San Siro - anyone been?

benjii

Guest Hacienda
Thinking of going to a match there this season.

Anyone got any tips, "dos", "don'ts"?

I'm assuming they only sell out for big games so getting tickets the day before shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers.

The only real things to consider are CL games as they bring their domestics games forward for that and that TV games are usually only decided about 3 weeks in advance so prepare for that.

It's an easy ground to get to, cheap and never an issue getting tickets.

Make sure you know which Milan is playing before buying a shirt.....

Lol - cheers. It'll be Inter.

The only real things to consider are CL games as they bring their domestics games forward for that and that TV games are usually only decided about 3 weeks in advance so prepare for that.

It's an easy ground to get to, cheap and never an issue getting tickets.

Yeah - like a lot of leagues in Europe, matches are subject to late changes. I'll be going on Friday and coming back Monday though so should be fine whenever the kick-off is.

I have been.

There is a tram that leads right up to the stadium. Also buy your tickets from the stadium as alot of fakes go around.

If you can, Take the stadium tour the day before or after.

Watch out for the Mafia

Cheers.

I went to a game for my 18th birthday, Inter v Lazio best advice i can offer is if you are sitting behind the goal dont get to your seat too quickly as there are lots of flares thrown from the tier above on to those seats as the players come out so watch out!!!!

Lol - I went to Sporting v Benfica, Lisbon derby and there was some good flare action:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Le2zZnV1ROw

Can anyone recommend any cheap flight deals to Rome or Milan?

EasyJet is £58 return to Milan at the moment (well, for the dates I'm loking at anyway.)

Have flown to Rome on BA for about £50 each way before.

Guest Hacienda

I've flights booked for September, October (twice) and November (twice) all into Milan Bergamo over weekends.

Most expensive is £30 return with ryanair.

Thinking of going to a match there this season.

Anyone got any tips, "dos", "don'ts"?

I'm assuming they only sell out for big games so getting tickets the day before shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers.

Yeah i went to see Inter play Livorno (Inter won 4-1 - cracking game)

only real tip i can give you is to look into websites like footballweekends or whatever its called (there are a fair few of these) that do flight/matchticket or flight/matchticket/2 nights in a hotel bundles. They're cheaper and easier and usually fairly reliable.

Yeah i went to see Inter play Livorno (Inter won 4-1 - cracking game)

only real tip i can give you is to look into websites like footballweekends or whatever its called (there are a fair few of these) that do flight/matchticket or flight/matchticket/2 nights in a hotel bundles. They're cheaper and easier and usually fairly reliable.

damn not being able to edit posts.

Yeah one further thing i'd add is don't sit IN the Curva Nord (their equivelent of the Northam end) before the game a load of balloons are released that form the Italian flag and there are always the massive banners flares and general spectacular **** from the Ultras and whatnot, stuff that you'll probably want to actually see rather than be in - so best place to sit is 2nd tier but towards the blue seated end - you'll get a great view of the hardcore Ultra's area as well as the playing action.

damn not being able to edit posts.

Yeah one further thing i'd add is don't sit IN the Curva Nord (their equivelent of the Northam end) before the game a load of balloons are released that form the Italian flag and there are always the massive banners flares and general spectacular **** from the Ultras and whatnot, stuff that you'll probably want to actually see rather than be in - so best place to sit is 2nd tier but towards the blue seated end - you'll get a great view of the hardcore Ultra's area as well as the playing action.

Cheers!

Might be an obvious one but make sure you have cash if you're buying tkts at the ground. No cashpoint for miles and they don't accept credit cards (nothing dodgy going on there then).

****ing loud firecrackers as well. And one of the stands (can't remember which) has great views of the Alps in the distance.

Might be an obvious one but make sure you have cash if you're buying tkts at the ground. No cashpoint for miles and they don't accept credit cards (nothing dodgy going on there then).

****ing loud firecrackers as well. And one of the stands (can't remember which) has great views of the Alps in the distance.

Cheers!

If you want to get tickets before hand try http://www.footballencounters.co.uk

another good one for Roma or Lazio games is http://www.romalazio.co.uk

Italian clubs usually announce ticket details a week before the game, and they go on sale 5 days before the match, atleast this is the case with Roma anyway.

Here is details of prices & a map of the stadium sections for the Super Cup game on Sunday Vs Roma to give you some idea on ticket prices per section: http://www.inter.it/it/biglietti/supercoppa08/

Oh and the best hotel website around when it comes to Italy (IMO) is http://www.venere.com

Definitely take your own flares, as they are very expensive to buy outside the ground and even more pricey inside(not in hand luggage if flying).

I went a few years ago and stood/sat on the second tier with the ultras (inter) who are on both levels. Large amount of drug taking and general hi-jinks going on with know police in sight. Also contrived chanting with loud hailer thingy which I found a little annoying. However I enjoyed the chant 'Udinese - Va van coollo' have fun.

Definitely take your own flares, as they are very expensive to buy outside the ground and even more pricey inside(not in hand luggage if flying).

I went a few years ago and stood/sat on the second tier with the ultras (inter) who are on both levels. Large amount of drug taking and general hi-jinks going on with know police in sight. Also contrived chanting with loud hailer thingy which I found a little annoying. However I enjoyed the chant 'Udinese - Va van coollo' have fun.

*Vaffanculo ;)

If you want to get tickets before hand try www.footballencounters.co.uk

another good one for Roma or Lazio games is www.romalazio.co.uk

Italian clubs usually announce ticket details a week before the game, and they go on sale 5 days before the match, atleast this is the case with Roma anyway.

Here is details of prices & a map of the stadium sections for the Super Cup game on Sunday Vs Roma to give you some idea on ticket prices per section: http://www.inter.it/it/biglietti/supercoppa08/

Oh and the best hotel website around when it comes to Italy (IMO) is www.venere.com

Cheers.

I'm just going to go to the ground and get the tickets when I get there. It probably won't be a derby match or one of the big clubs so shouldn't be a problem getting them.

Lol - is that a lesson learnt the hard way? ;)

Whenever I see Italian footy on the telly it always looks as though the OB are itching for an excuse to unleash a baton charge on the ultras - is that not the case then?

When I went to the Lisbon derby there was a mass brawl and also a police charge on the ultras (once they had managed to break through the human blockade that had been speedily erected). :smt075

Whenever I see Italian footy on the telly it always looks as though the OB are itching for an excuse to unleash a baton charge on the ultras - is that not the case then?

I've been to a fair few Roma games in Italy & i've only ever witnessed any trouble once in a game Vs Juve. The media make the trouble out to be a lot worse than it actually is IMO. Sure Italy has a violence problem when it comes to football but it isn't as bad as it is made out to me.

If you are sat in one of the tribuna's (stands along the side of the pitch) you'll be fine. Even sitting behind the goal isn't a problem. I've been in amongst the 'ultra's' before i can genuinley say that the large majority of them are just normal guys who love their team.

I've been to a fair few Roma games in Italy & i've only ever witnessed any trouble once in a game Vs Juve. The media make the trouble out to be a lot worse than it actually is IMO. Sure Italy has a violence problem when it comes to football but it isn't as bad as it is made out to me.

If you are sat in one of the tribuna's (stands along the side of the pitch) you'll be fine. Even sitting behind the goal isn't a problem. I've been in amongst the 'ultra's' before i can genuinley say that the large majority of them are just normal guys who love their team.

Cool - cheers for the advice.

Was at Real Madrid v Roma last year in the Champions League and some of the Roma fans were best avoided!

Guest Hacienda

Yep, same here, except I watch Lazio.

The exception being some of the "political games" when the curvas are best avoided.

Best game I've been to for a while was Mantova v Bologna in Serie B.

Ive been went to watch Inter play Foirentina 6 years ago inter won 4-2 great game great stadium and atmosphere the top tier of the home stand moves when they all start jumping and they have nutters hanging off top tier with bull horns to get the songs going when foirentina came out the Inter fans unfurled a banner that must have been 30' long and said simply Bastardos quality traffic round the ground is mental get to the ground in plenty of time.