rumours that dont go away

lordswoodsaints

i see the shearer rumour has raised its head again in the NOTW...

this rumour has been doing the rounds for sometime and really doesnt stand up, shearer would want money to spend in the same way as keane did when he took the sunderland job.

unless there is somebody willing to plough money in then shearer will not be coming.

so where did it come from?

and why does it keep on coming back?

i did hear the same thing about shearer from somebody inside the club and somebody in the media about a month ago but chose not to post it as i thought it was complete sh1te but perhaps,just perhaps there is some truth in it and that is the reason it keeps on coming back.

no smoke without fire and all that.

i see the shearer rumour has raised its head again in the NOTW...

this rumour has been doing the rounds for sometime and really doesnt stand up, shearer would want money to spend in the same way as keane did when he took the sunderland job.

unless there is somebody willing to plough money in then shearer will not be coming.

so where did it come from?

and why does it keep on coming back?

i did hear the same thing about shearer from somebody inside the club and somebody in the media about a month ago but chose not to post it as i thought it was complete sh1te but perhaps,just perhaps there is some truth in it and that is the reason it keeps on coming back.

no smoke without fire and all that.

Paul Allen has re-ignited his interest - didnt you know ?

Probably made up by someone in a Shirley pub who heard about the make-believe Dave Merrington thing.

It's all just collective wishfull thinking, when the ship you are in is sinkng fast you have to believe there will be somone saving you or you will just go nuts and top yourself.

I expect the Shearer thing was just sombody putting putting 2+2 together and making 5 because of his links with Merrington.

If a large multi-million pound consortium we going to take over I doubt they would just sit back and watch all our decent players leave for peanuts then take over. If Andrew Davies goes for a song we can guarantee that there is no takeover in process.

Also I doubt any serious investors would choose Merrington to head it, likewise if he was involved I doubt he would be having to earn a few extra quid doing commentry for some two bob local radio station.

However on a positive note, IMO if there was a serious money takeover then Shearer would the sort of person they would hire. I also think it's the sort of job Shearer would want. It's thinking like that which starts these sort of rumours though.

I heard someone say (at the match) that a consortium would be looking around on monday, and that they would want to bring Shearer in as their manager.

Ahhhhh welcome back Lifelongsaint - god how we have all missed you....!!!!!

I heard someone say (at the match) that a consortium would be looking around on monday, and that they would want to bring Shearer in as their manager.

This is what I have heard as well meeting at Staplewood tomorrow.

Sounds like this latest rumour 'evidence' is going to be easy to coorborate then.....tomorrow we have one SWF spy based at St Marys and one SWF spy camped outside Staplewood. Take some pictures when the convoy (or floatila) arrives and, hey presto, conclusive evidence by close of business on Monday. And we get another earlobe guessing contest on here to boot.

I know, I know....'Monday' isn't as sexy as 'Friday' but Friday has become much over-rated IMO.

Get behind the "Takeovers now happen on Monday" crusade.....FFS

Edited by trousers

Sounds like this latest rumour 'evidence' is going to be easy to coorborate then.....tomorrow we have one SWF spy based at St Marys and one SWF spy camped outside Staplewood. Take some picture when the convoy (or floatila) arrives and, hey presto, conclusive evidence by close of business on Monday. And we get another earlobe guessing contest on here to boot.

I know, I know....'Monday' isn't as sexy as 'Friday' but Friday has become much over-rated IMO.

Get behind the "Takeovers now happen on Monday" crusade.....FFS

Mondays are the new Fridays!

When you say "someone at the match" do you mean a bloke sat behind you in the Kingsland stand or someone of actual importance and if so who?

It was someone in the Ambassadors club. Shortly after they announced Davies was leaving.

I've never started an "ITK rumour", and i'm not claiming to be ITK now. Just passing on what I heard.

I met somebody today who I have known for a very long time. We got to discussing Saints and I told him of rumours of a takeover by a certain consortium and he told me that he knew that this was in the offing six months ago, he had been told about it then and sworn to secrecy. As it was something that I obviously knew about, it was plainly fairly common knowledge, so we could discuss it openly together. This friend is at a level of business that makes me believe that he certainly would move in circles of influence where he might catch wind of this sort of information and his word has my complete trust as a source.

I really do hope that there is some genuine substance to these rumours and that the upshot is that we get shot of Lowe and his cohorts and the Quisling Wilde for good.

If there was to be a conspiracy theory, my fertile imagination would have Lowe and Wilde selling all the family silver, i.e. any player of any quality, so that the task is made far more difficult for the prospective new management. If that resulted in further relegation and the new people couldn't make a go of it, then there would be Lowe and Wilde waiting to pick up the pieces....

Nightmare scenario!:mad:

If you were in a position to takeover the club, why would you wait until the season had already started to do it? Unless they are expecting it to take so long that it will be January before it's completed?

Otherwise it seems odd timing, in that they will not be able to change anything when not in a transfer window. All they could do is sack the manager and bring in somebody new, who would have the same squad to work with but would have to start from scratch with no prior knowledge.

If you were in a position to takeover the club, why would you wait until the season had already started to do it? Unless they are expecting it to take so long that it will be January before it's completed?

Otherwise it seems odd timing, in that they will not be able to change anything when not in a transfer window. All they could do is sack the manager and bring in somebody new, who would have the same squad to work with but would have to start from scratch with no prior knowledge.

The QPR takeover happened last Sept. They took full advantage of the loan window (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_football_transfers_Winter_2007-08)

Therefore I wouldn't worry too much about the 31st Aug transfer deadline.

Freddie Shepherd as Chairman eh??

link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddy_Shepherd

In March 1998, Shepherd and Douglas Hall were the target of a News of the World exposé, led by the “Fake Sheikh” Mazher Mahmood. The pair, believing Mahmood to be a wealthy Arab prince trying to set up a business deal, were caught mocking the club's own supporters for spending extortionate amounts of money on merchandise, calling female supporters “dogs”, and mocking star striker Alan Shearer by calling him the "Mary Poppins of football", all while frequenting a brothel.

lol.

Hmmm now where have we heard about dodgy sheikhs from Dubai before on here then

Actually it is well known in footballing circles (well the NOTW) that Ashley is looking to sell up. I would have thought that it was clear to anyone that Frediie Shepherd travelled to SMS to gain advice on how to mount a successful return takeover bid from our own resident expert on the subject

Mike Wilde

lol.

Every saints fan should pray for this takeover to happen.Anyone who doesn't isn't a true Saints fan imo.Lowe & Wilde may save this club from administation but not relegation aswell.

We are truely screwed with lowe and wilde as they have no money to end our nightmate and will continue to sell everything they can to reduce our debts and save their own money.

Unless we bring in 3/4 loans to cover injuries that will happen to our wafer thin squad we will be relegated by a mile.