Paula Radcliffe

Thedelldays

WTF...

admitted on telly that she was not ready for the olympics and that she had no chance with the injury she had..

I mean, is this pandering to someone ego or what...she should be made to pay the costs of shipping her out there back as she knew she had no chance with her (basically) broken leg..

what moron picks someone for the olympics with such an injury..

all the crap about paula and no one mentions the brit who finished 6th....and I wonder what girl was left behind just so radcliffe andher ego could go to China..

go team GB..

What annoys me most is the almost complete lack of attention our other runners received during the race. One finished in 6th place, and the other was pushed over and apparently cracked a rib with grazing all over her shoulder and back. Has anyone been able to confirm she cracked her rib..? I'm not sure, but if Radcliffe had sneezed, we'd have known just when and where. That's not her fault, it's our media's infatuation.

For the record, the other GB runners were: Mara Yamauchi [6th], and Liz Yelling [injured].

What annoys me most is the almost complete lack of attention our other runners received during the race. One finished in 6th place, and the other was pushed over and apparently cracked a rib with grazing all over her shoulder and back. Has anyone been able to confirm she cracked her rib..? I'm not sure, but if Radcliffe had sneezed, we'd have known just when and where. That's not her fault, it's our media's infatuation.

For the record, the other GB runners were: Mara Yamauchi [6th], and Liz Yelling [injured].

She finished as well. Not that far behind Paula, within 10 mins I think. It was late and I ahd been drinking so cant be sure

WTF...

admitted on telly that she was not ready for the olympics and that she had no chance with the injury she had..

I mean, is this pandering to someone ego or what...she should be made to pay the costs of shipping her out there back as she knew she had no chance with her (basically) broken leg..

what moron picks someone for the olympics with such an injury..

all the crap about paula and no one mentions the brit who finished 6th....and I wonder what girl was left behind just so radcliffe andher ego could go to China..

go team GB..

So basically you're knocking a British athlete [who admittedly was not at her best], but finished just 6 minutes behind the winner - over 26 f*cking miles!!!! - and also finished in front of 46 other competitors!!!

Wow I would love to perform that well even at the peak of physical fitness - let alone if I wasn't!!

So basically you're knocking a British athlete [who admittedly was not at her best], but finished just 6 minutes behind the winner - over 26 f*cking miles!!!! - and also finished in front of 46 other competitors!!!

Wow I would love to perform that well even at the peak of physical fitness - let alone if I wasn't!!

You forgot to add the world record holder and generally accpeted best female long distance runner ever.

I think people are being to quick to jump on the Paula bashing band wagon.

Using the IOC points system, her marathon world record is apparently comparable to her running a 9.75 100m. That goes to show how imppressive an athlete she really is. Its just very unfortunate that during her career that her two worst periods for form fitness and fallen during olympic years.

I agree that the media gave her too much attention compared to our other runners but you can hardly blame her for that.