What is the point of Micheal Wilde?

Long Shot

If, as it seems, Lowe is taking most, if not all, of the "big" footballing decisions at the moment it begs the question what is the point of having Michael Wilde as Southampton FC chairman? Does he actually do anything apart from the odd bit of PR on here and step in when Lowe is on holiday?

According to another thread on SWF, yesterday he had no idea of who was being sold and who wasn't. You would have thought the Football Chairman would at least be kept in the loop, otherwise just what is the point? Lowe might as well hold both positions - at least it would be one less tea cup to wash up after board meetings.

Sandie Shaw sang a song about him.

Ha ha nice one ESB - you must be a "barefoot" child of the 60s.

Seriously though, I know his shares were neccesary to oust Crouch but at the end of the day I would feel a tad embarrased with the title of Southapmton FC Chairman while being kept in the dark with footballing decisions. In fact I would be a lot more comfortable outside the tent at present, sitting in an executive box and putting a few pennies into the club coffers.

He's resigned out of the blue once before (so as not to hinder investment as I recall) so he could always "do the double".

Let me give you my view.

First, it was a marriage of convenience in an attempt to stave off probable Administration.

Lowe is the "paid" employee. Wilde is non executive.

Lowe was on holiday until Thursday so I assume the Stoke interest was the agent telling the club Davies wanted to go and then Stoke making contact with the club to follow up.

Wilde arrives on Saturday and is confronted before Lowe has spoken to him (I know there is such a thing as a mobile phone or email) and says he knows nothing and then allegedly backtracks and says he has just heard Lowe tell a friend.

Wilde has a non executive position in the club as Football Chairman but Lowe makes the executive decisions taking advice from all on the board.

So pointless that he comes on here and reads comments without having the guts to defend himself or even answer some of the many questions people have from him. What a chump.

Why should he defend himself from some of the ****e posted on here.

Mr Wilde would be best advised to keep his own counsel or reply throught the proper channels at a fans forum or the Official site.

Let me give you my view.

First, it was a marriage of convenience in an attempt to stave off probable Administration.

Lowe is the "paid" employee. Wilde is non executive.

Lowe was on holiday until Thursday so I assume the Stoke interest was the agent telling the club Davies wanted to go and then Stoke making contact with the club to follow up.

Wilde arrives on Saturday and is confronted before Lowe has spoken to him (I know there is such a thing as a mobile phone or email) and says he knows nothing and then allegedly backtracks and says he has just heard Lowe tell a friend.

Wilde has a non executive position in the club as Football Chairman but Lowe makes the executive decisions taking advice from all on the board.

Lots of assumptions there. I go along with the theory that he is a non-entity.

I thought his position would mean he's the public face of Southampton and do things like the Solent forum. So far there's been 3 posts informing us he flew with Flybe to the Exeter game.

And frankly that is more than enough!

How many other football club chairmen post on an innernetz message board FFS??

He should spend his time chairmaning the football club not waste it on here - that's our job ffs!!

And frankly that is more than enough!

How many other football club chairmen post on an innernetz message board FFS??

He should spend his time chairmaning the football club not waste it on here - that's our job ffs!!

Yeah, Wilde off our site.

Only joking Mike, I am always available for any freebees in the suites on match days. Please give me a ring and I will tell you about some of these posters.

Why should he defend himself from some of the ****e posted on here.

Mr Wilde would be best advised to keep his own counsel or reply throught the proper channels at a fans forum or the Official site.

Yeah, but there again he declined his invitation to the Solent Fans Forum, didnt he?

I think we all know he was only using the SOS to re-establish his 'fans' position and thus regain control [with lowe]....

There's something in the back of my mind about what Wilde apparently told Adrew Cowen following the SOS meeting. Did the SOS team tell Wilde they wanted him back or did Wilde make this up?

It cost the ***** 2.5 million to throw his hand in with a total failure.

Where do you get this figure from?

How much did Lowe and Cowen pocket when Wilde forced them out?

How much did the Execs cost to get shut of?

The *****'s confused me. Thought you were talking about club funds, not the shares Wilde bought. That said if you add the amount Wilde has cost the club to the amount he spend it only compounds his failure.

Do you? I certainly don't. Is there anything which makes you think he means well?

Yes, the fact that he doesn't have to give any of his time to the club, or put himself in a position where the moronic fringe heap abuse on him. If he didn't mean well and have Saints future at heart, he'd spend his time doing something else.

His role is also fairly obvious. Lowe is Chairman of WH Ireland a city Stock Brokering firm, based in Manchester, which has a turnover of more than £40m and which manages funds of £1.75bn. Lowe is clearly busy with his business commitments and needs support to run SFC, so that sharing the chairmanship role with Wilde, given that they need each other's shareholdings to control the club, not only makes sense but is probably essential to their partnership.

Yes, the fact that he doesn't have to give any of his time to the club, or put himself in a position where the moronic fringe heap abuse on him. If he didn't mean well and have Saints future at heart, he'd spend his time doing something else.

His role is also fairly obvious. Lowe is Chairman of WH Ireland a city Stock Brokering firm, based in Manchester, which has a turnover of more than £40m and which manages funds of £1.75bn. Lowe is clearly busy with his business commitments and needs support to run SFC, so that sharing the chairmanship role with Wilde, given that they need each other's shareholdings to control the club, not only makes sense but is probably essential to their partnership.

LOL

Of course he doesn't HAVE to give up any of his time, and of course he COULD do something else instead.

The real question is, why does a Liverpool fan buy so many shares in SFC in the first place?

Are you Scooby in disguise?

IMHO

Wilde is a very decent guy.

But IMHO he saw his investment going well south and decided that Lowe was his only salvation.

I really hope it works, but

I'm now awaiting the next chapter, all in the knowledge that there are very very strong individuals out there ready to make sure this club never dies.

All IMHO of course

Morph

Ha ha nice one ESB - you must be a "barefoot" child of the 60s.

Seriously though, I know his shares were neccesary to oust Crouch but at the end of the day I would feel a tad embarrased with the title of Southapmton FC Chairman while being kept in the dark with footballing decisions. In fact I would be a lot more comfortable outside the tent at present, sitting in an executive box and putting a few pennies into the club coffers.

He's resigned out of the blue once before (so as not to hinder investment as I recall) so he could always "do the double".

Your last point is one which I also have an issue with.

How long before he realises that he's just a puppet? How long before Lowe tires of him? Then who will run to LC for a supportive arm around the shoulder and "never mind mate, you and me, with all our shares, can oust that dirty rotten scoundrel". Then, as Jimmy young used to say "Orft we jolly well go" as the merry-go-round again gathers momentum!

I'm now awaiting the next chapter, all in the knowledge that there are very very strong individuals out there ready to make sure this club never dies.

Talk is cheap (as we have seen before many, many times) please pass on this message - either put up or shut up and stop trying to derail the club at every turn....

Did anyone else notice how nicely pre-season was going, how settled the club seemed to be (considering the circumstances) and how little information was leaking from the club...suddenly a few days before the season is about to begin and we start to hear whispers of takeovers etc

IF these very very strong people are in anyway behinid this i'm not entirely sure they have the clubs best interests at heart.

All IMHO

Fact, as opposed to opinion is hard to argue against, isn't it. Its much easier just to resort to some juvenile name-calling.

Well you sing from Scoobys songsheet so why take offence at a reasonable assumption?

Talk is cheap (as we have seen before many, many times) please pass on this message - either put up or shut up and stop trying to derail the club at every turn....

Did anyone else notice how nicely pre-season was going, how settled the club seemed to be (considering the circumstances) and how little information was leaking from the club...suddenly a few days before the season is about to begin and we start to hear whispers of takeovers etc

IF these very very strong people are in anyway behinid this i'm not entirely sure they have the clubs best interests at heart.

All IMHO

I'm looking forward to a fantastic season under Lowe and Wilde.

All I'm saying is that if it all goes well south we will be in for a soft landing.

Hope that clarifies things.

Kind Regards

Morph

All I'm saying is that if it all goes well south we will be in for a soft landing.

Kind Regards

Morph

Why do you have to be looking forward to a fantastic season under Lowe and Wilde? Why can you not be looking forward to a fantastic season, watching young, home grown players who are passionate about our club?? If only some of the fans were as passionate about supporting our teams as they are supporting their personal vendettas with Mr Lowe and Mr Wilde........

With regards to your south point - with a statement like that, your very very strong friends are obviously not that strong then.

Thanks for the clarification though, enjoy your season.

IMHO

Wilde is a very decent guy.

But IMHO he saw his investment going well south and decided that Lowe was his only salvation.

I really hope it works, but

All IMHO of course

Morph

LOL, this must be the 21st century equivalent of body snatchers I take it. As the only way they will afford it is to quietly dig up the corpse in the mid of night. Nowadays, it's standard practice to have a post mortem, so when they recover the body, it will be missing most of it's main organs. For someone that cares so much for the club, they really must enjoy Russian roulette to take it this close to the wire. Either that or they are just a bunch of chancers with a paper bag to **** in.

If, as it seems, Lowe is taking most, if not all, of the "big" footballing decisions at the moment it begs the question what is the point of having Michael Wilde as Southampton FC chairman?

Did you really expect anything else............Lowe has an Ego bigger than Canada, and no-one, and I mean no-one, willbe telling him how to run our club.

Kind Regards

Morph

Excellent.

So there's no takeover in the offing, but there are people waiting in the wings to buy the club on the cheap once we go into administration.

If, as it seems, Lowe is taking most, if not all, of the "big" footballing decisions at the moment it begs the question what is the point of having Michael Wilde as Southampton FC chairman? Does he actually do anything apart from the odd bit of PR on here and step in when Lowe is on holiday?

According to another thread on SWF, yesterday he had no idea of who was being sold and who wasn't. You would have thought the Football Chairman would at least be kept in the loop, otherwise just what is the point? Lowe might as well hold both positions - at least it would be one less tea cup to wash up after board meetings.

Don't want to spoil the party but MW is the General on the Hill. RL has been sent in with the troops to either pull off an unlikely victory or die on his sword. Didn't believe it myself until told by one ITK.