Bet on Virtual Speedway

miserableoldgit

Found this on a Speedway forum:-

I currently work for William Hill, and you can imagine my shock today when I discovered from Monday, we will be offering Virtual Speedway to bet on!

For those that are not aware, we currently offer Virtual Horse Racing and Dog Racing. Its effectively cartoons to fill in the day between Horse Racing and Dog Racing, anything to skint the punters a bit more smile.gif

Anyway, I go in today, and there it is. Virtual Speedway. From Monday you can bet at Velocity Park. Here is a demo...

http://www.inspiredvirtual.com/video/video...ps/Speedway.flv

With riders like Andersen Hansen and Cornish, its clearly a link to current GP Speedway riders. Oddly enough, could this be the breakthrough Speedway needs?? If it proves popular, it maybe easier to gain sponsorship deals from bookmakers. I find it interesting, odd, and quite amazing. Is it possible that William Hills may expand to screening the real thing smile.gif Who knows.....it cannot be a bad thing.

As a Speedway fan, I find it naff and wouldn't touch it. However, I am excited about seeing it every day at work, and seeing the use of riders names! It will be in 2000 shops across the UK from Monday. Mind-boggling.