:

http://www.bramblemet.co.uk/(ucy1wiy02bwgvw45ceugkk45)/Default.shtm

Click on more details, in the main window, and you'll find that indeed it was gusting to F6 today [sunday afternoon]. If the leaves are being stirred in your back garden, it could be blwoing a gale out in the Solent.

Force 6 isn't actually a gale though. It's officially just a strong breeze. It's a bit of fun on a sailing boat in the Solent, as it is so shallow, and therefore choppy water. Bit of a bugger in a little fishing boat though, I'll bet. Out in open water, it's no big thing, except in the same size fishing boat, I'll bet.

You were probably well out of it.

http://www.zetnet.co.uk/sigs/weather/Met_Codes/beaufort.htm

BTW, don't make the mistake that what is Force 6 at sea is going to be Force 6 on land. All those land undulations, trees, buildings, and whatnot get in the way. At sea there's nothing to dissipate the wind. In fact, the sea state can be much worse if the wind is against the tide. So an F6 at sea maybe only F2-3 on land.