Things can only get better

AndyD

I think we will draw at Derby then beat Blackpool and QPR to gewt up to the top 10 so let's stop the mass panic and chill.

Sunderland lost their first 5 or 6 and went up - it can happen!!!

COYR

PS - If Davies wants out after 13 games - let him go - Killer, Thomas, perry is adequate in this division.

I think we will draw at Derby then beat Blackpool and QPR to gewt up to the top 10 so let's stop the mass panic and chill.

COYR

PS - If Davies wants out after 13 games - let him go - Killer, Thomas, perry is adequate in this division.

The same davies that I seem to remember pledging his future to saints on the OS when we signed him? :(

COYR

I'm afraid that you'll be shot down for being so positive. Watch out for the natsayers! :smt109

I would agree that eventually things will get better but it may not happen for some time yet.

Although we lost both games 2 1 I feel we did a lot better than many would have expected.

It is important now to win games where we expect to win rather than draw or even lose like we did last season.

COYR

Sunderland weren't playing a load of kids, had money then got Roy Keane as their manager. Although the kids are better to watch, their is no plan B, and I don't see where the goals are going to come from. The goals we've conceded so far this season looks like the same inept defending as last season.

I am a great lover of our back four but in absolute truth we have NO speed at the back and that is what will catch us out time and time again...Davies anyone or Mills and move Surman forward or to the middle.

Sorry withdraw that bit about Surman, forgot he is off to Reading or Stoke with Davies.

Edited by ottery st mary

The Everly Brothers. I never liked them.

Genuinely talented musicians who started as kids in traditional American country music and emerged to become rock stars who have a deep knowledge of country and rock music and love of the mining communities of Kentucky in which their families worked, survived breakdowns through drugs etc. and still touring in their 70's with their spine-tingling harmonies almost as good as ever.

I shall never respect any opinion you may offer in the future - even if you suggest BWP is not yet a complete footballer!

Genuinely talented musicians who started as kids in traditional American country music and emerged to become rock stars who have a deep knowledge of country and rock music and love of the mining communities of Kentucky in which their families worked, survived breakdowns through drugs etc. and still touring in their 70's with their spine-tingling harmonies almost as good as ever.

I shall never respect any opinion you may offer in the future - even if you suggest BWP is not yet a complete footballer!

You must be the RCA Victor!

Things will get worse before they get better IMO.

We'll lose at Derby and then hopefully lose against Blackpool.

On losing against Blackpool our already insufficient attendance levels will drop further and this coupled with fan unrest, and the realisation that promotion in unachieveable, will hopefully mean Lowe and Wilde sell up for a nominal fee.

In short things can only get worse whilst Lowe and Wilde desperately cling to power and do all they can to get their investment back, i.e asset stripping.

On losing against Blackpool our already insufficient attendance levels will drop further and this coupled with fan unrest, and the realisation that promotion in unachieveable, will hopefully mean Lowe and Wilde sell up for a nominal fee.

In short things can only get worse whilst Lowe and Wilde desperately cling to power and do all they can to get their investment back, i.e asset stripping.

We're in a lose/lose situation.

why do we have the most unsupporting fans in the country?!?! :mad::mad::mad: if you feel that way then you can go to skatesville and help fill their stadium

derby will be a difficult game and we may well lose but blackpool at home is going to be a key game, yes if we lose i will start to worry but the lads can certainly get their first win against blackpool

why do we have the most unsupporting fans in the country?!?! :mad::mad::mad: if you feel that way then you can go to skatesville and help fill their stadium

derby will be a difficult game and we may well lose but blackpool at home is going to be a key game, yes if we lose i will start to worry but the lads can certainly get their first win against blackpool

You just don't get it do you?

Our club is skint. It's got no hope under Lowe and Wilde.

The only hope is a buy-out and the it's looking like the best chance of that happening is if and when Lowe accepts it's game over and sells his shares for a nominal fee - like the directors of Coventry did on the eve of administration.

We're a club that has followed CCFC's fortunes for quite some time and once again our paths are the same.

This is why a bit of short term pain, i.e losing against Blackpool and Derby all helps towards the long term gain.

You just don't get it do you?

Our club is skint. It's got no hope under Lowe and Wilde.

The only hope is a buy-out and the it's looking like the best chance of that happening is if and when Lowe accepts it's game over and sells his shares for a nominal fee - like the directors of Coventry did on the eve of administration.

We're a club that has followed CCFC's fortunes for quite some time and once again our paths are the same.

This is why a bit of short term pain, i.e losing against Blackpool and Derby all helps towards the long term gain.

You're not allowed to say things like this on here.....

When you look at the clubs in this division this year, would anyone expect Saints to get their points this season against the relegated Prem clubs, or away to the FA cup finalists. All that has happened is that three of the difficult games have come up as the first fixtures ofthe season. That is no indication of how the team will do over the season as a whole, or how they will do against the bulk of the CCC. It is only people who have been predicting failure ever since JP was appointed who eagerly grasp at these results to try to pretend that they are representative of the average CCC matches, which they are obviously not.

Not only that, but these defeats against two of the strongest sides, were extremely close. The team were not outplayed, despite only having played three competitive games together. The title of this thread says it all, and no true Saints fan should want or expect anything else.

When you look at the clubs in this division this year, would anyone expect Saints to get their points this season against the relegated Prem clubs, or away to the FA cup finalists. All that has happened is that three of the difficult games have come up as the first fixtures ofthe season. That is no indication of how the team will do over the season as a whole, or how they will do against the bulk of the CCC. It is only people who have been predicting failure ever since JP was appointed who eagerly grasp at these results to try to pretend that they are representative of the average CCC matches, which they are obviously not.

Not only that, but these defeats against two of the strongest sides, were extremely close. The team were not outplayed, despite only having played three competitive games together. The title of this thread says it all, and no true Saints fan should want or expect anything else.

SO, what excuse will you write if we start losing to the likes of Blackpool, Burnley or Barnsley ?

SO, what excuse will you write if we start losing to the likes of Blackpool, Burnley or Barnsley ?

I'm not going to keep responding to the ridiculously negative posts you keep writing, as they are entirely pointless. You might recall that we did lose - at home - to Burnley last year under Nigel Pearson, and it resulted in relegation only being avoided by the results of other teams. But it didn't stop some fans complaining when Pearson was not given a new contract.

If we lose too many games we will be relegated, but it hasn't happened yet, so why make such a song and dance about it, and why compare Barnsley to Birmingham? If we lose to weak teams it will be because our side is not good enough. That is a reason, not an excuse. Relegated clubs don't need excuses, but they do need to consider the reasons, but so far there is no evidence that the Saints are not good enough to do OK in this league, and OK would certainly be better than last year.

I'm afraid your other theme, that the club will go into administration this year, is also something that you will be disapointed about. There is no way that Lowe, given his position in the City, will allow that to happen, but the frequency with which you keep talking about it suggests that you would like to see the end of SFC. Most clubs that have gone into administration have slipped even further down the leagues, so don't think it just clears the debts and off you go, it does nothing of the kind.

I'm not going to keep responding to the ridiculously negative posts you keep writing, as they are entirely pointless. You might recall that we did lose - at home - to Burnley last year under Nigel Pearson, and it resulted in relegation only being avoided by the results of other teams. But it didn't stop some fans complaining when Pearson was not given a new contract.

If we lose too many games we will be relegated, but it hasn't happened yet, so why make such a song and dance about it, and why compare Barnsley to Birmingham? If we lose to weak teams it will be because our side is not good enough. That is a reason, not an excuse. Relegated clubs don't need excuses, but they do need to consider the reasons, but so far there is no evidence that the Saints are not good enough to do OK in this league, and OK would certainly be better than last year.

I'm afraid your other theme, that the club will go into administration this year, is also something that you will be disapointed about. There is no way that Lowe, given his position in the City, will allow that to happen, but the frequency with which you keep talking about it suggests that you would like to see the end of SFC. Most clubs that have gone into administration have slipped even further down the leagues, so don't think it just clears the debts and off you go, it does nothing of the kind.

Same old sanctimonious git, aren't you? Uberfan professor, what a laugh.

Wow, what a load of pointless patronising drivel.

He gives it all the "we wont go into administration/relegation because we're good enough - we lost to Cardiff and Birmingham", then comes out with this tripe in the middle..

Great argument, except...

Lowe and Wilde won't sell. Not after 5 games, not after 10, not after Christmas, not after Easter. In your scenario, they will hang on while the club slips into a long, painful and divisive decline which benefits absolutely no-one - least of all the fans. We would bubble around near the bottom, flirting with survival just long enough for us to miss the chance to go into administration this year and avoid a points penalty next year. Then we'd slip into a fetid end of season full of rumours of a takeover which never comes. Then Lowe would simply buy us up on the cheap.

You can't get us out of this by wishing just the right amount of misfortune on the club. Misfortune doesn't come in handy portions. It comes by the truckload. If you bring Lowe down, you'll probably bring us all down too, club and all.

You might as well choose to cure a case of herpes by blowing your nuts off with a cannon. Technically speaking, you won't have the herpes any more, but that's not really the point.

COYR

Really ? Stern john is attracting attention.

Maybe we should lay off tempting fate with the winsome chirpy optimism...

Despite the work ethic of the young players in each of the three games last week - and I saw them all - I feel more depressedt han at any time since relegation. Why? Inexperience and above all a lack of quality in the team. We are lightweight, short of depth of quality and numbers and as a result can only go one way. Clearly this 'giving youth a chance' is the public way of saying 'cheap and cheerful to keep us afloat'. It hurts me to say that despite the efforts of the youngsters, our season will continue in this vein and we will not be out of the botton three. We cannot rely on Michael Svensson and the much maligned Kelvin Davis who has performed excellently so far, can't be expected to keep us in every game.

Supporters are naive if they think that there will be any loan signings either. After 40 years of supporting Saints, they will be back in the league next season that even I can't remember!

This is what I don't understand. So was he pushed or did he have a great change of heart whilst we paid his wages and his injuries healed.

Something here stinks!

I think the prospect of earning two or three times as much at Stoke than he was at Saints would change most peoples' hearts.

Where's your sidekick Sundance Beast gone?