March on St Mary's

Master Bates

Seriously?

Right, i have a strong group of just over 1,500 fans ready to go to St. Mary's tomorrow evening! The Daily Echo is willing to cover it and so is BBC Radio Solent and BBC South Today! This is our chance to go down there and sort this mess out, tell the board what we really think and get these so called potential investors to invest!!!

If you're interested sign up at http://www.marchuponsaints.co.uk/de... so we can have a rough estimate of the total of fans coming!! come on join us and take back what is ours, SOUTHAMPTON FOOTBALL CLUB!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A39743094

Oh, the marchuponsaints link doesn't work :D

I won't be in attendance.

Edited by Master Bates

So what you mean is you have mustered up all your mates and a few people you know and you have about 50 people committed to the cause.

Tomorrow you will get the sorry got to take the kids to xyz or sorry picking the wife up from work and that will knock you down to about 25.

So in realty your looking at posts and ill feeling on this forum and hoping you can muster up another 1475 people?

I am sure Alpine will joining your cause. ROFL

What are people protesting about?

Being poor?

Not having enough decent fans who'll come along when we're poor and in the CCC?

Selling players to survive?

Are they going to coerce millionaires into investments? I must be missing something, because it sounds like collective stupidity to me.

It will be embarrassing. The TV and Radio people will roll out a few soundbites from fans.They will bunch them together to get them to sing a few songs like 'swing lowe.' The turnout if small will make it even worse as we will be even more of a laughing stock.

Im sorry I know the person/persons organising it really have Saints at heart but it will get us nowhere.

C'mon Alpine, get your plane ticket now...

I don't know what they are trying to accomplish but maybe those fans should realise that selling players is the only way to avoid things getting worse. We can't wait for investment any more and postpone the hard decision, those have to be taken now and by the looks of it we have a fighting chance with the youngsters so lets all get behind the team instead of focussing on investment etc. We can deal with things like that when they are here.

So what you mean is you have mustered up all your mates and a few people you know and you have about 50 people committed to the cause.

Tomorrow you will get the sorry got to take the kids to xyz or sorry picking the wife up from work and that will knock you down to about 25.

So in realty your looking at posts and ill feeling on this forum and hoping you can muster up another 1475 people?

I am sure Alpine will joining your cause. ROFL

No not me.

Edited by Master Bates

I think (well, hope) this is a gallows humour joke , to make light of our financial situation.

However, if it is not, those involved would do better to organise a March of 15,000 extra saints fans. They could march on the Stadium, March their way through the turnstiles (paying as they march) and then to the 'sit down march' as they cheer the saints on.

To a 2-1 home defeat.

In a match where it is announced our best player is to be sold :-)

P.S. Top bombing on the staed aims of the wind up

This is our chance to go down there and sort this mess out, tell the board what we really think and get these so called potential investors to invest!!!

I can see it now:

MW: "Boss ther iz 12 people outside ya, and zey look preety disgruntallled"

RL: "Cripes! Confounded again! Damn that wastrel Burley. Oh well Michael, best retrieve the money we've been stealing all these years from the Safe we bulit into the original Ted Bates statue, and buy back all the players we sold simply to line our pockets. Oh, and get any of the multitudes of investors on the phone, and this time lets not pretend to be spacemen and make farting sounds down the receiver when they offer to purchase our shares at thrice the value we bought them for".

Glad to see our comrade fans in Germany think it worth spending all that money to come to England.... or is /de now a UK web address?

Or maybe they could just send the cost of their tickets to Eastleigh - should kee us going another few days

uk/de....

Glad to see our comrade fans in Germany think it worth spending all that money to come to England.... or is /de now a UK web address?

Or maybe they could just send the cost of their tickets to Eastleigh - should kee us going another few days

It would be a UK web address if it was ever there at all. The /de bit would be the page on the web address you're going to. Like /forum signifies the forum on saintsweb.co.uk.

Anyway its rubbish.

The only thing that would be good about a march to St Marys by the Moaning Minnies would be if the whole bunch them carried straight on to the Itchen Bridge and jumped off! SFC needs supporters that love their club, not people who spend their whole time slagging it off.

As for the people predicting doom and disaster you do have to wonder how many times they have to be shown up to be wrong before they realise just how stupid they make themselves appear. The reality is that the club is being run with the objective of having the best team available at the most economic cost. That is not the same as having the cheapest team possible. Evidence? Replacing failed journeymen on high wages with enthusiastic, and skilful players who are at least as good if not better, and paying them a fair wage, not an inflated one. Evidence? Scheiderlin, Wooton, Holmes.

Working to a budget means you don’t spend until you have saved. It doesn't mean selling every player you can, but it does mean you can only buy after you have sold. Evidence? Rasiak goes on loan, the club begins negotiating to bring in Jack Cork and targets a replacement striker. Davies activates his release clause and JP announces he is looking for a striker and another defender.

The fact is, it all makes sense, except to those who are so blind they will not see. Some people will complain whatever the club does, and will carry on complaining however well it does this season. Either they need to rethink the negative attitude or reassess why they claim to be Saints fans.

As for the 'Lowe Out' mentality, you'd think that a lesson would have been learned over the past two years. The time for Lowe to leave is when there is someone better, willing and able to take over. Truth is there are no philanthropic millionaires itching to spend money on Southampton FC. Until there is, the fans need Lowe to stay, because without him and with no one to succeed him, if he walked away now, the club would risk meltdown. So to the Lowe Outers, I'd say be careful of what you wish for, in case you get it!

Originally Posted by WUM

Right, i have a strong group of just over 1,500 fans ready to go to St. Mary's tomorrow evening! The Daily Echo is willing to cover it and so is BBC Radio Solent and BBC South Today! This is our chance to go down there and sort this mess out, tell the board what we really think and get these so called potential investors to invest!!!

If you're interested sign up at http://www.marchuponsaints.co.uk/de... so we can have a rough estimate of the total of fans coming!! come on join us and take back what is ours, SOUTHAMPTON FOOTBALL CLUB!

Reg can't make it as he has a bad back.

(Don't wear your best sandals.)

Outside reception after the Blackpool game.

Even if just a few turn up it'll get covered on Meridian/South Today.

From this little acorn we can build a full LOWE OUT campaign.

You could start a chant: -

"What do we want?"

"We don't know!"

"When do we want it?"

"Some time in the future when that takeover thingy turns up"

Oh no, not the same crowd that barracked the board against the re-appointment of Hoddle ?

Mind you might be worth seeing who you are and aasking you if you are glad about your part in the destruction of SFC.

Dalek in Hoddle post shocker!;)