females at football good or bad?

lordswoodsaints

i know that there are lots of female saints fans and a few on here who post on a regular basis but do you think the influx of more and more females at games is the reason for the lack of passion and aggressive chanting amongst the crowd leading to a more sterile atmosphere.

when i was a kid in the 70s i only knew one lady who went to the dell on a regular basis,obviously there must have been more but she was the only one i knew that gave a good account of herself when it came to singing and chanting.

i hear more and more ladys on the after game chat shows on the radio and although a couple have valid points most talk a load of flowery sh1te.

men who go with their ladyeez tend to be a bit more reserved when they are sat with them.

women tend not to get involved too much in the banter and chanting.

so are the ladys making for a better atmosphere or are they causing the men folk to be a bit too civil?

should there be a ladys section of the ground where they can all congregate to watch the game away from the men so the men can once again be free to act in a proper football fan manner perhaps making the atmosphere a bit more intimidating for the visiting team and supporters?

disclaimer-

although some of the points are valid questions please take most of the above as tongue in cheek;-)

Harsh on the fairer sex but i agree, they just aint up to bellowing out footy chants, if thats what you want. I think this probably is comparable with womens sport on the whole, and the estrogen instead of testosterone problem. I always chuckle when i see the kingsland lady with her blanket on knitting at half time (mind you its all a bit hormonal in the kingsland)!!!

are you freddie shepherd? I have been going to football since the 60's home and away and in the early days I was more than likely the only female to be on the minibus/car/coach it is good to see that more and more females are supporting our team. We need all the support we can get at the moment.

are you freddie shepherd? I have been going to football since the 60's home and away and in the early days I was more than likely the only female to be on the minibus/car/coach it is good to see that more and more females are supporting our team. We need all the support we can get at the moment.

Any extra support is good, but does it add to the atmosphere??

Back in the 70's taking a woman to watch football on the terraces was nigh ridiculuous and so it is not surprising that fewer women attended matches.

It is definitely better that grounds are more women friendly and that more women attend matches.

This factor has changed the atmosphere in football grounds and made it more civilised but IMO a little kless passionate !!! in one sense.

My Xanadu would be to have a Saints supporting gilfriend,we would go to the game together,enjoy the highs and lows together,enjoy scolding hot wonderous pies and warm flat pre-poured beers together.

She could fulfill all her shopping needs at the magastore,his and hers matching pants and lingerie,all sponsored by FlyBe.

On the way home we could reminise over the events of the game and giggle like schoolchildren at the comedy genius that is Mike Osman,ohh how we would laugh.

We would clamber into our bed,heady with the days events,caress each others bodies,being careful not to accidently peel off the sponsorship logo.

Just as we reach our orgasmic union......she would scream....Phillips slots it home....this is where my Xanadu ends.

I wish i had a girlfriend.

i know that there are lots of female saints fans and a few on here who post on a regular basis but do you think the influx of more and more females at games is the reason for the lack of passion and aggressive chanting amongst the crowd leading to a more sterile atmosphere.

when i was a kid in the 70s i only knew one lady who went to the dell on a regular basis,obviously there must have been more but she was the only one i knew that gave a good account of herself when it came to singing and chanting.

i hear more and more ladys on the after game chat shows on the radio and although a couple have valid points most talk a load of flowery sh1te.

men who go with their ladyeez tend to be a bit more reserved when they are sat with them.

women tend not to get involved too much in the banter and chanting.

so are the ladys making for a better atmosphere or are they causing the men folk to be a bit too civil?

should there be a ladys section of the ground where they can all congregate to watch the game away from the men so the men can once again be free to act in a proper football fan manner perhaps making the atmosphere a bit more intimidating for the visiting team and supporters?

disclaimer-

although some of the points are valid questions please take most of the above as tongue in cheek;-)

Is sexism allowed on this forum then?

Think we need all the fans we can get right now.

Lol...I am a female who goes to football, both home and away. But :-

1. I do not wear replica shirts

2. I know who the ref is...

3. I understand the offside rule

4. I would NEVER go to footie with my bloke....never!!!

5. Women who gossip/ask stupid questions when the game is on pee me off too....blah blah...

6. As I am in a male environment i expect men to be men - beer, swearing, chanting etc.

My Dad brought me up on football, took me to my first game up the Dell and to Wembley to watch England V Scotland. To me its in my blood, a way off life - thats why I still buy my season ticket each year...sorry that i am a Woman ;)

5. Women who gossip/ask stupid questions when the game is on pee me off too....blah blah...

6. As I am in a male environment i expect men to be men - beer, swearing, chanting etc.

My Dad brought me up on football, took me to my first game up the Dell and to Wembley to watch England V Scotland. To me its in my blood, a way off life - thats why I still buy my season ticket each year...sorry that i am a Woman ;)

This is a serious question.

Did you ever stand on the terraces ?. I can only recall a few women being brave enough, partly because of the violence and fould language but sadly the sexist abuse that was often meted out to a woman on the terraces.

Will you be my girlfriend please ;)

Surely we're missing the real question on this thread - do we want all those poncey, supposedly civilised homo sapiens at football matches? The massed ranks of homo neanderthalis can always be relied upon to produce a superb array of gestures and grunts - who wants supporters whose knuckles don't drag on the ground, eh?

This is a serious question.

Did you ever stand on the terraces ?. I can only recall a few women being brave enough, partly because of the violence and fould language but sadly the sexist abuse that was often meted out to a woman on the terraces.

Yeah, - Milton Road end both when i was younger and later on when i was aloud to go with my mates and not under the watchful eye of my Dad! I've seen bits of trouble here and there, but find most blokes are cool with a woman being around so long as you are one of the lads (i'm actually quite feminine too!) and dont take the p*** . I never expect to be treated differently and usually i'm the first of our croud at half time to get the beers in. I'm good me ;)

Yeah, - Milton Road end both when i was younger and later on when i was aloud to go with my mates and not under the watchful eye of my Dad! I've seen bits of trouble here and there, but find most blokes are cool with a woman being around so long as you are one of the lads (i'm actually quite feminine too!) and dont take the p*** . I never expect to be treated differently and usually i'm the first of our croud at half time to get the beers in. I'm good me ;)

I think most of the blokes enjoyed a bit of winding up, but you are right, if you stuck up for yourself then you where OK. In a way there was a fair amount of respect for 'true footballing girls'.

Did you ever go into the Archers ?

I think most of the blokes enjoyed a bit of winding up, but you are right, if you stuck up for yourself then you where OK. In a way there was a fair amount of respect for 'true footballing girls'.

Did you ever go into the Archers ?

Nope i didnt.

Your right re the p*** taking, i still get that now. But it funny cause guys actually respect my opinions etc and i usually get "you know a bit about football - for a bird" Suits me....i think i know more than most the guys i work with and my significant other who is a complete arm chair....

Anyway - thats my 3 posts used up (I really must get round to signing up lol)

my missus goes to footy and loves it and to be fair she knows more than the blokes that sit around us!

I wouldnt dare say she shouldnt come.

But saying that she now goes to footy with her mates and I go with mine :)

I dare anyone to say women should not goto to footy to my missus and ladysaint as they would must probably rip your balls off and make you eat them!

do you agree jan?

my missus goes to footy and loves it and to be fair she knows more than the blokes that sit around us!

I wouldnt dare say she shouldnt come.

But saying that she now goes to footy with her mates and I go with mine :)

I dare anyone to say women should not goto to footy to my missus and ladysaint as they would must probably rip your balls off and make you eat them!

do you agree jan?

Are you 'In The Pink's' other half ?

There is only one women and one women only that I will ever accept is welcome at a football match, and that was the lady who sat at the back of block 1. She scared the crap out of me, if you post on here love, fair play to ya!!

Other than her, I can't stand women at football. If you watched the Chelsea game yesterday you would have seen all these women there in Chelsea shirts who were obviously there to be 'entertained'. You don't go to football to be entertained im my opinion regardless of who you support, you go there because it's a PASSION and you spend your whole week looking forward to it rather than it being something you do afterr you've done the weekly shop!

They add nothing to the atmosphere and it should be made illegal. Rant over.

My Xanadu would be to have a Saints supporting gilfriend,we would go to the game together,enjoy the highs and lows together,enjoy scolding hot wonderous pies and warm flat pre-poured beers together.

She could fulfill all her shopping needs at the magastore,his and hers matching pants and lingerie,all sponsored by FlyBe.

On the way home we could reminise over the events of the game and giggle like schoolchildren at the comedy genius that is Mike Osman,ohh how we would laugh.

We would clamber into our bed,heady with the days events,caress each others bodies,being careful not to accidently peel off the sponsorship logo.

Just as we reach our orgasmic union......she would scream....Phillips slots it home....this is where my Xanadu ends.

I wish i had a girlfriend.

I'm using a valuable post just to show my appreciation for this one...