Wireless distances

Thedelldays

how come I can scan and pick up wireless networls from my neighbours but my one struggles to get a good reception when I take my laptop into my bed room (i live in a 1 bed ground floor flat)..?

I have a netgear 54mbps wireless router from virgin media with 10mbps B/band

Have seen this before and might be to do with the construction of your flat. I know for a fact that the walls between you and your neighbours will be of bricks and mortar, but suspect that the internal walls will be metal stud work instead of the old wooden cls type.

All this metal work produces a mesh like effect and weakens the signal

well I reckon anyway

Have seen this before and might be to do with the construction of your flat. I know for a fact that the walls between you and your neighbours will be of bricks and mortar, but suspect that the internal walls will be metal stud work instead of the old wooden cls type.

well I reckon anyway

just spoke to my mate about it and he has a WiFi aerial UAB type thing that he has not long had but does not use.....he said that it boost reception quite well...

will give it a whirl I guess..

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

well I reckon anyway

It's called a Faraday Cage.

well I reckon anyway

Yup, basically a giant Faraday cage.

Oooooops! Sorry DSM, I jumped the gun a bit! Link deleted

Edited by EastleighSoulBoy