Mystery?

Dog

A strange thing happened this morning. I woke up at 6.00am and looked outside to see if it was frosty or not, it was very foggy and damp. After I had made breakfast I went outside to the dustbins and my Audi A4 had all 4 of its windows down to about 3" from the bottom of the window. However the car inside was very dry and I guess the windows had only been opened withing the hour.

The only sign of movement in the street was the big dustbin lorry, could this have any effect on the car electrics to cause it to open all 4 windows?

A strange thing happened this morning. I woke up at 6.00am and looked outside to see if it was frosty or not, it was very foggy and damp. After I had made breakfast I went outside to the dustbins and my Audi A4 had all 4 of its windows down to about 3" from the bottom of the window. However the car inside was very dry and I guess the windows had only been opened withing the hour.

The only sign of movement in the street was the big dustbin lorry, could this have any effect on the car electrics to cause it to open all 4 windows?

Did you leave them open?

I had a similarly strange experience about a month ago. I took my son to school. Parked the car, around the block, and when I returned I found that all the 4 windows were down about 3" and the sun roof was open by a similar amount. The car was locked, it had not been hit (no physical evidence of it) and I couldn't work out why.

I went shopping at Gunwharf in Skatesville once and couldn't lock my old Megane after i'd parked up. Naturally i was annoyed and when i spoke to the parking attendant he told me that it is common for Renaults to have this problem at Gunwharf. It's due to the Navy blocking a certain frequency range which matches Renaults central locking system or something and that the walls amplify this to the car. So just pushing it out of the space helped it start up and i was off. Bloody skates.

I went shopping at Gunwharf in Skatesville once and couldn't lock my old Megane after i'd parked up. Naturally i was annoyed and when i spoke to the parking attendant he told me that it is common for Renaults to have this problem at Gunwharf. It's due to the Navy blocking a certain frequency range which matches Renaults central locking system or something and that the walls amplify this to the car. So just pushing it out of the space helped it start up and i was off. Bloody skates.

Hmmm, well my previous car WAS a Megane (04 model) and I NEVER had a problem. And I don't with my Mazda.

However, there are certain car parks in our home town where Mr TF dare not park his Impreza even though I can park in said car parks.

Where's Ponteh - the fount of all wisdom - when you need him :mad:

Go out to your car and hold the various buttons on the fob down, in turn, for a few seconds each. Most VAG cars have a feature that will open all of the windows if this is done, probably some emergency thing. If the windows do open I reckon you either sat on your keys and activated the appropriate button or the battery is starting to go on the fob.

You are correct!

If you hold down the open button for 3 seconds all windows go down, and up if you hold down the lock button for 3 seconds they go back up. Amazing, I have had 3 Audi's and a VW and never new that.

Cheers for clearing that up Ponty. That must mean the cars windows were wide open from 6.30pm the night before. That would explain the steamed up windows today.

You are correct!

If you hold down the open button for 3 seconds all windows go down, and up if you hold down the lock button for 3 seconds they go back up. Amazing, I have had 3 Audi's and a VW and never new that.

Cheers for clearing that up Ponty. That must mean the cars windows were wide open from 6.30pm the night before. That would explain the steamed up windows today.

Happy to help, Dog.

You are correct!

Dodgy German Electrics. Get an Alfa.

Go out to your car and hold the various buttons on the fob down, in turn, for a few seconds each. Most VAG cars have a feature that will open all of the windows if this is done, probably some emergency thing. If the windows do open I reckon you either sat on your keys and activated the appropriate button or the battery is starting to go on the fob.

I was going to say that. I can do the thing with my VW Touran. It is quite cool if one of your passengers opens a window without you noticing until you have walked away.

So it's not aliens this time then :(