Bipolar Saints fans?

Saint Martini

This place has gone from generally very happy with Saturdays performance and a positive view for the rest of the season to mass depression. Now I understand people (including myself) are disappointed with the sale of Davies and in particular the price he went for but lets not forget that the good football so far has been played without him. Don't get me wrong I think he could have been important to the team but the reaction is generally a bit over the top for a player who hasn't played for Saints in like half a year.

Having been sold this idea of a young team, with no negative old journeymen, it's just depressing that we are now offloading our top 'young' players as well. Players like Davies and Surman are what I hoped we would build our team around. And on top of this, it looks like we will be stuck with several of the expensive old players.......

It's not a great time to be a saints fan.

I'm not depressed or bipolar, I'm just extremely happy one minute and then in tears with deep depression the next!!!!

We played brum off the park on Saturday, apart from a few hiccups in the second half. We'll come good and we're almost there.... WE'RE DOOMED I TELL YA! *boo hoo* ;)

This place has gone from generally very happy with Saturdays performance and a positive view for the rest of the season to mass depression. Now I understand people (including myself) are disappointed with the sale of Davies and in particular the price he went for but lets not forget that the good football so far has been played without him. Don't get me wrong I think he could have been important to the team but the reaction is generally a bit over the top for a player who hasn't played for Saints in like half a year.

No offense, but zero points and sitting at the bottom is the table isnt a good place to be, not matter how good the football is we are playing. We are leaking stupid goals after leading at home and we sell a defender for basically peanuts. I think we all have the right to be slightly ****ed off, not matter what the financial status if the club is.

I consider myself a rather optimistic person when it comes to Saints, but the sale of Davies has finally tipped me over the edge.

My main concern is that if we continue to sell players then we will start to have a severe lack of depth in the squad when players get injured/suspended. I know we need to reduce the wage bill but perhaps if these outgoing players are at least replaced with cheaper alternatives then maybe fans like myself may at least feel a little better.

I know we're without points but we were without points on Sunday as well and then most were still optimistic. I never said Davies won't be missed but this team is more then capable of picking up points against lesser opponents then Brum and Cardiff.

maybe but what happens when / if surman and john go? Or an injury to killer or perry. We simply cannot go through the whole season with the whole team made up with kids.

maybe but what happens when / if surman and john go? Or an injury to killer or perry. We simply cannot go through the whole season with the whole team made up with kids.

If John, goes a new striker will have to be brought in but I doubt he will go. So far its a unsubstantiated rumour from some palace fan.

If Surman goes we put Skacel LB, if he goes as well then we put Mills there and perhaps bring in a LB.

IF Svenssons knee malfunctions again we'll need to bring in a new CB, Lancashire, Wotton and Racine are nice as cover but not as you first choice. Its simple really, for several positions we have the minimal coverage, if we sell one of the players for that position then we need to bring someone in.

If John, goes a new striker will have to be brought in but I doubt he will go. So far its a unsubstantiated rumour from some palace fan.

If Surman goes we put Skacel LB, if he goes as well then we put Mills there and perhaps bring in a LB.

IF Svenssons knee malfunctions again we'll need to bring in a new CB, Lancashire, Wotton and Racine are nice as cover but not as you first choice. Its simple really, for several positions we have the minimal coverage, if we sell one of the players for that position then we need to bring someone in.

with what?

We could have played far worse and come away with 6 points from 2 games if the fixture list had been a little more kind. That's just bad luck. It's a very tough start. Last season really wasn't, and we ****ed that up far far worse.

Shhhhhhh Alpines around - you'll get a severe reprimand for hoping for a little luck to get you a result you know..!!!

I know this from bitter experience... ;)

My main concern is that if we continue to sell players then we will start to have a severe lack of depth in the squad when players get injured/suspended. I know we need to reduce the wage bill but perhaps if these outgoing players are at least replaced with cheaper alternatives then maybe fans like myself may at least feel a little better.

I fear that this is aldready becoming the case.:(

This my 47th season supporting the Saints.

In that time the only consistent think has in general been their inconsistency.

So I take the rough with the smooth .

I think I have been lucky in watching them during the very good times it cannot be so good for youngsters who have only been supporting for a few years.

It will get better one day

Saturdays performance was good especially first half against one of the favourites to win this league. People seem to forget that we have now played one of the toughest matches you will get away from home aswell as at home and though 0 points have come the performances in both cases have been good which is good news for the future imo. This week we are playing another fairly strong team but then with Blackpool at home those are the games to judge the team on. I also believe we have games at home to Barnsley and away to Doncaster you will get a much clearer view on how good our season will be after these games.

Writing this here, but it counts for the other thread with a similar title too (but not a good idea to opena at work).......

Could we not drop the "bipolar" frivolities, please ?

This is acutally a very serious medical condition.

Doesnt really seem to be a joking matter to me..

Thanks for your co-operation.

Writing this here, but it counts for the other thread with a similar title too (but not a good idea to opena at work).......

Well said. There is enough ignorance regarding bi polar already without these posts.

I couldn't agree with you more. On a football forum, where we discuss what is best for our football team does it really seem right and proper to be discussing the sexuality of the big white Arctic hunters? I for one do not care either way. Stop being so blinkered everyone. Live and let live.

I'm sorry but this is a bit PC over the top. There's no jokes about bipolar disease, its just a way of describing the collective mood swings the fan base seem to be suffering from. I don't see any jokes or frivolities.

It is a frivolity when being used to describe the usual mood swings experienced by football supporters.

It is a frivolity when being used to describe the usual mood swings experienced by football supporters.

It's not really. Almost all the poetry in the world would not be around if we introduced your way of thinking.

Can I object to the use of the term "mood swing" please? I find it a bit lacklustre in describing people with extreme up's and downs to their mental being.

'Bipolar' is used in many fields apart from the medical one. To those of us in the electronics world the medical condition is the last thing that would come to mind.

'Bipolar' is used in many fields apart from the medical one. To those of us in the electronics world the medical condition is the last thing that would come to mind.

I know the electronics context too, since I also work here.

But it was used in the medical context deliberately.

Sorry, I think its a poor show........

I know the electronics context too, since I also work here.

But it was used in the medical context deliberately.

Sorry, I think its a poor show........

If that is the case then I agree with you. I prefer to assume that everyone on this forum is a gentleman/lady and would not deliberately do such a thing. Until it was pointed out I had not seen the connection.