Pompey accept Real Madrid Diarra bid

saint_stevo

TBF, £15m-£20m for a player they bought for £5m, a season and a bit ago is great business.

Just can't understand why Wenger let him go without giving him a proper chance.

Exactly what i was thinking! Pretty sure they could use a player like him right now, perfect Viera/Flamini replacement one would have thought.....

Exactly what i was thinking! Pretty sure they could use a player like him right now, perfect Viera/Flamini replacement one would have thought.....

Diarra would have been getting regular games at Arsenal last season had it not been for the massive improvement in Flamini's performances. I suspect Wenger was expecting to be able to persuade Flamini to stay, hence not being too worried about losing Diarra.

Diarra would have been getting regular games at Arsenal last season had it not been for the massive improvement in Flamini's performances. I suspect Wenger was expecting to be able to persuade Flamini to stay, hence not being too worried about losing Diarra.

Hw was wrong, and now left with these 2 turkeys CF mentions below

Also Denilson, Alex Song are quite good replacements.:rolleyes:

Neither of which run a game and dominate like Diarra seems to be able to

they are younger than mcgoaldrought and some reckon he will come good..:rolleyes:

Lol, it just amazes me people expect these 18 year olds to be amazing, they are just kids and have another 10-15 years of football ahead of them!

McGoldrick will become good the moment we sell him and people like you will be made to eat your words as per usual, its not like a saints fan to pick a player and hate him for no reason, i would rather sell BWP, he is truely shocking, he takes after neither of his parents, Kevin Phillips or Ian Wright.

Lol, it just amazes me people expect these 18 year olds to be amazing, they are just kids and have another 10-15 years of football ahead of them!

McGoldrick will become good the moment we sell him and people like you will be made to eat your words as per usual, its not like a saints fan to pick a player and hate him for no reason, i would rather sell BWP, he is truely shocking, he takes after neither of his parents, Kevin Phillips or Ian Wright.

i lol'd

the firesale begins!

Being 2-0 up against AC Milan is without doubt P_mpey's high water-mark, not just for this season but also for a generation (if not ever).

From here on in, the only way is down :smt041

I hope Blackburn employ Avron Grant, I don't like the thought of him taking the fish-fanciers' post when Adams is sacked.

Another question, is it true Arsenal have a 25% sell on fee in place for Diarra?

It must be true, Corpy's gone quiet.

Lassana Diarra’s reported move to Real Madrid could land Arsenal with a sizeable windfall.

The Portsmouth midfielder looks set to complete a £20m deal to real Madrid in January and the Gunners could scoop up to 25% of the transfer fee having insisted on a ‘sell-on’ clause being added to the Frenchman’s contract rather than a buy-back option. It was reported in the summer that Arsenal scooped an approximate £6m from the inflated fee paid by Spurs to Blackburn for out-of-form winger David Bentley in a similar deal.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/11315/Arsenal_to_make_millions_from_Diarra_sell-on.aspx

great business IF TRUE and woulld be mad not to take it whatever their financial position.It is odd how the transfer figure was only 9m yueaterday and today its 24

Never going to be 24million IMO

Nearer the 17 mark i reckon, and they will only get 75%, not enough to keep the wolves from the door

(and no, not Mick McCarthy's wolves)

No real surprise if a substantial offer has come in. I'm just glad that Real haven't taken the **** - they could easily have offered £10m or so and known that straight away Diarra would've wanted to leave and left us in a sticky position. Instead it seems, fortunately, that the offer is a rather generous one.

No real surprise if a substantial offer has come in. I'm just glad that Real haven't taken the **** - they could easily have offered £10m or so and known that straight away Diarra would've wanted to leave and left us in a sticky position. Instead it seems' date=' fortunately, that the offer is a rather generous one.[/quote']

This is the same guy who paid £17m for David Bentley.

lol - believe all you wish boys, do I believe Adams who says he has all the Diarra money to spend (we had money to spend before Diarra sale aswell), or Lauren who has long been known to be bitter and twisted about being bought then not played, attempted to be shunted on but refused and refused to train.

keep clutching boys keep clutching.

remember that obviously everything in the press about Pompey is fact according to you lot, so what Adams says must also be true.

I'd be more worried about League 1 and potential administration if I were you boys and spend less time on Current FA Cup Holders and Top 10 premiership team Portsmouth who have just played in Europe regardless of you think might be happening in January or beyond.

lol - believe all you wish boys, do I believe Adams who says he has all the Diarra money to spend (we had money to spend before Diarra sale aswell), or Lauren who has long been known to be bitter and twisted about being bought then not played, attempted to be shunted on but refused and refused to train.

keep clutching boys keep clutching.

remember that obviously everything in the press about Pompey is fact according to you lot, so what Adams says must also be true.

I'd be more worried about League 1 and potential administration if I were you boys and spend less time on Current FA Cup Holders and Top 10 premiership team Portsmouth who have just played in Europe regardless of you think might be happening in January or beyond.

We're fully accepting of our position, we know we're up the creek and have to sell players in January and the summer. If anything, I'd say you were the one clutching at straws for failing to realise the financial position PFC finds itself in (hint: a negative net assets figure on the balance sheet is not a good thing - even we don't have that yet!) - Tony Adams can talk about having money to spend and not having to sell players until the cows come home, but anyone with half a brain knows that you will be selling sought-after players both in January and over the summer. The reason Adams, Storrie and anyone else connected is saying they don't have to sell anyone is because if they were to say "yeah, fair do's, we do have to sell players", the asking price for those players would go through the floor so you'd get less money in that way, and also the morale of a lot of the fans would also deteriorate to such an extent where they say "well the club's clearly got no ambition anymore, so I'm not going to bother paying through the nose to watch them anymore". The reason I know this to be the case? Because I've seen it all happen here in the last three years.

We're fully accepting of our position, we know we're up the creek and have to sell players in January and the summer. If anything, I'd say you were the one clutching at straws for failing to realise the financial position PFC finds itself in (hint: a negative net assets figure on the balance sheet is not a good thing - even we don't have that yet!) - Tony Adams can talk about having money to spend and not having to sell players until the cows come home, but anyone with half a brain knows that you will be selling sought-after players both in January and over the summer. The reason Adams, Storrie and anyone else connected is saying they don't have to sell anyone is because if they were to say "yeah, fair do's, we do have to sell players", the asking price for those players would go through the floor so you'd get less money in that way, and also the morale of a lot of the fans would also deteriorate to such an extent where they say "well the club's clearly got no ambition anymore, so I'm not going to bother paying through the nose to watch them anymore". The reason I know this to be the case? Because I've seen it all happen here in the last three years.

I don't think any of us sensible types will necessarily say we are not in worrying times Granty. But I do not think we are in quite the financial meltdown the rags would have you believe. Not many clubs in the premiership these days are not in debt. This summer will see us release a fair number of players and release alot of wage debt - sol campbell on 105k per week for starters. However I just cannot see a mass exodus in January (I maybe wrong), maybe in the summer if no buyer is found yes. Some may go in January but we are a small club punching above our weight so for the right offers we prolly should sell.

I still maintain if we are that skint (administration skint) why are the contracts for the training ground being exchanged shortly on a £9M project ? Why were we spending £3M on Belhadji before the Diarra sale, a position we don't necessarily need to fill as priority ?

And, if it all goes wrong and we return to the championship, 2 top 10 finishes, 5 years in the prem, FA cup win (inc 3 wembley appearances) and the first time in Europe will do me, more than I ever thought I would see in my lifetime and I would be pleased to have witnessed it. I might have to take a load of stick from you lot but it will have been worth it