Where are they?

Saint Billy

I cannot believe that all these so called wealthy fans, ie, G Davies, Sulz (whatever), Fulthorpe, D Frost, Uncle Tom Cobbly etc etc, are stood by with their hands stuck firmly in their pockets whilst the club they are supposed to love flaunts with obscurity.

Surley, if these very wealthy individuals do not want to risk large investment, which is understandable, just a little injection of cash would be enough to keep us from the strong possibility of administration.

I am also surprised that some normally very vocal Ex players are keeping their heads rather low and their mouths shut, especially Mick Channon who even posted his support of Wilde (oh dear) on the old old forum.

It just seems to have gone deathly silent as if they are all resigned to the fact that the death rattle they are hearing means certain death.

Any idea´s?

Would you use your money to rescue the club with Lowe and Wilde still in charge and with large shareholdings.

I wouldn't give a penny piece to most of the existing major shareholders, and that's where your money would go, and then you would have to sort out the debts.

The sensible investor would only take the debts on and expect to get the shareholding it's worth -nothing!

Cambsaint

where r the stay aways fans ,,why should folk who have money fork out when so called fans wont buy abloody ticket

Up and till now I believe saints have been well supported despite the dross they have been served up whilst also witnessing our supposed men at the top publically infighting , in fact, we have been one of the best supported sides in the CCC.

If a benefactor came in now and turned this club around financially, he/she/they would surely be regarded as heroes, ala Walker (Blackburn). The stands would fill straight away, better players brought in followed by an upturn in this clubs fortunes.

I cannot believe that all these so called wealthy fans, ie, G Davies, Sulz (whatever), Fulthorpe, D Frost, Uncle Tom Cobbly etc etc, are stood by with their hands stuck firmly in their pockets whilst the club they are supposed to love flaunts with obscurity.

Surley, if these very wealthy individuals do not want to risk large investment, which is understandable, just a little injection of cash would be enough to keep us from the strong possibility of administration.

I am also surprised that some normally very vocal Ex players are keeping their heads rather low and their mouths shut, especially Mick Channon who even posted his support of Wilde (oh dear) on the old old forum.

It just seems to have gone deathly silent as if they are all resigned to the fact that the death rattle they are hearing means certain death.

Any idea´s?

You make a fair point - where is Salz and his gang?

they're doing the sensible thing and waiting for administration and the chance to buy a debt free club for a bargain price

But these wealthy men also profess to be fans of the club, is that the sensible thing to do as a fan ? if I had their sort of alleged poke I wouldn't allow my club to fall on its ass before I acted, irrespective of people I dislike who may benefit financially, that is the action of those who do not care for the club just business men looking to spin it further down the line for a large profit.

Any idea´s?

............... YES , Lowe has frightened them all off , They all know what a lieing , cheating , money grabbing son of a b.... he is and they wont help or negotiate with him............. And who can blame them!

where r the stay aways fans ,,why should folk who have money fork out when so called fans wont buy abloody ticket

Oh! I see now. The product, the relegation, the dross, the board-room farces have somehow made less people want to go and so it is all their fault? Brilliant. And there was me thinking it was something to do with poor performances, nearly going down to Division 1, selling anyone who looks half decent, shocking management at all levels but no it was the people who decided not not to go who were to blame.

I think you've got the chicken and egg question very much mixed up.

Oh! I see now. The product, the relegation, the dross, the board-room farces have somehow made less people want to go and so it is all their fault? Brilliant. And there was me thinking it was something to do with poor performances, nearly going down to Division 1, selling anyone who looks half decent, shocking management at all levels but no it was the people who decided not not to go who were to blame.

Spot on, I am sick to the back teeth hearing some blaming fans for the downfall of this club, have they not been witnessing the muppet show played out in front of them.

Agree. But back to the original post, I find Gavyn Davies's attiude hard to understand. For me, he came off the fence to help get rid of Lowe, then bizarrely jumped back on it.

I also dont get what happened with Patrick Trant. He made it clear he would invest if Lowe went. Did he ? I must have missed it.

Although Mike Wilde has been a prize clown in my book, I do wonder how many duff promises were made to him.

The bottom line is that we are not a good investment prospect - hence nobody wants to take the gamble.

Many on here seem to get a little confused with 'investment' and 'giving money away'. Investors are prepared to put capital into a worthwhile venture in order to make a profit at a later date. However most backers these days are not prepared to sign up for long term investment opportunities - again it comes down to wanting instant success hence a swift return on thier initial outlay.

Unfortunately, in our current state, the level of investment to 'guarantee' that instant success would be huge - hence nobody wants to take the chance. I honestly cannot see (significant) investment being put into this club any time soon.

The bottom line is that we are not a good investment prospect - hence nobody wants to take the gamble.

Many on here seem to get a little confused with 'investment' and 'giving money away'. Investors are prepared to put capital into a worthwhile venture in order to make a profit at a later date. However most backers these days are not prepared to sign up for long term investment opportunities - again it comes down to wanting instant success hence a swift return on thier initial outlay.

Unfortunately, in our current state, the level of investment to 'guarantee' that instant success would be huge - hence nobody wants to take the chance. I honestly cannot see (significant) investment being put into this club any time soon.

I see your point Micky but why am I, as a fan (and a bloody skint one), willing to scrape together every bit of cash I have to get to Derby next Saturday while all the people Saint Billy mentioned are wealthy and supposedly Saints fans and won't put forward some cash - not for personal gain but for their alleged love of the club?

I see your point Micky but why am I, as a fan (and a bloody skint one), willing to scrape together every bit of cash I have to get to Derby next Saturday while all the people Saint Billy mentioned are wealthy and supposedly Saints fans and won't put forward some cash - not for personal gain but for their alleged love of the club?

Because they are business men first and fans second.

Ask yourself - if you won 10 million on the lottery on saturday - would you be prepared to sink the lot into the club that you support, (misses willing of course!) for no guaranteed return?

I admire your support (and I don't think we'll get anything at Derby either), but business people are 'in football' for a totally different reason to you and I.

Because they are business men first and fans second.

The issue I have with these guys is they publicly express their 'love' of our club and, I believe, one said they will not see our club die yet still nothing is on the table from them when, we are to believe, financially we are on life support.

It's not just a case of them ploughing their own millions in but creating a consortium that has the ability to borrow,thats sounds simplistic I know, partly why I can't understand why Lowe has not pulled this off, binmen run with binmen City chaps run with City chaps surely over a bottle of whatever someone must be able to facilitate something

The issue I have with these guys is they publicly express their 'love' of our club and, I believe, one said they will not see our club die yet still nothing is on the table from them when, we are to believe, financially we are on life support.

It's not just a case of them ploughing their own millions in but creating a consortium that has the ability to borrow,thats sounds simplistic I know, partly why I can't understand why Lowe has not pulled this off, binmen run with binmen City chaps run with City chaps surely over a bottle of whatever someone must be able to facilitate something

think of the club as a sick patient in a coma,and the wealthy fans as well wishing relatives.

they are concerned but are not prepared to stick their hands in their pockets as there is still a chance that the club will make a full recovery.

Agree with the bit about publicly expressing their 'love' for the club, but is that any different to players who 'kiss the badge' - probably not.

Your rationale for forming a consortium is probably about right, however even if they have 'borrowing power' they still have to have collateral in case it all goes belly up - therefore the risk still exists.

As for Binmen and City chaps, right now I think we have more chance of putting together a consortium of binmen than City chaps, but how much are you able to borrow against 3 clapped out, council owned bin trucks...!

TBH it is obvious why he hasn't been able to pull this off.

The fan base go ballistic when any word of a dividend payment is discussed

There are pages of abuse about shareholders lining their own pockets

People dissect every morsel of an investors private and business life and reprint gossip on here as fact.

Then you have a business that has been SO badly managed that it's expenses are about 30% higher than it's income.

You have a mortgage that has terms that do not allow it to be renegotiated.

You have a customer base that has PROVEN that it will not respond to new ownership - look at the attendance trend line for the past 3 years, there is NO up turn when Directors change, it is just downward

The ONLY current course of action is to make the business WORTH investing in. In a recession there are MANY ways of using money to make money. Just as the CCC is competitive, so is the investment market.

Without the weekly losses, an investor can use his/her money to make something better. Doing that will add value to their investment. Right now, one of the primary reasons we need an investor is to pay the wages for Skacel & Euell....

Why bother? Let Lowe & Wilde take all the pain and all the sh*t, THEN when the hard work has been done you come in, have a better chance of making money AND have better PR because you are making things BETTER with your money not having to take "unpopular decisions"

Wise businessmen won't get involved.

Egotistical businessmen may. The problem is that the few times they have looked in the past either 1) We scared them off by the mess the finances were in or 2) We scared them off by deciding we didn't think they were up to 3) They didn't have the money but thought they could get it

This last one is the same lesson - Lowe couldn't do it, neither could Salz, tommac and his "pals" etc etc etc

wealthy fans should not get involved in failing football clubs,unless they are so wealthy that they dont mind losing £100m+.

anyway if rumours are to be believed the wealthy fans will not be able to compete withthe offer about to surface.

Just like they couldn't compete last year with Paul Allen!

And where's Morph?

I'm sure I responded on this point a couple of days ago on another thread.

I understand that certain people are playing a wait and see game.

If it all goes south then I'm sure we will see some significant movement, but I don't anticipate anything happening before that.

FWIW I want the Lowe / Wilde reign to be a success for this club. I don't want any further disruption at this stage. That is my personal view.

Kind Regards

Morph

Wouldn't you think that riding in like a white knight which while costing say the 4 mil that we owe the bank, that crowd attendance would raise significantly and enthuse the punters and the players enough to make a huge difference for this campaign?

Wouldn't you think that riding in like a white knight which while costing say the 4 mil that we owe the bank, that crowd attendance would raise significantly and enthuse the punters and the players enough to make a huge difference for this campaign?

In one word, no.

In many words, people suggested that "thousands" of stay-away fans would return as soon as Lowe was ousted two years ago. In actual fact, attendances decreased despite an improvement in the results on the pitch.

Someone coming in and clearing the debts would give a bit of a boost, in my opinion, but at the moment that's not going to be happening for some time yet. Anyone with any sort of business savvy about them would be waiting for the club to reach a point where they felt all seemed doomed, but that they could come in and rescue the situation, i.e. it's not a completely lost cause, but everything is pointing in such a direction.

Any idea´s?

To get to a multi millionaire status you have to watch what you spend it on, none of those that you have mentioned are silly enough to throw money at an ailing business

Up and till now I believe saints have been well supported despite the dross they have been served up whilst also witnessing our supposed men at the top publically infighting , in fact, we have been one of the best supported sides in the CCC.

If a benefactor came in now and turned this club around financially, he/she/they would surely be regarded as heroes, ala Walker (Blackburn). The stands would fill straight away, better players brought in followed by an upturn in this clubs fortunes.

Until?