Laptop deal

hypochondriac

It's an interesting one... I'm very tempted to get one... can anyone say any more about this before I plunge £400 of my cash into it? I was tempted to get an AppleMac... but this just seems like too good a deal to miss out on...

Get the aluminium MacBook. Don't listen to the oiks and their suggestions of crappy make plastic lumps with inferior Operating Systems, or you'll regret it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, looking to fulfil my New Year's resolution of getting myself a good laptop deal for under £500 and the above looks like a damn good one so thinking of getting me one of those. However, just wondered what people thought about this one I saw on my lunch break the other day: http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/908015

Bit more expensive and slightly less good spec, but it does have Blu-Ray and considering I already have a 320GB external hard drive not too fussed about space etc; my main concern though is that it does not appear to have Bluetooth capability unless I've missed something. My other main concern is how either of them would handle playing Football Manager 2009!

Bit of an idiot with stuff like this so all opinons greatly received! Thanks.

(Also, as an aside, I realise this is probably a 'how long's a piece of string' type question but is there much of a difference between Intel and AMD processors? Is it one where some people swear by one and not the other, or are they a bit much of a muchness...?)

That HP is a good buy. Just brought a couple for customers. A good laptop for the money without a doubt.

Hmmm. Aluminium laptops. Another great example of design over practicality. I remember some of the other manufacturers experimenting with this a few years back. Great until you drop one. That's when you learn about the shock absorbabilty of metal and the cost of replacement auminium case panels. Still, I supose you could use a panel beaters.

Very nice if you want them to look pretty sat on your desk but not practical if you want it to be mobile.