John to Palace?

saint_stevo

Nobody in the team is not for sale but John is a part of the team and if he goes I'm expect a good price. There is also a big difference between one party wanting to buy him and the other selling him, the "fact" that palace want him doesn't mean will sell him. I'd say they have a bigger chance with Helguson anyway, he seems to be far down the pecking order at Bolton. Anyway, no reason to get worked-up just yet, so far its a rumour from some palace fan saying the want John.

Basically we tried to sell the players we didn't want (Rasiak, Saga, Skacel and possibly Wright-Phillips and Thomas) but nobody wanted to pay good money for them so we're reduced to selling the players we would rather hang on to.

It's ****ing annoying but better than the alternative - administration, which would mean selling the players anyway and a points deduction.

Basically we tried to sell the players we didn't want (Rasiak, Saga, Skacel and possibly Wright-Phillips and Thomas) but nobody wanted to pay good money for them so we're reduced to selling the players we would rather hang on to.

It's ****ing annoying but better than the alternative - administration, which would mean selling the players anyway and a points deduction.

Fine, but then greater effort has to be made to make good use of those we cannot sell.

Not good enough, it should have already started.

That would results in unmotivated players and to many changes in the teams between the matches. I think the choice to leave the ones they wanted to sell out of the team was a wise one. It gives more stability to the first team. That said, perhaps they could have been used as subs.

Think how many clubs want a striker in this league. The closer it gets to the deadline the more likely clubs will go for John.

I can definitely see him going on loan or on a free. Skacel will no doubt go on loan again late on, but I doubt anyone will come in for Euell or Davis. Surman is an interesting one. Depends if someone is willing to take the gamble. 2m would do it and I think he'd be a good signing for someone at that price. If we can get all those deals done, try to loan a left back and hope like hell McGoldrick keeps scoring, we may have a chance. At least the transfer rumours would be over.

I don't believe that, from JP's selections its already clear he's important to the team so if he goes he goes for a decent fee.

I don't believe that, from JP's selections its already clear he's important to the team so if he goes he goes for a decent fee.

If someone else is willing to pay his wages, I think he'll go. He wasn't used much in pre season, and not on the first day of the season either was he? He's pretty much forced his way into the team, much as the others should be allowed to do.

Christ on a bike. When will it stop? And why haven't we sold Davis yet? Answer - because he is so bad no-one will even take him on a free.

Utter, utter, nonsense.

He is one of our most important players.

Have you seen how bad Bart is?

If KD goes and Forecast is not an adequate replacement we will definitely get relegated.

Would be a bigger loss than Andrew Davies imo. During the first half on Sat his all round game was excellent and I personally feel he suits this formation perfectly. He also makes DMG seem a much better player as I feel he is more suited to the role on the right. Hope he doesn't go but unfortunately with us in the way we are at present money talks.

How many collective goals do you think our "strikers on loan" group will net this season?

Has Saga played yet? Rasiak? John could be next. Maybe BWP?

Screw them. McGoldrick and Patterson will score more.

Probably.

Saga has already played two matches. One in CL qualifying and one in the league.

Hmm, not entrely convinced but then I did wonder when I saw the title of the thread if the queen had invited him up for a cuppa and a couple of custard creams.

But frankly if someone's willing to give us a few quid for SJ and get a big pay packet off the books we have little choice. and to be frank it's not the end of the world, he ain't a world beater, so we could get better in on less, I'm sure

Hmm, not entrely convinced but then I did wonder when I saw the title of the thread if the queen had invited him up for a cuppa and a couple of custard creams.

But frankly if someone's willing to give us a few quid for SJ and get a big pay packet off the books we have little choice. and to be frank it's not the end of the world, he ain't a world beater, so we could get better in on less, I'm sure

I always like you more when you are being Frank..

TBH, playing on his own up front and with Saganowski gone, I can't see John getting any more than 10 goals this season anyway. Mind you, when you look at the players we'd have left, that is almost prolific.

I hadn't been on this site for nearly 2 weeks before now. I come back and discover Davies and Rasiak have b*ggered off and we got beaten by Brum. I'm no Sir Allan Sugar, but surely if you keep cutting costs to the extent that you cannot deliver a product, your business is only going to get worse. I mean seriously what are we going to do when Killer, Thomas, Perry and DMG all pick up a knock at the same time?

a mate of mine is a palace fan, he said that Warnock is after John and Helguson

would make sense, my mate is a palace fan and he says all they need is a striker and john's name has been mentioned a lot.

Perhaps you can now tell your Palace mates that they have the wrong John :D