Closing the corners, what is the real saving?

Colinjb

I have to ask, because what has actually changed? The bars and refreshment stands are still open, the stewards are still in place and the cleaners afterwards surely cannot cost too much.

I don't understand how the savings are being made!? It was exactly the same near the Kingsland/Northam corner on Saturday, but you couldn't sit on the corner itself......

I'm confuzzled.

I have to ask, because what has actually changed? The bars and refreshment stands are still open, the stewards are still in place and the cleaners afterwards surely cannot cost too much.

I don't understand how the savings are being made!? It was exactly the same near the Kingsland/Northam corner on Saturday, but you couldn't sit on the corner itself......

I'm confuzzled.

Policing costs ?

Apart from the savings it also helps the atmosphere.

18,000 fans spread over 26,000 seats >>> 18,000 fans spread out over 32,000 seats

Well it certainly didn't help the atmosphere on Sat which was rubbish.

The atmosphere in the Itchen corner last year was excellent whereas Sat it was almost non-existant.

"Corner" prices still apply to block 4 in the Itchen North, blocks 10 and 11 in the Itchen South and blocks 34 and 35 in the Kingsland North.

Apologies I was generalising a bit. my point was you would be paying a few quid more to sit somewhere else in the ground. [hangs head in shame] I hadn't done too much seat price analysis :-(

Well it certainly didn't help the atmosphere on Sat which was rubbish.

The atmosphere in the Itchen corner last year was excellent whereas Sat it was almost non-existant.

Having been away on holiday and missing the first game where the corners have been closed i was wondering how it has affected the atmosphere in the ground is it the opinion of the majority it is has had a negative affect i guess in the coming weeks i will find out for my self but i am interested to know what people think.

Apart from the savings it also helps the atmosphere.

18,000 fans spread over 26,000 seats >>> 18,000 fans spread out over 32,000 seats

what? Get back to the retards class - there are still the same amount of empty seats in the ground either way. In fact the empty spaces are more exagerated by having eveyone crammed in like sardines - I just hope you don't get a vote under the grounds of insanity!