Noisy Eaters

bungle

I work in an office with an exceptionally noisy eater. It is incredibly annoying. I presume that she must eat with her mouth open to be able to make so much noise. Why can't people eat properly.

Someone I used to share an office with used to bit down onto their spoon when eating. This was one of the most painful sounds of all time. I wish I had my own office, where I could shut the door and become blissfully unaware of these events. :(

Edited by bungle
Very poor grammar.

This has to be my most annoying thing, why do they find it so hard to shut their mouths, a guy who I used to work with me said he couldn't breathe through his nose, lame excuse, do they realise how annoying it is to others ? do they believe there is anything wrong in what they do ?

Strange how when my dog eats I find it endearing

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

It's even more hateful when you can see into their gaping maws. It's like a train wreck, you don't want to look but your eyes are strangely drawn to it.

Also, I hate people who bite their nails. It makes me want to punch them between the eyes. Bastards...

What about people eating apples? There is nothing worse than that noise.

I find little wrong in people eating noisy food [crisps, apples, etc..], as it is almost impossible to eat them quietly. But my hackles do rise when I hear that chamming noise of someone chewing with their mouth open, and/or when I accidentally get a view of the food that's moving around in the mouth. Yuck. Why don't they just go elsewhere to eat..?

Edited by St Landrew

I used to work in a call centre and there was a girl who used to make people feel ill she hd such poor table manners (She was american). She was eating packet of crisps and this doesnt normally bother me, but when she ate them (with her mouth wide open) it used to resinate around the pod I was in.

I just flipped one day and to the delight of my team mates shouted 'For f*cks sake Sarah, you're over 10 feet away from me but it seems as if you're eating those crisps inside my f*cking ear'.

Seemed to do the trick!

I used to work in a call centre and there was a girl who used to make people feel ill she hd such poor table manners (She was american). She was eating packet of crisps and this doesnt normally bother me, but when she ate them (with her mouth wide open) it used to resinate around the pod I was in.

I just flipped one day and to the delight of my team mates shouted 'For f*cks sake Sarah, you're over 10 feet away from me but it seems as if you're eating those crisps inside my f*cking ear'.

Seemed to do the trick!

Are you a pea?

It's even more hateful when you can see into their gaping maws. It's like a train wreck, you don't want to look but your eyes are strangely drawn to it.

Also, I hate people who bite their nails. It makes me want to punch them between the eyes. Bastards...

Kin Hell I was chewing my nails as I read this thread :smt098

The worst thing ever invented is definitely

CHEWING GUM!

It is not even a food item yet people 'eat' it, shoving the stuff in their gobs and doing cow impressions.

Please tell me what the point of it is? I am baffled as to why any sane person would pay to look like that. And don't tell me that it is to make your breath smell nice, good dental hygiene does that.

The worst thing ever invented is definitely

CHEWING GUM!

It is not even a food item yet people 'eat' it, shoving the stuff in their gobs and doing cow impressions.

Please tell me what the point of it is? I am baffled as to why any sane person would pay to look like that. And don't tell me that it is to make your breath smell nice, good dental hygiene does that.

A guy in my office does that.

I can't do without chewing gum. Its a habit I guess, but I don't eat it like a **** with my mouth open.

So true. I used to sit opposite a woman who slurped yoghurt each lunchtime and then used her lizard's tongue to lick the foil top of the pot at the end. It was ****ing gruesome but also strangely mesmerising.

....... but I don't eat it like a **** with my mouth open.

Have you seen yourself? I would bet £1.87 that you look silly whilst chewing your gum.

Another thing right, where do you all put it when it's lost it's flavour? How the hell does it end up on the soles of my shoes? Disgusting, disgusting, DDIISSGGUSSTTIINNGG.

Is it still a crime in Singapore, punishable by a sound beating with a bamboo stick? Not enough sound beatings nowadays IMO.

Have you seen yourself? I would bet £1.87 that you look silly whilst chewing your gum.

Another thing right, where do you all put it when it's lost it's flavour? How the hell does it end up on the soles of my shoes? Disgusting, disgusting, DDIISSGGUSSTTIINNGG.

Is it still a crime in Singapore, punishable by a sound beating with a bamboo stick? Not enough sound beatings nowadays IMO.

I put mine in the bin when I'm finished. I have also practised the best way to eat gum, so I don't look like a ***t. An hour in front of the mirror daily does the trick.