Jade Goody has cancer

Colinjb

Publicity stunt?

I would guess so. A rather convenient way to escape Indian scrutiny. I'm not sure if it is the usual way for these things but it is her 'publicist' that has broken the news.

Either that or Karma is in play...

Edited by Colinjb

my first (admittedly not pleasant) thoughts were Karma and all that, but regardless of how abhorrent she is and has been in the past if what she claims to have is true then nobody deserves that.

all i want her to do is feck off out of the public eye so i dont have to see or hear about her.

my first (admittedly not pleasant) thoughts were Karma and all that, but regardless of how abhorrent she is and has been in the past if what she claims to have is true then nobody deserves that.

all i want her to do is feck off out of the public eye so i dont have to see or hear about her.

Which off course is what she plans to do, having her publicist break the news :mad:

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

It seems that Cervical cancer is caused by a virus, and the greater the number of sexual partners, the higher the risk.

Just an observation...

Seems like the main treatment is a hysterectomy. Although it can be possible to have a more localised proceedure if the patient wishes to remain fertile.

As for the virus, it may not indicate that she is '****ging about,' as yes, it could have been a male carrier that infected her. So, Bridge too far, hope that answers your question.

Genuine question - does that mean males carry the virus but are not affected by it :confused:

I don't know of many men with cervical cancer.

Don't worry BTF it only effects ladies who sleep around alot, you seemed rather concerned.

Don't worry BTF it only effects ladies who sleep around alot, you seemed rather concerned.

No, no - not concerned for myself :)

I just wondered, if the males carry the virus, a) where do they get it from and b) does it affect them?

Like I said, genuine question - not trying to score points (for a change :D)

1 in 3 people will be affected by it - according to the adverts - so why should she be so special and deserve public sympathy?

It's the men who carry the virus which can lead to cervical cancer. So a lady who has been totally faithful can contract it through regular sex with her, equally faithful, partner!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3130008.stm

Bad news, I like Jade Goody.

She's an idiot, but that makes her quite endearing

She's not keen on Asians.......so what!

She is an ignorant **** and I ****ing hate her.

The fact that you find her idiocy endearing says an awful lot about you.

It seems that Cervical cancer is caused by a virus, and the greater the number of sexual partners, the higher the risk.

Just an observation...

i had abnormal cells on a smear test about 6 years ago.they were in the late stages of being pre-cancerous....so , would've become cancerous had it not been found in time...

i had been with only ONE partner in the 11 years previous to that.......so, (i know you're not calling all women who contract Cervical Cancer sluts) , but by even mentioning that the number of sexual partners may have an effect on the likelihood of contracting it , you are obviously implying that Jade Goody is.........so furkin what if she does or did sleep around, it has no bearing whatsoever on the fact that she has (or not) got cancer.......

It's not that she's not keen on Asians is it?

She's a fecking racist that's what!

If she has cancer then let's hope she can recover from it.

oh, please!!! So you can honestly say that you have NEVER looked at a black man n thought...mmm, nice hair

that you have NEVER walked into/phoned a chinese take away, then turned round to ya mates n said "herro"

that you have NEVER called someone (either in your own head or out loud) a spik,wop,dago,yid,pikey,sheep ****ger,paki,dirty turk,spade????

if that is the case, then i do feel sorry for you.......that halo of yours must weigh a frickin ton!!

Just an observation...

This isn't nice, you're implying people with Cervical Cancer are slappers?

This thread sucks.

:toimonster:

Having seen the news earlier, I have to say that, although Jade Goody [i don't know of this celebrity very well] apparently craves media attention, couldn't there have been some decent way to break such bad news to the poor girl..? I understand she was informed of her smear test results on an Indian version of Big Brother..? And in front of the TV audience..? If that is true it is appalling behaviour..! Whatever the girl has done, this sort of news is intensely private. What is media coming to..? They seem to be losing the sense of responsibility by the day. All in the act of claiming viewers. There are more important things than that, and ultimately, anyone's innermost privacy is one of those things.

oh, please!!! So you can honestly say that you have NEVER looked at a black man n thought...mmm, nice hair

that you have NEVER walked into/phoned a chinese take away, then turned round to ya mates n said "herro"

that you have NEVER called someone (either in your own head or out loud) a spik,wop,dago,yid,pikey,sheep ****ger,paki,dirty turk,spade????

if that is the case, then i do feel sorry for you.......that halo of yours must weigh a frickin ton!!

And where have I ever said that, in my callow youth, I had not thought things like that? I just grew up and in a time when racism was tolerated in society. Perhaps, being raised by a man with 'Dago blood' I learned quicker than most?

Oh! The halo sits well and causes no pain from carrying it ;)

Edited by EastleighSoulBoy

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
This isn't nice, you're implying people with Cervical Cancer are slappers?

This thread sucks.

:toimonster:

Nothing like twisting the words around 180 degrees is there?

What I said was, the more sexual partners a woman has, the more likely it is that she will get cervical cancer.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Having seen the news earlier, I have to say that, although Jade Goody [i don't know of this celebrity very well] apparently craves media attention, couldn't there have been some decent way to break such bad news to the poor girl..? I understand she was informed of her smear test results on an Indian version of Big Brother..? And in front of the TV audience..? If that is true it is appalling behaviour..! Whatever the girl has done, this sort of news is intensely private. What is media coming to..? They seem to be losing the sense of responsibility by the day. All in the act of claiming viewers. There are more important things than that, and ultimately, anyone's innermost privacy is one of those things.

Now I know that you are not a naive person, but I'm afraid that the media left behind all remnants of decency many years ago.

I can just visualise the TV executives salivating at the thought of her reaction to the news on live TV.

And where have I ever said that, in my callow youth, I had not thought things like that? I just grew up and in a time when racism was tolerated in society. Perhaps, being raised by a man with 'Dago blood' I learned quicker than most?

Oh! The halo sits well and causes no pain from carrying it ;)

well, considering that Jade Goody has the intellectual level of a teenager, then i wonder if you'd like to re-evaluate your opinion of her? i don't think she is a racist,she is/was just too stupid to realise the consequences of her actions at the time. she said nothing worse than you admitted that you did,in your youth,so what you're saying then is that you were a racist when you were younger! Jade Goody did not single out Shilpa Shetty because she was Indian, she singled her out because she was jealous of her looks/fame/wealth and so Jade picked up on the one thing she knew Shilpa felt vulnerable about,her nationality, (and by that i mean that she felt vulnerable because she was so far away from home , in a situation that was out of her comfort zone). that is what bullies do,they find a weakness and attack it,in order to make themselves feel stronger.if anything Jade is a bully,but she is no more a racist than you or me.

Edited by saint boggy

well, considering that Jade Goody has the intellectual level of a teenager, then i wonder if you'd like to re-evaluate your opinion of her....i don't think she is a racist........she is/was just too stupid to realise the consequences of her actions at the time.............and she said nothing worse than you admitted that you did,in your youth....so what you're saying then is that you were a racist when you were younger..........Jade Goody did not single out Shilpa Shetty because she was Indian, she singled her out because she was jealous of her looks/fame/wealth and so Jade picked up on the one thing she knew Shilpa felt vulnerable about,her nationality. (and by that i mean that she felt vulnerable because she was so far away from home , in a situation that was out of her comfort zone)....that is what bullies do,they find a weakness and attack it,in order to make themselves feel stronger.........if anything Jade is a bully...........but she is no more a racist than you or me.......

Why do you use a line of full stops when one is sufficient?

well, considering that Jade Goody has the intellectual level of a teenager..

That's a bit unfair. Not all teenagers are thick.

Jade needed something really big to get back in the limelight after the poppadum affair, something to win back the hearts of the celebrity obsessed public. Max Clifford is her agent, isn't he? She must have been 'expecting' bad news from those results and what better way to receive them than on Big Brother India? It has all been televised, surprise, surprise :roll:

lol @ Evil Monkey btw :)

well, considering that Jade Goody has the intellectual level of a teenager, then i wonder if you'd like to re-evaluate your opinion of her? i don't think she is a racist,she is/was just too stupid to realise the consequences of her actions at the time. she said nothing worse than you admitted that you did,in your youth,so what you're saying then is that you were a racist when you were younger! Jade Goody did not single out Shilpa Shetty because she was Indian, she singled her out because she was jealous of her looks/fame/wealth and so Jade picked up on the one thing she knew Shilpa felt vulnerable about,her nationality, (and by that i mean that she felt vulnerable because she was so far away from home , in a situation that was out of her comfort zone). that is what bullies do,they find a weakness and attack it,in order to make themselves feel stronger.if anything Jade is a bully,but she is no more a racist than you or me.

There's no need for me to re-evaluate Jade Goody. She is a racist.

And you seem to be an apologist for her actions.

Most teenagers these days are fully aware of how to behave toward others, with regard to their colour, creed etc. Yes, you can say that I was racist in my formative years. It didn't take long for it to sit very badly with me. I couldn't make the link to liking Soul and Reggae when I was supposed to fear 'the black man'. It's amazing what reaching out and meeting / talking to people can do.

Society, in general, is far less tolerant of racism these days. Any teenager with an 'average intellect' works that out pretty quickly.

If they want to.

EDIT: I grew out of my racist tendencies by the time I was about 14.

Edited by EastleighSoulBoy