Any news on the ressies

ladysaint

That was a bit poor to be honest, although Reading were a very good side we were very sloppy and careless giving the ball away too many times when in decent positions.

I left when it got to 3-0 to Reading as I had to get my lad home, the evening didn't start too well when I was told I couldnt park at the ground due to there being loads of scouts coming. Ok can understand that but when I saw these scouts were from the might Bournemouth ( Bond), Aldershot, Luton(Mick Harford as well), Brighton(Adams) and Swansea it makes you wonder how much we will make from them!

Coppell was watching his side and must of been impressed with what he saw.

Bart - was poor for me and I was worried whenever a cross came into the box, 2 of the goals were down to him staying on his line rather than coming and collecting it. Some decent shot stopping but very shakey and gave me no confidence if KD goes.

Hatch - Ok going forward but was beaten too easily on several occasions out wide.

Fish - One of the only bright lights on a poor night - will be very good in a year or two

Lancashire - Did Ok but not ready for the first team

Racine - Big lad and some good headers but looks shakey against any pace.

Oscar Gobern - Good start and looks comfortable on the ball but gives away too many fouls with hands on players.

Jake - Some good play from Jake but was guilty of several sloppy passing and crossing.

Rudi - Shocking ..tried and put himself about but bloody awful IMO.

BWP - Cost us the first goal with a shocking touch that put several players out of position - way off form and wouldnt put him anywhere near the first team on this display.

Euell - kept battling and trying to encourage the young players not his best and went close on a few occasions probably one of three to get near the first team on tonites squad.

Jamie White - Got in some good p[ositions and some good runs but again some sloppy passing wasted positions.

I was glad when Paterson came on for Rudi as this lad looks good, he battles has a decent touch and gets stuck in - nowhere near ready yet but a good prospect.

We had several good chances and our approach play was good but poor last pass or cross or decent goalkeeping saw us have a heavy defeat.

Wayne Thomas and Paul Wotton were there watching and I spoke with Thomas who has been told along with several players they are surplus to requirements. I fully understand the position we are in but if we get any injuries we are truly buggered.

Edited by Give it to Ron

Wayne Thomas and Paul Wotton were there watching and I spoke with Thomas who has been told along with several players they are surplus to requirements. I fully understand the position we are in but if we get any injuries we are truly buggered.

FFS. The thought of Thomas in the first team is depressing, but if he goes and Svensson goes down again, we're completely fooked at the back.

I thought Thomas was awful when I saw him in the stoke game, but surely we cant tell half of the squad they are surplus to requirements. It seems like we must have said this to every senior player.

What will we do if we cant sell them? We will be stuck with many players, who won't be playing, will be low on confidence and morale, so will be unable to come into the team if we suffer from injuries. This looks like a major problem in defence and attack. John and McGoldrick look like they will be our only strikers. Svensson, Perry and Lancashire are our only central defenders, two of which are injury prone.

If the players that are 'surplus to requirements' are still training with the first team, surely they will have a negative impact on the squad. If they are training on their own, they will be unable to fill in when we have injuries/ suspensions.

I thought Thomas was awful when I saw him in the stoke game, but surely we cant tell half of the squad they are surplus to requirements. It seems like we must have said this to every senior player.

What will we do if we cant sell them? We will be stuck with many players, who won't be playing, will be low on confidence and morale, so will be unable to come into the team if we suffer from injuries. This looks like a major problem in defence and attack. John and McGoldrick look like they will be our only strikers. Svensson, Perry and Lancashire are our only central defenders, two of which are injury prone.

If the players that are 'surplus to requirements' are still training with the first team, surely they will have a negative impact on the squad. If they are training on their own, they will be unable to fill in when we have injuries/ suspensions.

The morale bit was the thing that struck me most tonite, I have watched the Ressies for many years and in recent years its been the only shining beacon...yet tonite we players arguing, moaning at each other and some so off form it was pitiful.

Certainly had me ****ed off on the drive home....plus all those bloody vultures stood behind me didn't help my morale either ;-)

That was a bit poor to be honest, although Reading were a very good side we were very sloppy and careless giving the ball away too many times when in decent positions.

I left when it got to 3-0 to Reading as I had to get my lad home, the evening didn't start too well when I was told I couldnt park at the ground due to there being loads of scouts coming. Ok can understand that but when I saw these scouts were from the might Bournemouth ( Bond), Aldershot, Luton(Mick Harford as well), Brighton(Adams) and Swansea it makes you wonder how much we will make from them!

Bart - was poor for me and I was worried whenever a cross came into the box, 2 of the goals were down to him staying on his line rather than coming and collecting it. Some decent shot stopping but very shakey and gave me no confidence if KD goes.

Hatch - Ok going forward but was beaten too easily on several occasions out wide.

Fish - One of the only bright lights on a poor night - will be very good in a year or two

Oscar Gobern - Good start and looks comfortable on the ball but gives away too many fouls with hands on players.

Jake - Some good play from Jake but was guilty of several sloppy passing and crossing.

BWP - Cost us the first goal with a shocking touch that put several players out of position - way off form and wouldnt put him anywhere near the first team on this display.

Euell - kept battling and trying to encourage the young players not his best and went close on a few occasions probably one of three to get near the first team on tonites squad.

Jamie White - Got in some good p[ositions and some good runs but again some sloppy passing wasted positions.

I was glad when Paterson came on for Rudi as this lad looks good, he battles has a decent touch and gets stuck in - nowhere near ready yet but a good prospect.

We had several good chances and our approach play was good but poor last pass or cross or decent goalkeeping saw us have a heavy defeat.

There is a danger we are coaching the boys to only play one system regardless of score or the opponents tactics...... we have got to get the right balance of system and experience.

Having said that, the score isn't the only focus of playing reserve games.

Was most disappointed with the performance tonight. Rudi was unbelievably poor and really looks like he's had enough of saints. I thought jamie white had a good second half and looked threatening. Not too many positives to be found although some of the passing and movement was good at times.

Rudi poor? Wow, who would have thought it? (...irony thingy)

The guy doesn't want to be here. We can't sell him because nobody with any football savvy would buy him, and he will never put any effort in for us. Tough situation for the dynamic duo.

Thanks for taking the trouble to post after what sounds like a depressing night in foul conditions. Go pour yourself a stiff one - thanks again.

I think Thomas is absolute garbage as a footballer (although not his fault we paid over £1m for him) but for a bloke who has not been in the squad for the last couple of games and has been told he can leave to turn up on a crappy evening to watch the reserves I can only say fair play that man.

I think Thomas is absolute garbage as a footballer (although not his fault we paid over £1m for him) but for a bloke who has not been in the squad for the last couple of games and has been told he can leave to turn up on a crappy evening to watch the reserves I can only say fair play that man.

Yes, was thinking the same myself (although "absolute garbage" is far too harsh IMO). Good stuff Wayne.

Skacel dragged off after half an hour after having a shocker.

Clearly his head and his heart aren't in it at Saints anymore, and with all the goings on it's hard to blame him.

Fingers crossed some club comes in with a decent bid for him so we can move him on and get him off the wage bill.

Clearly his head and his heart aren't in it at Saints anymore, and with all the goings on it's hard to blame him.

Fingers crossed some club comes in with a decent bid for him so we can move him on and get him off the wage bill.

Well, unless he is willing to accept an Ipswich-level pay cut, the only way he's going is if he puts himself in the shop window.

He has some serious soul-searching to do.......

No it's really easy actually: he accepts a sh@t load of money, and than doesn't want to do the work? You and I would be fired.

According to that report, the ressies played the same formation as the first team to provide a "seamless link"

They were tonked 0-3.

yeah, the "experiment" is really working well isn't it?

Total football becomes total annihilation.

But hey, the bank is happy and it's pretty to watch!:rolleyes:

yeah, the "experiment" is really working well isn't it?

Total football becomes total annihilation.

But hey, the bank is happy and it's pretty to watch!:rolleyes:

It's certainly depressing.

I, like others, thought that ressie line-up was strong.

The cupboard is looking pretty bare.

No sane person would expect things to drop perfectly into place after the first reserve game of the season, so both of your comments are misguided IMO.

No sane person would expect things to drop perfectly into place after the first reserve game of the season, so both of your comments are misguided IMO.

Come on Minty, I really reckon some of you have far too low expectations and ambition.

If I were to talk like that in a yearly review, I'd probably be out the door..

Okay I decided to wait to see the fall out from a 3 - 0 home defeat and am a little surprised that there are not more people on this thread moaning and groaning, wanting to sack the dutchmen, Lowe etc...... I thought last night we were beaten by a far better, stronger and more accomplished Reading side, which included five first team players and Noel Hunt, their new acquisition from Dundee United who played very well.

First half we were poor. We didn't pass the ball and struggled to cope defensively. The OS spin on Ollie leading by example and Racine getting lots of heading practice is fine, but actually we were pretty well overstretched by a very fast Reading front line. Skacel, if he was playing for 'the scouts' had a shocker. He has lost the sparkle that he had when he first got here, is a shadow of his former self, and needs to move on. BWP proved what a greedy player he is. Constantly trying to do it all himself and not involving his team mates. Mills was good at left back and White came into the game in the second half and battled well. At 1 - 0 down we were definitely starting to boss the game. Paterson made a big difference when he came on, suddenly we had a threat up front, he got stuck in and put himself about. Think Wotte, tactically didn't quite get it right. Mills should have moved to left mid earlier, BWP should have gone wide and Paterson up front, but hindsight is great!

Not many positives, but good to see Ollie back. Fish, Paterson and White should all be on the bench at some stage this season.

From the OS

Is that a crock then? Or did he really pick up a knock? Hope it's not serious as his taxi is waiting.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/a...?page_id=10463

No he actually did get a kick on the ankle and went of for treatment....came back on and charged into a tackle, fouled the bloke..stayed on for a few more moments then was replaced by the far better Paterson.

Okay I decided to wait to see the fall out from a 3 - 0 home defeat and am a little surprised that there are not more people on this thread moaning and groaning, wanting to sack the dutchmen, Lowe etc...... I thought last night we were beaten by a far better, stronger and more accomplished Reading side, which included five first team players and Noel Hunt, their new acquisition from Dundee United who played very well.

First half we were poor. We didn't pass the ball and struggled to cope defensively. The OS spin on Ollie leading by example and Racine getting lots of heading practice is fine, but actually we were pretty well overstretched by a very fast Reading front line. Skacel, if he was playing for 'the scouts' had a shocker. He has lost the sparkle that he had when he first got here, is a shadow of his former self, and needs to move on. BWP proved what a greedy player he is. Constantly trying to do it all himself and not involving his team mates. Mills was good at left back and White came into the game in the second half and battled well. At 1 - 0 down we were definitely starting to boss the game. Paterson made a big difference when he came on, suddenly we had a threat up front, he got stuck in and put himself about. Think Wotte, tactically didn't quite get it right. Mills should have moved to left mid earlier, BWP should have gone wide and Paterson up front, but hindsight is great!

Not many positives, but good to see Ollie back. Fish, Paterson and White should all be on the bench at some stage this season.

Not sure if that first bit was aimed at me considering you quoted my report but read it again if it is and you will see my report almost matches yours!

Beaten by a better stronger well organised and older side. Having said that it was not that bad and in terms of the senior players Euell was ok but BWP and Scacel were awful and I thought Bart was shaky. If Mr Lowe thinks Ollie Lancashire is the natural replacement for Andrew Davies or Michael Svennson if he is injured maybe but not this season. I saw Thomas and Wotton there but did not speak to them but thanks for the support. There were a large number of alleged scouts sat near me but most left well before the end.

Not sure if that first bit was aimed at me considering you quoted my report but read it again if it is and you will see my report almost matches yours!

sorry m8 it was definitely not aimed at you! I enjoyed your report it was exact.

But they dropped into place for Reading youngsters. To be fair they were playing the German/Italian form of Total Football and had more time.

Only joking Minty, I am right with the programme, it will just take another year to put it into practice throughout the club. To many old pros playing for us.

Many thanks to GiveItToRon and NavyRed for the excellent reports. Amid the *****ing and attentionseeking elsewhere, its good to read some decent football debate.

The message I get from this is that if JP and the youngsters can get us anywhere near midtable, that will be a massive achievement.

With coverage as thin as this, if a 1st team of KomedyKelv, Killer, Perry, Stern, Mule and kids can survive a season in the CCC it will be one of the all-time great Saints achievements.

Svensson, Perry and Lancashire are our only central defenders, two of which are injury prone.

Bit harsh to call Lancashire injury prone? He broke a leg must've been end of the previous season and was out basically for last, but he'd played consistently before that, no?

Bit harsh to call Lancashire injury prone? He broke a leg must've been end of the previous season and was out basically for last, but he'd played consistently before that, no?

Has he not had problems with hamstring injuries too? I just seems to me that he is always recovering from an injury, but I may be wrong.