Fallout 3

Thedelldays

Brilliant game. It's very similar to Oblivion, but the gameplay is a bit faster, you use guns etc.

For £20, it's an absolute steal. You'll never forget, the first time you take a raiser's head off with the railway rifle or encounter one of the behemoths.

I don't much like explosive weapons either, it's too easy to damage yourself in the process.

I actually think the most useful gun in the game is the Lincoln Repeater, basically a souped-up hunting rifle. It does loads of damage and can be repaired using ordinary hunting rifles. You can find it in the Museum of History in DC. It uses Magnum ammo, which can be a little difficult to find though. You can soften up most targets from a distance. If they still manage to get up close (it takes an awful lot to take down a deathclaw), then a few combat shotgun blasts to the head should finish them off.

kill the lot outside, and rest on the bed there for a few hours (and if a kid comes upto you asking to help him in his town, dont do it yet unless you want to be a BBQ for a few giant ants)

put on some of the armor you find when you kill them, if your lucky one of them will have a hunting rifle and some ammo, you should be able to clear put the building with that. i think there are about 10-12 people in there.

kill the lot outside, and rest on the bed there for a few hours (and if a kid comes upto you asking to help him in his town, dont do it yet unless you want to be a BBQ for a few giant ants)

put on some of the armor you find when you kill them, if your lucky one of them will have a hunting rifle and some ammo, you should be able to clear put the building with that. i think there are about 10-12 people in there.

Not forgetting to activate the robot hidden on the opposite side of the market from the entrance - he's usually good for a couple of enemy kills.

• 2 weeks later...

I got this for xmas, and I agree it's very difficult to survive the early firefights. I just avoid everyone and take long-range potshots with my laser pistol. Also 120 caps to 'sleep' with that bird was a bit steep, it meant I couldn't repair the laser pistol too :(

I got this for xmas, and I agree it's very difficult to survive the early firefights. I just avoid everyone and take long-range potshots with my laser pistol. Also 120 caps to 'sleep' with that bird was a bit steep, it meant I couldn't repair the laser pistol too :(

where did get a laser pistol from

im still running around with the standard gun...no wonder im ****

• 5 months later...

Only just got this recently for PC, it crashes all the ferking time. After scouring teh innernetz for a fix there doesn't seem to be one either. Balls. Currently working my way through the Wasteland Survival Guide quest and i'm in the Irradiated Metro Station with Cherry (who I picked up from Dukov's place...muahahahahaha).

T'is a bloody good game.

Quailty game,

the plasma rifle is the ********, a must have for turning mutants into a steaming pile of green goo.

I also 'saved' cherry from Dukov's place, only for her to get her head blown off by the Mute's down the road.

Also i was half way through before i realised you could use the quick travel, guted.

Quailty game,

the plasma rifle is the ********, a must have for turning mutants into a steaming pile of green goo.

I also 'saved' cherry from Dukov's place, only for her to get her head blown off by the Mute's down the road.

Also i was half way through before i realised you could use the quick travel, guted.

Ouch....

Quailty game,

Unfortunately for her she's just been chowed down on by some Feral Ghouls in my game...dumb b!tch running away everywhere. Wasn't going to Rivet City anyway! :D

Just earned the title 'Ranger of the Wastelands' too, which makes me feel all nice and warm inside. Still going to blow up Megaton though, I want that apartment in Tenpenny Tower!

Has anyone else experienced the frequent CTD's (crash to desktop) that i'm getting with this game? If so, have you found a fix? It's getting to the point where the game is crashing every 5-6 minutes.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got this about a week ago off ebay on the cheap, absolutely fantastic game...13 hours in at the moment upto level 9...just keeps getting better and better, with each quest surprising me more and more with the inventiveness and intuitiveness of their design.

• 3 weeks later...
When you continue can you then rise above level 20?

Found that really frustrating towards the end.

Yes, you can go up to level 30, as long as you have downloaded the Broken Steel DLC package.

I'm not sure if or when the PS3 will be getting the DLC. But the place to ask will be the Fallout 3 forums on http://www.ign.com.

Edited by gonzo

Yes, you can go up to level 30, as long as you have downloaded the Broken Steel DLC package.

I'm not sure if or when the PS3 will be getting the DLC. But the place to ask will be the Fallout 3 forums on http://http;//www.ign.com.

Oh we were supposed to get Operation Anchorage at the end of June, with the other DLC's coming out 4-6 weeks after the previous one was released. However, it was put back due to bugs and it still hasn't been released :(

Oh we were supposed to get Operation Anchorage at the end of June, with the other DLC's coming out 4-6 weeks after the previous one was released. However, it was put back due to bugs and it still hasn't been released :(

I've had a quick squint on IGN, and this should be of interest to you.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/100/1003058p1.html

Broken Steel to be the first DLC for PS3, to be released next month apparently. Check out the article, it gives the reasons behind the delays. :)